• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM vs. EWU on ESPN2

Ursa Major said:
poorgriz said:
You seem stressed.

Think about it, nation-wide audience tunes in to watch a football game and the home team comes running out of the mouth of a blow-up mascot in their ridiculous stadium with unconnected and mismatched bleachers. Oh wait . . .never mind.

:lol:

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
It’s a goddam shame that the game is going to be nationally televised from what amounts to a shit high school field with about the worst most ugly turd of a turf field in the country. What a terrible way to represent the FCS. We’re basically broadcasting to the entire U.S. that the FCS is exactly as shitty as they imagined it was. As embarrassing as it is, it’s probably a more honest representation of the FCS, which is precisely why UM and any other self respecting program should be looking to move up
I mean ESPN picked this game as opposed to a game at Wa-Griz. You can shit on the FCS all you want but at the end of the day they chose this game over a home Griz game so it’s hard to feel bad for them.

AZGrizFan said:
RainierGriz said:
Agreed! EWU getting an FBS win and having this be a top 10 showdown doesn’t hurt either. I’d be lying if I didn’t say I wish this game was in Missoula.

Maybe ESPN thinks it is. :lol: :lol:

Showing that shithole on TV for 3 hours is going to set this conference back 15 years.

AMEN

Griz til I die said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
It’s a goddam shame that the game is going to be nationally televised from what amounts to a shit high school field with about the worst most ugly turd of a turf field in the country. What a terrible way to represent the FCS. We’re basically broadcasting to the entire U.S. that the FCS is exactly as shitty as they imagined it was. As embarrassing as it is, it’s probably a more honest representation of the FCS, which is precisely why UM and any other self respecting program should be looking to move up
I mean ESPN picked this game as opposed to a game at Wa-Griz. You can shit on the FCS all you want but at the end of the day they chose this game over a home Griz game so it’s hard to feel bad for them.

It has nothing to do with shitting on the FCS. It has everything to do with the game ESPN chose to broadcast and the venue from which they chose to broadcast it. They could easily have done their research. Had they done so they would have come to the conclusion that the most watched game and biggest draw would have been UM vs MSU. The Brawl would have been such a great way to showcase the FCS in either MSUs stadium or ours. Instead ESPN will be shitting all over the FCS with this “clown car act show” of a venue.

Let me get this straight. Espn2 is putting a regular season Griz game on in a decent time slot. When they have a full slate of fbs games to choose from and people are complaining that it's at EWU. I agree EWU field sucks it's gonna be brutal watching it for 3.5 hours in 4k. Espn can't show Griz vs Cats cause Root sports is already airing it. So quit bitching and if you don't want to look at that god awful field I'm sure riley Corcoran will do a fine job on the radio broadcast.

grizingatorland said:
Let me get this straight. Espn2 is putting a regular season Griz game on in a decent time slot. When they have a full slate of fbs games to choose from and people are complaining that it's at EWU. I agree EWU field sucks it's gonna be brutal watching it for 3.5 hours in 4k. Espn can't show Griz vs Cats cause Root sports is already airing it. So quit bitching and if you don't want to look at that god awful field I'm sure riley Corcoran will do a fine job on the radio broadcast.

That’s something I can get behind. Riley does do one heck of a job. We’re lucky to have him .

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Griz til I die said:

It has nothing to do with shitting on the FCS. It has everything to do with the game ESPN chose to broadcast and the venue from which they chose to broadcast it. They could easily have done their research. Had they done so they would have come to the conclusion that the most watched game and biggest draw would have been UM vs MSU. The Brawl would have been such a great way to showcase the FCS in either MSUs stadium or ours. Instead ESPN will be shitting all over the FCS with this “clown car act show” of a venue.

It's not like ESPN hasn't broadcast a game at Eastern before so obviously they know what the field is like. Sure it sucks and frankly I'd be embarrassed if I was an eagle fan, but I will be glued to the TV regardless.

Line up at the porta pots with TP in hand. :lol: Hey maybe they can get msu to ship over their “artistically player designed “ porta pots for a additional “optics”. Not to mention players who look like ghosts running around dressed in their “matching” uniform-field red colors. Hopefully both ewu and Montana win this Saturday setting up a great football game on the 2nd.

grizingatorland said:

Decent time slot? It's 10:30pm eastern. Poor drunk bastards on the east coast will think the field is actual hell.

EverettGriz said:
Ursa Major said:
Think about it, nation-wide audience tunes in to watch a football game and the home team comes running out of the mouth of a blow-up mascot in their ridiculous stadium with unconnected and mismatched bleachers. Oh wait . . .never mind.

:lol:

HA...The jokes on YOU... The Cats don't even run out of the Bobcat head anymore. They run out of the middle of the endzone that is in between the unconnected and mismatched bleachers... So There!!!

The.Real.2506 said:
Have the fizz ever won on the red turf?

Asking for a friend :thumb:

Is your friend Yogi? If so, please tell him hello from all of us, and that we miss him.

Yukon said:
grizingatorland said:

Decent time slot? It's 10:30pm eastern. Poor drunk bastards on the east coast will think the field is actual hell.

It's not far off.

Honest question for our Eastern brethren who frequent our board:

Do you think national exposure of your stadium and turf is a positive or a negative in terms of recruiting, both players and students in general?

SACCAT66 said:
EverettGriz said:

HA...The jokes on YOU... The Cats don't even run out of the Bobcat head anymore. They run out of the middle of the endzone that is in between the unconnected and mismatched bleachers... So There!!!

Checkmate!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yukon said:
grizingatorland said:
As my (long passed) Mom would say, "Quityerbitchin'." FWIW, unless the schedule changes, the Griz game will be on that channel right after the Power-5 matchup between Baylor and Oklahoma State. Yes, it will be opposite the Auburn-LSU game that starts at 7:00 pm MT on ESPN. Luckily, there's this thing called "Previous Channel" on most TV remotes ... I'll settle for the Griz being the "Previous Channel" choice. And if we have a good game and Auburn-LSU gets out of hand, they could be the main choice. This a huge opportunity and we need to embrace it.

And an OBTW: If the inferno offends your sensibilities that much, switch your view from color to shades-of-gray (yes, you can do that).

EverettGriz said:

Do you think national exposure of your stadium and turf is a positive or a negative in terms of recruiting, both players and students in general?

Product on the field will trump everything.

Yes, that atrocity of a field is a complete clown car act show. I don't think even die-hard Eags fans could defend that thing. But you guys are on national tv. That's awesome. If the game shakes out like it should, and it's back and forth with an exciting finish, that's great exposure. If it's a blowout, that's ok exposure for the winning team.

Look at it this way. What's better; a barn-burning Griz win on that disgusting tampon, or a Griz loss in a ho-hum game in a packed Wash-griz?

Product on the field beats nice facilities 100 out of 100 times.

ilovethecats said:
EverettGriz said:

Product on the field will trump everything.

Yes, that atrocity of a field is a complete clown car act show. I don't think even die-hard Eags fans could defend that thing. But you guys are on national tv. That's awesome. If the game shakes out like it should, and it's back and forth with an exciting finish, that's great exposure. If it's a blowout, that's ok exposure for the winning team.

Look at it this way. What's better; a barn-burning Griz win on that disgusting tampon, or a Griz loss in a ho-hum game in a packed Wash-griz?

Product on the field beats nice facilities 100 out of 100 times.

Yeah, I'm not sure I subscribe to the all exposure is good exposure theory.

As an example, if I pull up a restaurant on Yelp and browse through the photos, and I see a rat in half of them, I'm not likely to eat there no matter how many rave reviews there are about how good the food is.

The MWC has a lot of games on ESPN as well. My question is if you're a right tackle from Meridian, ID or a future political science major from Oxnard, CA and you see the facilities at ewoo, are you more likely or less likely to attend there or, say, Colorado State.

Back