• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Staff Shortages at stadium

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
In this interest rate market you don’t need to. P&I on a 450,000 loan is only about $1750 a month. LOTS of affordable housing (and way more affordable than renting, especially when you factor in the tax benefits).

So, just $300k/year income, and every 27yo can do just what horriblis did.

That was my point going over your head.

In this interest rate environment you don’t NEED to make 75% of the house cost. As in my previous example, a married couple making 75,000 can buy a $450,000 house for just $1750 a month P&I.

CDAGRIZ said:
SoldierGriz said:
Why not? My plumber is a great dude with a nice house and kids in a good school district. Seems happy.

Yep. My dad was in the trades for 40 years, my mom was a stay at home, and we always had a roof over our heads. When I was in second grade, my parents had a new house built. Years later, they told me the lot cost $4k, and the construction was around $70k. 3300 square feet on half an acre. It had everything to do with the choices he made and nothing to do with COL. I choose a brand new single family home for $74k.

Look, Soldier, nobody is saying it makes someone a bad person if he or she benefitted from certain circumstances. I also don't think it diminishes their accomplishments. What I do think is that it's a bit naïve to think it's just as easy today if you just "make good choices". Example: A good friend just bought a house in Newport (Port Streets if you're familiar) for $2.2 million. It's about 2,500 sq. ft. and needs wall to wall renovation. Now, I personally don't think that was a good choice, but that's a different discussion. The thing that struck me is his next door neighbors who have lived there for 25+ years are a retired public school teacher on one side, and a retired cop on the other. Cool guys and noble professions for sure, but the days of teachers and cops buying in that neighborhood are sadly over. It's a shame because it was probably a great middle class, family-type neighborhood back in the day.

From somebody more in the know than me...in this example, it is my understanding that the teacher on one side and the cop on the other are paying property taxes based on what they paid for the property-- not current value. Is this true or bullshit? Just asking.

AZGrizFan said:
3-7-77 said:
WHY the staff shortages, whether at the gates or concessions? Curious, not critical.

have you been living in a cave for the past 18 months? EVERYONE is experiencing staff shortages because people have been being paid not to work by our benevolent government. 8 million unemployed....10.9 million job openings.
How come when a trillion dollars of tax payer money was paid to bankers and wall street multinational corporations or when 50 billion gets printed and spent on quantitative easing nobody ever says it's a disensentive for them to produce? But when a few hundred bucks gets paid to working people to keep them out of poverty everyone screams about what lazy bastards people are for not toiling away for slave wages at taco bell?

blackfoot griz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Yep. My dad was in the trades for 40 years, my mom was a stay at home, and we always had a roof over our heads. When I was in second grade, my parents had a new house built. Years later, they told me the lot cost $4k, and the construction was around $70k. 3300 square feet on half an acre. It had everything to do with the choices he made and nothing to do with COL. I choose a brand new single family home for $74k.

Look, Soldier, nobody is saying it makes someone a bad person if he or she benefitted from certain circumstances. I also don't think it diminishes their accomplishments. What I do think is that it's a bit naïve to think it's just as easy today if you just "make good choices". Example: A good friend just bought a house in Newport (Port Streets if you're familiar) for $2.2 million. It's about 2,500 sq. ft. and needs wall to wall renovation. Now, I personally don't think that was a good choice, but that's a different discussion. The thing that struck me is his next door neighbors who have lived there for 25+ years are a retired public school teacher on one side, and a retired cop on the other. Cool guys and noble professions for sure, but the days of teachers and cops buying in that neighborhood are sadly over. It's a shame because it was probably a great middle class, family-type neighborhood back in the day.

From somebody more in the know than me...in this example, it is my understanding that the teacher on one side and the cop on the other are paying property taxes based on what they paid for the property-- not current value. Is this true or bullshit? Just asking.

For the most part, yes. Nominal increases per year in CA, but not a complete reassessment like other states seem to do. My former next door neighbors were paying taxes on a 340k assessed value and sold for over four times that.

AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

In this interest rate environment you don’t NEED to make 75% of the house cost. As in my previous example, a married couple making 75,000 can buy a $450,000 house for just $1750 a month P&I.

Yeah, I get your point. But that doesn’t change the factual nature of what I said, right?

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:

Yeah, I get your point. But that doesn’t change the factual nature of what I said, right?

Nope. Not the world we live in. But we also don’t live in the world of 8-15% mortgage rates like in the 70’s and 80’s and 90’s either.

blackfoot griz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Prop 13 limits real estate taxes to no more than 2.5 of the purchase price. So, if your neighbors bought their homes for $100,000. years ago, their tax is the same today. I am not bragging but I bought a home is Pasadena when it was buried in smog and not so chic, for 165,000 in 69, rented it when I lived out of state, and sold three years ago for over $5M...and my taxes stayed the same as the day I bought with a few additions voted on via parcel taxes. Prop 13 protects older Californians and someday it will benefit those who buy today. My taxes in South Carolina are very high. Calif has low real estate taxes compared to most states and is 23rd in all taxes....not quite what so many believe because they hear something on talk radio.

AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Nope. Not the world we live in. But we also don’t live in the world of 8-15% mortgage rates like in the 70’s and 80’s and 90’s either.

Agreed. And we definitely aren’t living in a world where a lot of people gross 2/3 of their home’s purchase price, as you’ve noted in your example. We will always have Scobey. ;)

SACCAT66 said:
garizzalies said:
Bulls on parade came out in ‘96.

Killing in the name of, in ‘91. 30 f###[#] years ago!

This gem dropped in ‘99. Notice the Trump for prez sign? 17 years before the election.

Way ahead of the times, and more applicable today than ever
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kl4wkIPiTcY

Rage was one of my favorites in highschool. Sitting in my buddies impala listening to Rage, Snoop, and 311....
That’s right! I remember you told me about that time you were in the back seat with Lisa Loeb listening to 311 and she taught you how to keister common objects like cat-eye glasses.

indian-outlaw said:
"... like most doggies I know that joined the army because the judge in town forced them to. Then spent 20 years there avoiding work because they couldn't make it in the real world. Then actually have the nerve to brag about it."

Speaking from personal experience, or just winging it? Correct me if I am wrong, any of you career military posters, but the above post is bullshit.
The judge 'in town' gave 'them' a choice, join the Army or go to jail/prison? I remember tales of 'those days.' Truth is, your 'doggie' buddies, who were given that choice, were garbage, and probably still are, or were. It was a one time opportunity to pull their heads out of their collective asses, and amount to something.
You don't enlist for 20 years. Six max, then IF you meet their criteria, you are allowed to Re-Enlist. It's an up or out world. Move along, get promoted, or get out. There are no 20 year PFCs in the Army. This 'spend 20 years avoiding work because they couldn't make in the real world' shit describes life on a Rez.

SoldierGriz said:
Ursa Major said:
Says the guy who has had subsidized food, subsidized housing and subsidized medical care his entire adult life.

Based on the CHOICE I made. BTW - my medical care is free, and my kid is going to college for free using my post 9/11 GI Bill. No one forced me to serve...I chose it.

Good choices pay off. Bad choices do not. Simple.

Awesome. It sounds like a worker’s paradise, comrade. The problem is that we don’t need a 28 million man/woman standing army.

It’s amazing how well workers thrive when they have medical care and basic needs met. If only we could learn something from this example and apply it to the broader society.

AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I mean, that's kind of the point here, is it not? You bought a home (not sure where) when your gross was 2/3 the price of the home. Practically no 27yo can do that now. It might be possible in Scobey. But, hey, good on you. That's really impressive.

In this interest rate market you don’t need to. P&I on a 450,000 loan is only about $1750 a month. LOTS of affordable housing (and way more affordable than renting, especially when you factor in the tax benefits).

How much down payment are you using in that estimate?

3-7-77 said:
indian-outlaw said:
"... like most doggies I know that joined the army because the judge in town forced them to. Then spent 20 years there avoiding work because they couldn't make it in the real world. Then actually have the nerve to brag about it."

Speaking from personal experience, or just winging it? Correct me if I am wrong, any of you career military posters, but the above post is bullshit.
The judge 'in town' gave 'them' a choice, join the Army or go to jail/prison? I remember tales of 'those days.' Truth is, your 'doggie' buddies, who were given that choice, were garbage, and probably still are, or were. It was a one time opportunity to pull their heads out of their collective asses, and amount to something.
You don't enlist for 20 years. Six max, then IF you meet their criteria, you are allowed to Re-Enlist. It's an up or out world. Move along, get promoted, or get out. There are no 20 year PFCs in the Army. This 'spend 20 years avoiding work because they couldn't make in the real world' shit describes life on a Rez.
Ok alphie, I know you didn't serve. I did..an infantryman in the Marine Corp. I also drove to Billings once a month the entire time I was in school because I was still in the reserves. I was a member of the reserve amphibious recon And yea, I know someone who went to the army because they chose it over jail. No he was not my buddy.. The up or out only applies to the officer ranks not the enlisted. You'd know that if you served. Depending on how many article 15's you've had you could indeed be a 20 year pfc. The doggie ranks are chalk full of those type of losers. Ironically their dick will fall off if you don't thank them for their service.

indian-outlaw said:
3-7-77 said:
Ok alphie, I know you didn't serve. I did..an infantryman in the Marine Corp. I also drove to Billings once a month the entire time I was in school because I was still in the reserves. I was a member of the reserve amphibious recon And yea, I know someone who went to the army because they chose it over jail. No he was not my buddy.. The up or out only applies to the officer ranks not the enlisted. You'd know that if you served. Depending on how many article 15's you've had you could indeed be a 20 year pfc. The doggie ranks are chalk full of those type of losers. Ironically their dick will fall off if you don't thank them for their service.

This is absolutely false. There are retention control points for enlisted service members.

And, I don't know a single service member who needs to be thanked for their service.

There is no bigger turd on this board than you. SMH.

Ursa Major said:
SoldierGriz said:
Based on the CHOICE I made. BTW - my medical care is free, and my kid is going to college for free using my post 9/11 GI Bill. No one forced me to serve...I chose it.

Good choices pay off. Bad choices do not. Simple.

Awesome. It sounds like a worker’s paradise, comrade. The problem is that we don’t need a 28 million man/woman standing army.

It’s amazing how well workers thrive when they have medical care and basic needs met. If only we could learn something from this example and apply it to the broader society.

Our military is but one example of the opportunities out there...there are many more.

You are an equality of outcome guy, correct?

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:

Do you think every 27 year old is entitled to do so?

CDAGRIZ said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
Bought first home at 27, the first year I made over $30K for $45K

I mean, that's kind of the point here, is it not? You bought a home (not sure where) when your gross was 2/3 the price of the home. Practically no 27yo can do that now. It might be possible in Scobey. But, hey, good on you. That's really impressive.

So waiting to buy something until it won't consume the max allowed by borrowing guidelines isn't impressive? Good on you too. You're right, I should have taken on the crushing debt of the $120K home for the status it would bring.

garizzalies said:
SACCAT66 said:
Rage was one of my favorites in highschool. Sitting in my buddies impala listening to Rage, Snoop, and 311....
That’s right! I remember you told me about that time you were in the back seat with Lisa Loeb listening to 311 and she taught you how to keister common objects like cat-eye glasses.

Nope, Made out with Lisa Loeb in College. In High School I was to short to be able to do that (Went from 5'7" to 6'1" my freshman year in college). I did end up partying with 311 in Minneapolis my sophomore year though.

SoldierGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Do you think every 27 year old is entitled to do so?

In the lead up to housing crash in the mid 80's mortgage interest rates were still buoyed by the Carter era high interest rate levels at or above 10%, depending on credit. Mine was north of 7% on a 30 year term, not the 2.125% you can find today. My salary out of college was 17,000/yr. I 'spose doubling that in 2 years by working my ass off isn't impressive to the entitlement crowd CDA is defending and wooing, but I can live with that.

Back