• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM vs. EWU on ESPN2

ilovethecats said:
Once viewers see that EWU "defense" for the first two minutes, they won't even remember the ugliness of that horrendous red field.

Not to worry, they are playing against um's qb, so weakness against weakness. Unless um starts the backup, who I hear is the most talented qb um has ever had but is oddly still on the bench. :thumb:

The.Real.2506 said:
ilovethecats said:
Once viewers see that EWU "defense" for the first two minutes, they won't even remember the ugliness of that horrendous red field.

Not to worry, they are playing against um's qb, so weakness against weakness. Unless um starts the backup, who I hear is the most talented qb um has ever had but is oddly still on the bench. :thumb:

Oooooooo.. throwing down the gauntlet of challenge! :eek:

HelenaHandBasket said:
I think people should quit bitching about what this game will look like and realize that it will look like a FCS level program and facilities. It is threads like this that make others call Griz fans arrogant asses. They want to bitch about FCS programs, but most don't want to leave FCS. You can't have it both ways.

Flame thrower.... Lot of people over here just got burnt.... đź‘Ť

The.Real.2506 said:
ilovethecats said:

UM has a very good QB on the field and a very good QB prospect backing him up. And a very good coaching staff making decisions. And you are an idiot.

kemajic said:
The.Real.2506 said:
UM has a very good QB on the field and a very good QB prospect backing him up. And a very good coaching staff making decisions. And you are an idiot.

Amen!

kemajic said:
The.Real.2506 said:

I believe that’s called going four for four.

get'em_griz said:
I don't have a problem with EWU hosting an ESPN2 production. It'll be good for the conference and FCS. Would I prefer this be in Missoula? Absolutely. Even so, It's fun to make fun of EWU any chance. EWU fans do the same to Montana. It's what makes it a great rivalry.

1002452_522928264441563_836360543_n.jpg

242290921_1997694480380485_7579788635861028900_n.png

:lol: :lol: :clap:

GRIZ/EAGLES ON ESPN2: The eyes of the college football world will once again fall on the Montana Grizzlies when UM travels to Cheney on Oct. 2 to take on Eastern Washington under the lights at Roos Field.

ESPN announced Monday that the broadcast of the game will be bumped up from ESPN U to ESPN 2, putting the Grizzlies in front of millions more fans on basic cable and satellite packages nationwide. The game now marks the first time ever a regular-season Big Sky Conference contest will be shown on the network.

With kickoff scheduled for 8:30 p.m. (MT), Montana versus Eastern Washington is set to be one of the last college football games in the nation that weekend. As of 2018, approximately 86 million television households in America – over 93-percent of households with pay TV – have ESPN 2 as part of their cable or satellite package.
Perfect storm.
May never happen again

garizzalies said:
GRIZ/EAGLES ON ESPN2: The eyes of the college football world will once again fall on the Montana Grizzlies when UM travels to Cheney on Oct. 2 to take on Eastern Washington under the lights at Roos Field.

ESPN announced Monday that the broadcast of the game will be bumped up from ESPN U to ESPN 2, putting the Grizzlies in front of millions more fans on basic cable and satellite packages nationwide. The game now marks the first time ever a regular-season Big Sky Conference contest will be shown on the network.

With kickoff scheduled for 8:30 p.m. (MT), Montana versus Eastern Washington is set to be one of the last college football games in the nation that weekend. As of 2018, approximately 86 million television households in America – over 93-percent of households with pay TV – have ESPN 2 as part of their cable or satellite package.
Perfect storm.
May never happen again
If (God forbid, my heart might not take it) it's a competitive, back-and-forth game with a fair amount of scoring, it will be a huge plus for the Big Sky. That might lead to another FCS-only matchup down the road, although not necessarily in the Big Sky.

While a tight game is what I really expect, I'm hoping the Griz D can harass the Eag's QB enough to blunt that part of their game. Then, with the Griz running back-by-committee (of "kids") and Humphrey (whose QB rating is a hefty 149.0 BTW), UM should be able to win decisively.

kemajic said:
The.Real.2506 said:

I haven't seen that many overthrows from a um qb since Roper.

The.Real.2506 said:
kemajic said:
Yet he's completed 64% of his passes and has the nice QB rating -- 149.0 -- I listed above (current NCAA stats, BTW).

With this move, looks like I'm signing up for Sling Orange. I'll keep it throughout the playoffs and cancel then.

Should cost $10 for first month and $35 per month after.

IdaGriz01 said:
garizzalies said:
Perfect storm.
May never happen again
If (God forbid, my heart might not take it) it's a competitive, back-and-forth game with a fair amount of scoring, it will be a huge plus for the Big Sky. That might lead to another FCS-only matchup down the road, although not necessarily in the Big Sky.

While a tight game is what I really expect, I'm hoping the Griz D can harass the Eag's QB enough to blunt that part of their game. Then, with the Griz running back-by-committee (of "kids") and Humphrey (whose QB rating is a hefty 149.0 BTW), UM should be able to win decisively.

While the color of the field will be distracting, it's going to be the quality of the game that will matter the most.

The.Real.2506 said:
kemajic said:

Must have been 7, cause he completed the other 20, 5 TD's. Oh, wait, one pick was an under throw, he missed Akem on a back throw in the EZ (later led to him for a TD), had two drops and a couple throw aways. So how many? Two? I can't get the games on TV and can't go to Missoula or even Plentywood because of...well whatever. And yet I can evaluate what actually happened and you've got what? Alternative facts? Pack sand.

Back