• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Transferring Mobile Tickets?

AKGriz72

I’m trying to figure out how to transfer my mobile tickets to a buddy. Do you have to add it to your Apple Wallet before it will let you transfer?

When I logged into that link from the email sent out today there was a portion at the very top of the website that said “transfer tickets”. I didn’t go into that link but I’m assuming you could do it there?

HookedonGriz said:
When I logged into that link from the email sent out today there was a portion at the very top of the website that said “transfer tickets”. I didn’t go into that link but I’m assuming you could do it there?

Yeah, I tried that and then it took me to a page that said that there were no tickets available. Going to call Griztix in the am and see if I can figure it out

https://gogriz.com/sports/2021/3/4/mobile-ticketing-frequently-asked-questions.aspx

various mobile ticket questions are answered here. Including how to best transfer.

AKGriz72 said:
HookedonGriz said:

Yeah, I tried that and then it took me to a page that said that there were no tickets available. Going to call Griztix in the am and see if I can figure it out

NOTE THE LAST LINE!

How to Transfer Tickets to Someone Else

1. Using your mobile device, Click Here

2. Log into your account

3. Under My Tickets, tap START A TRANSFER

4. Select which game you are transferring

5. Check the box next to the ticket(s) you are transferring

6. Tap the maroon CONTINUE button at the bottom

7. Type in the Mobile Number of the person receiving the tickets

8. Tap the maroon REVIEW TRANSFER button at the bottom

9. Review that all the information is correct

10. Tap the maroon TRANSFER TICKET button at the bottom

11. You will receive a Ticket Transfer Initiation Confirmation email

REMINDER: When transferring a ticket, the person receiving the tickets must accept and complete the transfer within 48 hours

I gave this transferring a shot, but I do not see a button that says, Start a Transfer. When I hit the only button that says Transfer, it gives me a notice that I have no tickets to transfer. Any help would be welcomed.

Yep something is not right. There is only one button that has anything to do with transferring a ticket, and it sounds like it’s telling everyone there are no tickets to transfer. I’ll email the GrizTix folks and give them a heads up I’m sure others have done so as well.

I think the easier option would be when the tickets are downloaded to to your Apple Wallet app, just screenshot them and text them to whoever you're trying to send that to. We have 6 tickets and usually use 4 and then give the other 2 to a friend of mine and he doesn't even have a griztix account. So I just downloaded all 6 tickets and then screenshotted the 2 tickets I'm giving him and then texted them to him. That would be much simpler then this weird ass transferring system they have in place.

Griz til I die said:
I think the easier option would be when the tickets are downloaded to to your Apple Wallet app, just screenshot them and text them to whoever you're trying to send that to. We have 6 tickets and usually use 4 and then give the other 2 to a friend of mine and he doesn't even have a griztix account. So I just downloaded all 6 tickets and then screenshotted the 2 tickets I'm giving him and then texted them to him. That would be much simpler then this weird ass transferring system they have in place.

Yes I agree, but the FAQs said a screen shot may not work. I think they will completely work (at least I don’t see why not) so I’m with you.

HookedonGriz said:
Griz til I die said:

Yes I agree, but the FAQs said a screen shot may not work. I think they will completely work (at least I don’t see why not) so I’m with you.
Ya I saw that too. It's probably because they would rather you try and use their ridiculously complex transfer system so they don't look dumb for developing it lol, when instead you can do this when it's much less time consuming and much easier.

1976griz said:
The FAQ section says not to rely on screen shots...might work, but might not....
When I was a student at UM 2 years ago, the only way we got our tickets was via email. We didn't get any of the ticket stubs that season ticket holders had. I used to give my student ticket to a friend (because I had season tickets so I would just get myself in that way) and I used to always screenshot the tickets rather then forwarding the email to my friends and they never had any issue with them. You'll be fine if you screenshot them. It's not like they get distorted or anything like that, they'll still work. IDK why the FAQ says not to do that. Probably because they developed a transfer system that's a total waste of time and they want to see people use it I guess, but screenshotting will work just as well.

I called the ticket office and just had them revert my tickets to print at home status. I’d rather deal with paper and it would be just my luck for me to have too many Cold Smokes the night before or morning of a game and lose my phone!

AKGriz72 said:
I called the ticket office and just had them revert my tickets to print at home status. I’d rather deal with paper and it would be just my luck for me to have too many Cold Smokes the night before or morning of a game and lose my phone!

Next year I think there should be an option for a printed ticket like in past years... would be happy to pay a reasonable up-charge for that option... just a thought.

$2,000.00 for 4 season tickets. Just print the tickets in booklet form without all the other stuff usually sent with them. I voiced my displeasure in the new system. Don’t think it mattered much to them.

markson161 said:
$2,000.00 for 4 season tickets. Just print the tickets in booklet form without all the other stuff usually sent with them. I voiced my displeasure in the new system. Don’t think it mattered much to them.
Welcome to the new world man. They have no desire to go back to printed tickets. They’ve been wanting to do this for years and the pandemic gave them the perfect reason to finally make the switch. You just gotta get used to it like anything else.

Just transferred 2 tickets to a friend it went as smooth as a babies bottom.

Talked to the Adams Center on why they would prefer not to use screen shots. They said that if there was an issue the day of the game, the person with the screen shot could not get any help with the tickets as they were not the assigned owners. But had they been transferred to them then they could help as they would be the assigned owners of those tickets for that game. Just a little FYI for why you should not use screen shots.

mtgrizzly said:
Just transferred 2 tickets to a friend it went as smooth as a babies bottom.

Talked to the Adams Center on why they would prefer not to use screen shots. They said that if there was an issue the day of the game, the person with the screen shot could not get any help with the tickets as they were not the assigned owners. But had they been transferred to them then they could help as they would be the assigned owners of those tickets for that game. Just a little FYI for why you should not use screen shots.

That makes sense. Thanks for the follow up.

Back