• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Staff Shortages at stadium

sdk.catfish said:
He’s obviously free to do whatever he pleases and pay however he wishes

My guess is that Jasmine Donovan, president of the company, is a woman. Such a tell from people like you who live in the past. Wan't to play poker?

Lol. I skimmed your post and focused on the numbers…not everything’s a conspiracy, bro.

You appear to be an angry, stressed out individual. You should probably smoke more weed.

And sure, I’d love to play poker, but given the stress level you seem to be experiencing from the possibility of the cost of a hamburger going up, I doubt you’ve got any money to wager anyways….

Oh, and one final thing: I COMPLETELY live in the present. As I stated earlier, in my past I lived paycheck to paycheck…no WAY do I want to live in that reality again. :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
sdk.catfish said:
So I guess you know how to run the company better than the president of the company - may I remind you a company that has been in business many years. Wow, smart guy. Better start buying up hamburger chains so you can keep underpaying your help and not have anybody to service your customers like the vendors at Washington Griz.

Well, I HAVE run several companies, so I feel somewhat qualified to opine. But thanks for your input. My wife also feels that my CEO experience doesn’t qualify me to make any decisions in the household either, so on that point you and she agree…

My point wasn’t that the salary increases were bad business. He’s obviously free to do whatever he pleases and pay however he wishes. My point was that it WILL flow to the pricing on the menu board at some point….just like higher salary costs have at McDonalds, Burger King, Wendys, Jack In the Box, etc., etc., etc. About the only one that seems impervious at this point is In N Out, so I SUPPOSE there’s a chance he doesn’t raise prices, but if I were a betting man, I’d say he does…and in the not too distant future.

Reason #1,267 why In-N-Out is the Undisputed Champion of the Fast Food Burger Chain World. They were paying HS kids $15+ per hour in like 2006. It cannot be beaten. Anyone who disagrees must love being wrong about very important things.

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
Well, I HAVE run several companies, so I feel somewhat qualified to opine. But thanks for your input. My wife also feels that my CEO experience doesn’t qualify me to make any decisions in the household either, so on that point you and she agree…

My point wasn’t that the salary increases were bad business. He’s obviously free to do whatever he pleases and pay however he wishes. My point was that it WILL flow to the pricing on the menu board at some point….just like higher salary costs have at McDonalds, Burger King, Wendys, Jack In the Box, etc., etc., etc. About the only one that seems impervious at this point is In N Out, so I SUPPOSE there’s a chance he doesn’t raise prices, but if I were a betting man, I’d say he does…and in the not too distant future.

Reason #1,267 why In-N-Out is the Undisputed Champion of the Fast Food Burger Chain World. They were paying HS kids $15+ per hour in like 2006. It cannot be beaten. Anyone who disagrees must love being wrong about very important things.

I’m with you there, homeslice. :thumb: :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Love the burgers, not the fries. I stop by Freddy's for fries...then over to in n out for the burger.

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Love the burgers, not the fries. I stop by Freddy's for fries...then over to in n out for the burger.

all three of you are high on drugs. in-n-out? have one down the street. been a couple times, and i just don't get why people think it is that good. perhaps the problem is all the great mexican places on the same street. heck, i'd take plain old alberto's tacos over in-n-out, and i'm a hamburger lover. probably make one for breakfast.

argh! said:
SoldierGriz said:

all three of you are high on drugs. in-n-out? have one down the street. been a couple times, and i just don't get why people think it is that good. perhaps the problem is all the great mexican places on the same street. heck, i'd take plain old alberto's tacos over in-n-out, and i'm a hamburger lover. probably make one for breakfast.

Thats why we’re lucky to live in America! Freedom! Freedom to choose!

AZGrizFan said:
argh! said:

Thats why we’re lucky to live in America! Freedom! Freedom to choose!

thanks for bringing us back to the subject - choices.

argh! said:
SoldierGriz said:

Can’t be bringing other food into the equation. Yeah, I’d rather go to Mastro’s or Nobu than In-N-Out, but I have respect for the game!

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

I understand people who say this. They’re definitely different. If you want a beer battered double deep fried fry, they’re not for you. They must be an acquired taste because I’d put them in my top 2 or 3 for fries. Do me a favor next time: order them extra crispy, and eat them there instead of driving home first. If that doesn’t do the trick for you, I think you have a pretty good system going to the other place for the fries.

CDAGRIZ said:
SoldierGriz said:

I understand people who say this. They’re definitely different. If you want a beer battered double deep fried fry, they’re not for you. They must be an acquired taste because I’d put them in my top 2 or 3 for fries. Do me a favor next time: order them extra crispy, and eat them there instead of driving home first. If that doesn’t do the trick for you, I think you have a pretty good system going to the other place for the fries.

Don't know if you all have ever listened to the "Shutdown Fullcast" podcast... There latest episode is pretty much just about fast food joints around the US (mainly about Midwest and South regions). The podcast is actually about FBS football, but they go off on tangents about other stuff a lot. Pretty funny, and the 3 people on it are great.

sdk.catfish said:
In an attempt to bring this back to the original topic we have this:

"With the nationwide labor shortage making it harder for restaurants to hire and retain staff, one iconic Seattle fast food chain is upping its hourly wages to entice more workers.

Dick's Drive-In President Jasmine Donovan announced Wednesday that the fast food company will bump up starting wages to $19 per hour beginning on Sept. 27. Workers will automatically move up to $20 per hour once they pass their first skills test, which usually occurs within the first 12 weeks of employment. Raises and bonuses also come with more skills training, and the top hourly pay rate for crew now stands at $21.75.

You can look this up yourself by searching for Dicks Drive in Seattle wages. And their prices are no more than we pay at any hamburger joint in Montana. So this isn't about a lost work ethic in the younger generation. This is about a lost human ethic with "entreprenueurs" wanting to take all the money for themselves and not considering the benifits to society of paying a livable wage. UM should start vetting their vendors.
I don't want to wade into the rest of the argument, but I'm hoping you can clarify what you mean here. I don't know if you have ever been to UM or Washington Griz stadium, but all of the concession stands are owned and operated by UM Campus dining, which staffs exclusively with students, including work-study students (yes this includes the Pizza Hut stand). UM Campus Dining of course is owned by UM, which means it is government owned.

So I am confused, are you saying UM needs to get the government out of the food service business and contract with corporations so employees can make a better wage and better compete for employees?

https://www.umt.edu/dining/locations/um-concessions/default.php

SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Don't know if you all have ever listened to the "Shutdown Fullcast" podcast... There latest episode is pretty much just about fast food joints around the US (mainly about Midwest and South regions). The podcast is actually about FBS football, but they go off on tangents about other stuff a lot. Pretty funny, and the 3 people on it are great.

I'm going to check this out this afternoon, thanks! Also, since we're off the rails ourselves, I think it might be time to share the detailed Lisa Loeb story with the group. As one of the few and proud who are privy to the long form version, I can only say it approaches a Charlie Murphy True Hollywood Story. And, no, I'm not joking.

CDAGRIZ said:
SoldierGriz said:

And salt them. They definitely need to be eaten very hot and fresh. Then, top notch. If not? Not so bueno….

CDAGRIZ said:
SoldierGriz said:

That might be the problem...Freddy's fries are ALWAYS crisp(er).

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:

Sadly, CDA, even In-N-Out appears to not be impervious to the impact of wage inflation…..had lunch there today, and they have raised their prices (at least here in San Antonio) by anywhere from $1.50-$2.00 for the combo’s….first price increase I believe I’ve ever seen from that chain.

Back