• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Covid Updates - Not Politics

3-7-77 said:
argh! said:
addendum, sort of - the numbers given are that about .01% of people who had covid were re-infected, vs .06% of those who were vaccinated. obviously, it is a pretty small chance either way. if the study was well done and accepted by the scientific community, you could still question of why one would rather risk getting covid for that teeny tiny advantage of not being re-infected? seems like those taking the risk of having covid for the purpose of future 'greater immunity' would still not following logic.

That oughta ignite some push back. :fuel:
Another great line quote, from 'Young Guns' or 'Young Guns II' (can't remember which), if used to decide on getting the vaxx or not:
"I'd rather drink turpentine and piss on a brushfire." :lol:

turpentine? pffttt. when i was in high school, i drank mad dog 20/20 with a little thunderbird as a chaser. i'd rather drink that than rewatch 'young guns', or even 'young guns 2'. puts turpentine to shame.

argh! said:
3-7-77 said:
That oughta ignite some push back. :fuel:
Another great line quote, from 'Young Guns' or 'Young Guns II' (can't remember which), if used to decide on getting the vaxx or not:
"I'd rather drink turpentine and piss on a brushfire." :lol:

turpentine? pffttt. when i was in high school, i drank mad dog 20/20 with a little thunderbird as a chaser. i'd rather drink that than rewatch 'young guns', or even 'young guns 2'. puts turpentine to shame.

Ever try this stuff ?
As a traditional Greek wine, retsina is made with the addition of pine resin, which, unsurprisingly, is a turn-off to people who find the uniquely pungent flavor and turpentine-like aromas unappealing.
No kidding.

fanofzoo said:
argh! said:

Ever try this stuff ?
As a traditional Greek wine, retsina is made with the addition of pine resin, which, unsurprisingly, is a turn-off to people who find the uniquely pungent flavor and turpentine-like aromas unappealing.
No kidding.
Yep, married to a Greek, tried it many times!

fanofzoo said:
argh! said:

Ever try this stuff ?
No kidding.

yes, i've had retsina. it was a moment of desperation.

Nearly 60% of Denver's police force is unvaccinated. Mayor is requiring vax for all city employees...

This will be interesting.

MikeyGriz said:
Not so good to be vaccinated in Mass:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/cdc-study-shows-74percent-of-people-infected-in-massachusetts-covid-outbreak-were-fully-vaccinated.html

https://twitter.com/AlexBMorse/status/1421139894257266691?s=20

argh! said:
fanofzoo said:
Ever try this stuff ?
No kidding.

:thumb: and you lived !

Spanky2 said:
fanofzoo said:
Ever try this stuff ?
No kidding.
Yep, married to a Greek, tried it many times!
:thumb: guts and glory

fanofzoo said:
argh! said:

:thumb: and you lived !

i lived, but now i have to live through it again, thanks to you reminding me of the taste, which is like... sake with pine sap mixed in?

Since this may be a “preventable” hospitalization it would be acceptable to me if insurance companies hiked the price to the unvaccinated Covid folk. Especially after the FDA approval.

nzone said:
Since this may be a “preventable” hospitalization it would be acceptable to me if insurance companies hiked the price to the unvaccinated Covid folk. Especially after the FDA approval.

Isn’t that like discrimination or something. Live free and die.

nzone said:

Why stop there? We could start hiking the price on those obese, have high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. and even risky sex. Ka-ching!

Those are all preventable as well.

PhxGriz said:
nzone said:

Why stop there? We could start hiking the price on those obese, have high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. and even risky sex. Ka-ching!

Are those pre-existing conditions...🤣 i thought a previous administration made that illegal, kind of like you can get all the traffic violations you feel like and they can't raise your premiums! Plus, you can get your fat ass behind the wheel of a car after consuming mass quantities of booze and they can't cancel your insurance, can "they?"

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
PhxGriz said:

Are those pre-existing conditions...🤣 i thought a previous administration made that illegal, kind of like you can get all the traffic violations you feel like and they can't raise your premiums! Plus, you can get your fat ass behind the wheel of a car after consuming mass quantities of booze and they can't cancel your insurance, can "they?"

Could have been a little more clear I was kidding with my comments.

PhxGriz said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

And I was being sarcastic too. How many immunizations are required before you can enroll in college, send your little shits to daycare called kindergarten? And people are actually concerned about teams without shots for Christ's sake!

No wonder Carlin got so disgusted with America he croaked!

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
PhxGriz said:

And I was being sarcastic too. How many immunizations are required before you can enroll in college, send your little shits to daycare called kindergarten? And people are actually concerned about teams without shots for Christ's sake!

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c[/media]

PhxGriz said:
nzone said:

I’ve never been able to completely avoid risky sex. Ever. Luckily, I’ve been able to prevent it on most occasions based upon my looks and personality. It’s my built-in defense.

CDAGRIZ said:
PhxGriz said:

I’ve never been able to completely avoid risky sex. Ever. Luckily, I’ve been able to prevent it on most occasions based upon my looks and personality. It’s my built-in defense.

:yikes:

although that has always worked for me.

argh! said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c[/media]

https://youtu.be/Uo-QIY7ys-k

Kind of like the necessity for "peer reviewed" bullshit...try getting that idea by your fucking journal editors who decide whether or not anything and everything is worthy of being published...🤣 All ten or twelve of them out there...

Now, lets talk about warp speed...how's that sitting with the journal editors?

Back