• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Good, Bad, Ugly - Bye Week

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Good
- we saw another Big Sky team upset a pac12 team (NAU over Arizona)
- we witnessed an eastern defense who couldn’t stop a 5th grade flag football team
- some of our guys who are dinged up got some much needed recovery and rest

Bad:
- the back up Weber QB…..yikes.
- the last two teams the Cats have played
- the announcers for the EWU game (he sounded 13 and he threw out phrases like “golly gee willikers”, “oh my goodness gracious” and admitted in all his time around football he never heard of a sideline warning. These two could have gone in the good category too as they we’re quite entertaining.
- we witnessed an ewu offense who is very good

Ugly:
- Idaho got shelled 42-0 by Oregon St
- UNC lost to Lamar

Kinda reminds of Cato "The Cat" Butler on the radio in the old days. "Saunders down the sod for seven" and "Tickles the twine for two" !!

HookedonGriz said:
Good
- we saw another Big Sky team upset a pac12 team (NAU over Arizona)
- we witnessed an eastern defense who couldn’t stop a 5th grade flag football team
- some of our guys who are dinged up got some much needed recovery and rest

Bad:
- the back up Weber QB…..yikes.
- the last two teams the Cats have played
- the announcers for the EWU game (he sounded 13 and he threw out phrases like “golly gee willikers”, “oh my goodness gracious” and admitted in all his time around football he never heard of a sideline warning. These two could have gone in the good category too as they we’re quite entertaining.
- we witnessed an ewu offense who is very good

Ugly:
- Idaho got shelled 42-0 by Oregon St
- UNC lost to Lamar

In UNC defense, they did get to ot with a shitty backup QB.

HookedonGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Another of his favorite phrases….”what in tarnizzle!”

Followed up with a “pitter patter let’s get at er!”

I mean wtf was going on there! 😂😂

In all fairness, "pitter patter let's get at er!" is a current pop culture reference, and could be good when used appropriately.

stilwtrgrizz said:
Kinda reminds of Cato "The Cat" Butler on the radio in the old days. "Saunders down the sod for seven" and "Tickles the twine for two" !!

The cat’s in the bag, and the bag’s in the river.

HookedonGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Another of his favorite phrases….”what in tarnizzle!”

In all honesty, he and Marvin kind of grew on me through the course of the game. His absolute and truthful astonishment at some of the plays and calls….”I’ve never seen that penalty called in my life! Then again, I’ve only been calling WIU games since this spring!” And the “Welcome to the 6-1-4-5-5” when he came back from every commercial break…..good stuff.

the bad, the bad... no sunshine, no green sheen. when it is time to call upon the engine to roar the machine to life, it is hard to operate without some of your key parts.

AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:

In all honesty, he and Marvin kind of grew on me through the course of the game. His absolute and truthful astonishment at some of the plays and calls….”I’ve never seen that penalty called in my life! Then again, I’ve only been calling WIU games since this spring!” And the “Welcome to the 6-1-4-5-5” when he came back from every commercial break…..good stuff.

I’m with you, when he would throw a softball question up to Marvin just so Marvin would say something literally anything at all it was just perfect

argh! said:
the bad, the bad... no sunshine, no green sheen. when it is time to call upon the engine to roar the machine to life, it is hard to operate without some of your key parts.

I’m greatly enjoying pathology-free eGriz. This will hopefully lead to a greater number of readers and posters to the site. Hopefully younger with different POVs.

Tarnizzle!

Back