• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz seating for EWU

GottaluvGriz

DONOR
It looks like our allotment of tickets for the EWU game our gone as that game does not come up for sale on GRIZ TIX.
Can someone tell me what section most Griz fans are sitting in at EWU? East side or West side?
There are tickets still available on the EWU ticket site.
Go Griz!

GottaluvGriz said:
It looks like our allotment of tickets for the EWU game our gone as that game does not come up for sale on GRIZ TIX.
Can someone tell me what section most Griz fans are sitting in at EWU? East side or West side?
Go Griz!

Historically, it’s been in the bleachers in front of the Purolator Dormitory and the bleachers in the end zone nearest the entrance/ticket office. One year, they had us in temps in the other end zone. I’m not sure what their plans are for this one.

Typically, the visitors get the east bleachers and/or some of the north end zone seating. It's the part of the stadium that looks like a newly skirted trailer.

griz4life said:
Typically, the visitors get the east bleachers and/or some of the north end zone seating. It's the part of the stadium that looks like a newly skirted trailer.

Thanks everyone. I didn’t have a lot of options on sections to purchase anyway. Pretty much the only thing left is end zone tickets. I got two in section I.
Go Griz!

GottaluvGriz said:
Go Griz!

East side bleachers are for Griz… west side and north end zone will be nearly entirely EWU. Temp bleachers in south end zone (GA) will probably be a bit more Griz heavy than ewu…if you can’t get anything on east side get GA… you’ll be around more Griz fans that way

marceagfan5 said:
GottaluvGriz said:
Go Griz!

East side bleachers are for Griz… west side and north end zone will be nearly entirely EWU. Temp bleachers in south end zone (GA) will probably be a bit more Griz heavy than ewu…if you can’t get anything on east side get GA… you’ll be around more Griz fans that way
Marc I’m curious to get your thoughts on this game from an Eastern perspective.

Griz til I die said:
marceagfan5 said:

I think it will be a great game….UM will by far be the best defense eastern has faced. I think Eastern has the best offense in the FCS and EB3 is the best player in the FCS so it will be a great game. Eastern is very balanced on offense and has a great offensive line which is why they give teams fits…they will score 30 ish against the Griz…everyone thinks the Eags throw it all over the place (which they do) but DM is a great running back with top 10 stats nationally in most categories…eastern won’t be afraid to run the ball all day if the Griz drop everyone into coverage.

Eastern defense is its weakness. But….it’s better than people on this site give them credit for. They played well against SUU this weekend, and if not for a fumbled kickoff return late in the 4th they would have held unlv to 13. WIU spiraled out of control when starters began resting and they went into a prevent, it was a joke but eastern is better than that. The Griz will get their yards and points but it won’t be as easy as most think.

I think eastern wins 35-31 but honestly I could see this game getting out of control (either way) if one team jumps on the other early…it will be a great game, will be sold out, night game, nationally televised…can’t ask for much more!!

marceagfan5 said:
Griz til I die said:

I think it will be a great game….UM will by far be the best defense eastern has faced. I think Eastern has the best offense in the FCS and EB3 is the best player in the FCS so it will be a great game. Eastern is very balanced on offense and has a great offensive line which is why they give teams fits…they will score 30 ish against the Griz…everyone thinks the Eags throw it all over the place (which they do) but DM is a great running back with top 10 stats nationally in most categories…eastern won’t be afraid to run the ball all day if the Griz drop everyone into coverage.

Eastern defense is its weakness. But….it’s better than people on this site give them credit for. They played well against SUU this weekend, and if not for a fumbled kickoff return late in the 4th they would have held unlv to 13. WIU spiraled out of control when starters began resting and they went into a prevent, it was a joke but eastern is better than that. The Griz will get their yards and points but it won’t be as easy as most think.

I think eastern wins 35-31 but honestly I could see this game getting out of control (either way) if one team jumps on the other early…it will be a great game, will be sold out, night game, nationally televised…can’t ask for much more!!
Methinks marceaglefan5 is just a bit nervous. Hell, I know I am.

reinell30 said:
I got my seats in section E. I am sure mostly Eastern folks, but oh well!

Better invest in some earplugs. Last game I attended at Roose, we witnessed some ewu fans using their game programs like megaphones and yelling “jizz in the Griz”, “sheep fuckers” and “Griz are rapists” into the ears of the 60Yr old Griz fans seated in front of them. One of the offending fans was an ewu cheerleader the prior year. Nothing says class like disrespecting senior citizens.

grizfnz said:
reinell30 said:
I got my seats in section E. I am sure mostly Eastern folks, but oh well!

Better invest in some earplugs. Last game I attended at Roose, we witnessed some ewu fans using their game programs like megaphones and yelling “jizz in the Griz”, “sheep f###[#]” and “Griz are rapists” into the ears of the 60Yr old Griz fans seated in front of them. One of the offending fans was an ewu cheerleader the prior year. Nothing says class like disrespecting senior citizens.

Yeah.... I'm sure that's what happened. :roll:

But also, I'm almost 60 and don't consider myself a senior citizen. I believe 65+ is the age deemed senior citizen. FWIW

Great Day To Be An Eagle said:
grizfnz said:
Better invest in some earplugs. Last game I attended at Roose, we witnessed some ewu fans using their game programs like megaphones and yelling “jizz in the Griz”, “sheep f###[#]” and “Griz are rapists” into the ears of the 60Yr old Griz fans seated in front of them. One of the offending fans was an ewu cheerleader the prior year. Nothing says class like disrespecting senior citizens.

But also, I'm almost 60 and don't consider myself a senior citizen. I believe 65+ is the age deemed senior citizen. FWIW

So you are calling grizfnz a liar?

HelenaHandBasket said:

Yeah. I think those are multiple stories of past experiences over several years combined in to one narrative to make an exaggerated point

grizfnz said:

Well, if they weren't 65+, screw 'em. EWU fans should've stabbed them with rusty coat hangers and burned down their houses. Why not? They weren't 65+.

In seriousness, now that Steaming Fecal has stopped coming here, you Eags who post here all seem like good guys. Hell, even Chad (FormerEag) is pretty funny sometimes. But you have to admit the students and younger fans at Woodward don't exactly exude class toward Griz fans. Didn't some of them actually assault Griz players walking off the field a few years ago?

grizfnz said:

It’s exactly what happened and they were easily over 60. It took place in end zone seating (not your student section ) and the offending individuals were ewu graduates. My kids were 10 and 14 at the time and had to put up with it. The fact that you don’t take issue with that sort of fan behavior speaks volumes.

HelenaHandBasket said:

Yeah. I think those are multiple stories of past experiences over several years combined in to one narrative to make an exaggerated point

I am 61. I just had a total hip replacement. This will be my 1st adventure to Eastern. I am trying to find out from eastern fans where I can park my truck and tailgate. So far, no one has answered me on this.

CDAGRIZ said:

Well, if they weren't 65+, screw 'em. EWU fans should've stabbed them with rusty coat hangers and burned down their houses. Why not? They weren't 65+.

In seriousness, now that Steaming Fecal has stopped coming here, you Eags who post here all seem like good guys. Hell, even Chad (FormerEag) is pretty funny sometimes. But you have to admit the students and younger fans at Woodward don't exactly exude class toward Griz fans. Didn't some of them actually assault Griz players walking off the field a few years ago?

Chad here. Thanks for the kind words CDA.

In all honesty, I doubt that visiting fans are treated any differently at Roos than they would be at any non-Utah venue in college football. There may be some observer bias just due to the oft-cited issues with the stadium (ie. Limited seating that puts drunk 20 somethings among grizzz fans.)

Looking forward to this game. Should be a good one and I like our chances. I agree with what Marc said above. Our defense certainly isn’t the lockdown/force lots of three and outs type. But they are better than most folks on this website give them credit for. Our offense is on a different planet.

reinell30 said:

I am 61. I just had a total hip replacement. This will be my 1st adventure to Eastern. I am trying to find out from eastern fans where I can park my truck and tailgate. So far, no one has answered me on this.

I’m probably lying again, but the last time I attended a game at Woodward the Griz tailgate area was located down the hill in a park area across from the big red barn. It won’t be a pleasant walk given your recent hip replacement.

reinell30 said:

I’d call the EWU ticket office. They should be able to help or make any accommodations that you might need.

Back