• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

INDOOR PRACTICE FACILITY

EverettGriz said:
Ursa Major said:
This is what comes to mind when I think of HVAC and a bubble.

FC0294-A0-417-D-4-F54-8018-511-EE32-DA9-E1.webp

That’s fascinating as I get precisely the same mental image when I think about cowboyIQ84’s intellect. Oh the humanity….

Nope.... Similar to your ability to keep up and face reality.

Cowboys84 said:
EverettGriz said:
That’s fascinating as I get precisely the same mental image when I think about cowboyIQ84’s intellect. Oh the humanity….

I...don't even know what this is supposed to mean.

AZGrizFan said:
Cowboys84 said:
So why is University of Montana building a bubble now if weather isn't a factor for practicing outside in October, November and December when the weather really starts getting dicey?

Not the only reason, but ONE of the reasons Montana didn't do a spring season was because of lack of proper facilities and the weather.. ... Keep trying.

That had about zero to do with it.
I think the requirement to start practicing in late January DID have something to do with it.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
That had about zero to do with it.
I think the requirement to start practicing in late January DID have something to do with it.

or the requirements in august and early september, which in the past forced the team to go elsewhere for practice, because the air in missoula was so unhealthy due to forest fires.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Cowboys84 said:
Alright, if the unpredictable weather conditions in Missoula later in the year isn't a reason, why are they doing this?...

The weather in Western Montana has always been unpredictable later in the year. it isn't something new.

My question is, why wasn't this issue addressed years ago?

Why are they doing this? Because Bobby has said for years dating back to his first stint here that it would be a game changing facility in terms of his ability to prepare his teams during the colder months in the playoffs. I would think there is a good chance they use it some during the hottest times of the year for practice as well. It’s about efficiency and efficacy; players will ostensibly practice harder for longer in a regulated climate and get more out of a single practice than they would practicing in either the heat or cold or otherwise inclement weather. Bobby wants to “return to dominance”, this will aid in that effort by allowing the team to practice more effectively in colder and hotter weather, and will also serve as a recruiting advantage in the short term until MSU inevitably gets one.

Why has it taken so long? Because it required funding, as did the academic center, the new champions center, and the men’s and women’s locker rooms. Those things that cost in the tens of millions of dollars and required both fundraising and substantial donations from the Washington family. Those were items farther up the list that required the athletic department’s attention. Many of the internals of the facilities that fans never saw for years were among the worst if not the worst in all of the conference. They are now likely the best in conference. This practice facility has been a long time coming, and will be a huge recruiting and practicing advantage in 2022 and beyond.

Marcus Daley keep his race horses in Hamilton during the winter, he said it keep their legs strong pawing through the snow.
Whats next, calling games off for in climate weather ?

Why hasn't there been any confirmation of this 'Indoor Practice Facility?' Bodnar, Haslam, Hauck are all silent. Nothing from anyone in the UM administration.
If UM has $6.5 million dollars to spend on a facility like this, with completion by November 2022, I would expect some real horn blowing and celebration. Nothing.

Someone asked for a link earlier, and was blown off with some vague claim he wasn't a Quarterback Club member, or he WOULD be in the know.
I'd love to see this facility happen, but right now I smell shit and checking my shoes.

3-7-77 said:
Why hasn't there been any confirmation of this 'Indoor Practice Facility?' Bodnar, Haslam, Hauck are all silent. Nothing from anyone in the UM administration.
If UM has $6.5 million dollars to spend on a facility like this, with completion by November 2022, I would expect some real horn blowing and celebration. Nothing.

Someone asked for a link earlier, and was blown off with some vague claim he wasn't a Quarterback Club member, or he WOULD be in the know.
I'd love to see this facility happen, but right now I smell shit and checking my shoes.

If true, heads must roll!! :lol: :lol:

3-7-77 said:

The link has been available to QB club members since they donated $2MM of the $6.5MM with instructions to not release until released by the University, expected soon. Relax a bit.

kemajic said:
The link has been available to QB club members since they donated $2MM of the $6.5MM with instructions to not release until released by the University, expected soon. Relax a bit.

I would have to ass/u/me that the author, OP, of this post is a QB Club member. Username is 'Sport.' Evidently, "instructions to not release until released by the University" don't mean shit to this guy. Way to go guys, the secret is safe with us! Sport, the clubs 'narcissist in chief.'
FYI, there is a kids book entitled, "I Know Something You Don't Know, " by Karen Scheuer, which should be mandatory reading for QB Club members. Meant for kids 2-6 y/o. Ought to cover your membership.

3-7-77 said:

https://gogriz.com/sports/2019/8/28/inside-the-den-podcast.aspx

At 37:40 of the latest "Inside The Den" podcast, Haslam states that there are more hoops to jump through but does confirm "making some great momentum with" an indoor practice facility.

DoubleNicks said:
3-7-77 said:

https://gogriz.com/sports/2019/8/28/inside-the-den-podcast.aspx

At 37:40 of the latest "Inside The Den" podcast, Haslam states that there are more hoops to jump through but does confirm "making some great momentum with" an indoor practice facility.

DoubleNicks, YOU have provided vastly more information with your link and post than the entire five pages on this thread to-date. I'm sure Haslam had his reasons to keep this under wraps, but all it took was a ego driven septuagenarian to f*ck it up. A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. Words for the wise for the Quarterbacks Club.

If you can't do kick offs or punts won't the special teams suffer, they are 1/3 of the team.
But hell if they are so intent in putting up a bubble (which people will laugh at 10 years down the road when it really looks low class), go for it.

Why are buying into the mantra of the other team "it's better low class". Look at their place.

I hear the plans call for all UV lighting and rubbing alcohol humidifiers to qualify for grabbing $35M in languishing CARES ACT funds, sold as a covid free practice/safe vaccination zone. You'll get your brick and mortar, just keep the MSU, Polish ball bearing factory designing architects, on the other side of the divide.

horribilisfan8184 said:
I hear the plans call for all UV lighting and rubbing alcohol humidifiers to qualify for grabbing $35M in languishing CARES ACT funds, sold as a covid free practice/safe vaccination zone. You'll get your brick and mortar, just keep the MSU, Polish ball bearing factory designing architects, on the other side of the divide.

:thumb:

EverettGriz said:
Cowboys84 said:

Why doesn't this surprise me... Read some of the posts on here... some are not very impressed by the prospects of a bubble... Now can you keep up?

Cowboys84 said:
EverettGriz said:

Why doesn't this surprise me... Read some of the posts on here... some are not very impressed by the prospects of a bubble... Now can you keep up?
I have to wonder how many of the anti-bubble posters have actually contributed anything to facility upgrades.

Cowboys84 said:
EverettGriz said:

Yeah, uh, no help.

Back