• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Game Times?

Griz til I die said:
WIU Dad said:
6:00 on a Saturday night in Montana! I'm sure it's going to be great night for Football!
What kind of team do you guys got this year?

If we can get improved OL play we should be competitive. We play a crazy tough schedule, so not sure how many wins “competitive” turns into. Lots of new faces and kids back from injury, so that should help solve our depth issues from Spring. But we have to be able to run the ball to have any success. And that’s been an issue for us the last couple seasons. We’ll see. My guess would be that we’re a 5 or 6 win team, but not as good as the team you guys saw when you came to Macomb a few years ago.

AZGrizFan said:
WIU Dad said:
6:00 on a Saturday night in Montana! I'm sure it's going to be great night for Football!

Going to be epic. As long as there aren’t a bajillion forest fires still going on.

Oh wow, didn’t even think about that. Have the fires spread to the Missoula area?

Oh, yeah. Good thing Washington Grizzly Stadium is made of concrete. F*ck the flames and smoke, the show goes on. :roll:

The night game @ Eastern on ESPNU will be fun as hell. Finally get our first win on the used maxi pad. That’s gone on waaaaaay too long

garizzalies said:
The night game @ Eastern on ESPNU will be fun as hell. Finally get our first win on the used maxi pad. That’s gone on waaaaaay too long
I mean it doesn’t help that we haven’t played there in 5 years either.

ONE night game a year? ONE out of six home games??? How much did this lighting system cost? Must be the Kryptonite fiber filament bulbs the management doesn't want our Supermen Griz to play under.

3-7-77 said:
ONE night game a year? ONE out of six home games??? How much did this lighting system cost? Must be the Kryptonite fiber filament bulbs the management doesn't want our Supermen Griz to play under.

Funny, we are having the exact same discussion on BN.

I remember talking to an AD once and he said a lot of thought actually goes into night games. But the biggest reason he gave me for limited night games was actually the fans themselves. You give a college football fan, students especially, an entire day to get boozed up and it becomes a huge liability come kickoff in the evenings. It was a thought I never considered at the time. He then explained that there is a very good reason Cat-Griz is always at noon. ;)

Not saying this is the end all be all reason for few night games, but I found it interesting and it makes sense when you think about it.

ilovethecats said:
3-7-77 said:

I remember talking to an AD once and he said a lot of thought actually goes into night games. But the biggest reason he gave me for limited night games was actually the fans themselves. You give a college football fan, students especially, an entire day to get boozed up and it becomes a huge liability come kickoff in the evenings. It was a thought I never considered at the time. He then explained that there is a very good reason Cat-Griz is always at noon. ;)

Not saying this is the end all be all reason for few night games, but I found it interesting and it makes sense when you think about it.

For teams that pull from a large trade zone (ie. fans come from a outside the DMA and tend to make day trips to attend) this gives them the opportunity to return home and given the temperature and weather during most games in Montana this too makes a lot of sense...

Interesting take, ILTC. I've never gone to WGS drunk or even tailgated once there. I had a long drive home following the game. My undergrad days are another story, but it was LEGAL back then. Couldn't have it inside New Dornblaser, though.
The solution to the new perceived 'problem' is easy, monitor the gates, refuse entry to anyone not 21 and under the influence of anything. They used 100 gallon drums to toss contraband booze. They could use that stuff as runner-up prize for the 50/50 drawing.

ilovethecats said:
3-7-77 said:

I think if you talked to the ADs, they'd also tell you that college football is a Saturday afternoon sport. NFL stadiums all have lights, and most of those teams play only one or two night games a year.

WIU Dad said:
Griz til I die said:
What kind of team do you guys got this year?

If we can get improved OL play we should be competitive. We play a crazy tough schedule, so not sure how many wins “competitive” turns into. Lots of new faces and kids back from injury, so that should help solve our depth issues from Spring. But we have to be able to run the ball to have any success. And that’s been an issue for us the last couple seasons. We’ll see. My guess would be that we’re a 5 or 6 win team, but not as good as the team you guys saw when you came to Macomb a few years ago.

Thanks for the information, Dad. Please stay on the board as we get closer to the game and provide more insight. And don't let the asshats on here get you down. If you need recommendations on places to go in Missoula, just say the word.

GrizTexas said:
ilovethecats said:

For teams that pull from a large trade zone (ie. fans come from a outside the DMA and tend to make day trips to attend) this gives them the opportunity to return home and given the temperature and weather during most games in Montana this too makes a lot of sense...
That assumption is too simple. It depends on the distance traveled. For us we have to stay over the night after even for day games. Night games are far better; don't have to leave at the crack of dawn and have a comfortable trip both ways.

A major factor in getting lights was to allow late season afternoon practices during the week.

ilovethecats said:
3-7-77 said:

There's another reason why we don't have more night games, but I'm not allowed to discuss it for personal safety reasons. I'll just say this: I'm not a fan of waking up to severed horse heads.

EverettGriz said:
WIU Dad said:

Thanks for the information, Dad. Please stay on the board as we get closer to the game and provide more insight. And don't let the asshats on here get you down. If you need recommendations on places to go in Missoula, just say the word.

Appreciate that, I will! We are all looking forward to experiencing game day in Missoula. Already researching your Brew Pubs!

WIU Dad said:
EverettGriz said:

Appreciate that, I will! We are all looking forward to experiencing game day in Missoula. Already researching your Brew Pubs!

Everett would be one of the best posters to provide information on Missoula’s brew pubs. If he isn’t busy at an inpatient substance abuse treatment, facility, you’ll usually find him at said brew pubs. :thumb:

Ursa Major said:
WIU Dad said:

Everett would be one of the best posters to provide information on Missoula’s brew pubs. If he isn’t busy at an inpatient substance abuse treatment, facility, you’ll usually find him at said brew pubs. :thumb:

Sounds like I found my Guy! :lol:

Be sure to get a double pepperjack at the Mo Club. So good you can still taste it 5 hours later.
And if you’re really feeling randy, order a Grizzly-jack

garizzalies said:
Be sure to get a double pepperjack at the Mo Club. So good you can still taste it 5 hours later.
And if you’re really feeling randy, order a Grizzly-jack

Warm beer and cold Burgers! Got it on the list!

kemajic said:
GrizTexas said:
That assumption is too simple. It depends on the distance traveled. For us we have to stay over the night after even for day games. Night games are far better; don't have to leave at the crack of dawn and have a comfortable trip both ways.

Good point but I was thinking more in terms of the fans wanting to make the day trip from places like Helena, Butte, Kalispell etc., I remember those days from my youth when the family got up early went to Missoula and then made the road trip home after the game...every couple of years we got the special treat of staying overnight after the Griz-Cat game. My uneducated assumption is more people do the day trip based on the cost and convenience... Totally understand having to get up at the crack of dawn... my flights in for the games leave at 5:45 AM which make the Mo Club seem like the Ritz when we arrive!

Latest posts

Back