• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

CFL Football on Now!

I don't see any of the former Montana players listed on CFL rosters. Thought Dante Olson and JLM were with Edmonton, Dalton Sneed was with Winnipeg, and Travon Van was with Ottawa. That's off the top of my head so could easily be missing somebody, as well.

My first thought is maybe it has something to do with the border closure but I saw some articles from June saying the CFL was only requiring a 7 day quarantine and passing 4 Covid tests for returning players and staff to be able to participate in the mid July training camps, so I'm not sure what the deal is for the Montana players.

JLM and Sneed were cut July 20th on the final day of roster cuts, at that time Olson was still on the 75 man roster so no clue what happened there, Travon Vann was traded to the Toronto Argonauts in 2018 form the BC lions whom he had been traded to after a severe neck injury at Edmonton in 2018. He was never able to fully recover and during the cancelled 2020 season was released and retired from play.

Looks like he retired...

Edmonton Elks

Olson signed with the Edmonton Elks of the CFL on March 31, 2021.[9] He retired from football on June 24, 2021.[10]

My GF and I will rock Griz gear at the Riders game tonight. Maroon and Silver really stands out in a sea of green and white.

SaskGriz said:
My GF and I will rock Griz gear at the Riders game tonight. Maroon and Silver really stands out in a sea of green and white.

:clap: What a great day for Canada, and therefore the world.

SACCAT66 said:
Looks like he retired...

Edmonton Elks

Olson signed with the Edmonton Elks of the CFL on March 31, 2021.[9] He retired from football on June 24, 2021.[10]

Yep talked to a buddy of mine whom follows CFL. He injured a pectoral and it flared up again bad. He decided to pursue other career options and end his football career.

Ursa Major said:
SaskGriz said:

Thank you, as a country with the World's Best Athlete, and the best Women's Soccer team that means a lot. In fairness you still have the World's Best Women's American football team; Montana State.

SaskGriz said:
Ursa Major said:
Thank you, as a country with the World's Best Athlete, and the best Women's Soccer team that means a lot. In fairness you still have the World's Best Women's American football team; Montana State.

As is tradition :thumb:

Back