• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pregame

dupuyer griz

DONOR
I know we covered this heavily last week, apparently they don’t read egriz. Just wanted to throw out that it was pretty lackluster. Lots of kids around me at the game, get Monty coming out of the tunnel doing fun stuff for them. You want season tickets sold in 20 years you better hook them now.

Side note, with respect to this defense we have I would very much like to see the entrance song or third down song changed to the purge siren.

It was homecoming and they did nothing. Absolutely nothing. They're begging people to get in early....then make it worth going in for. And they still can't get the timing right for the football team coming out of the tunnel. The captains were still on the field for the coin toss. Ya, ya...I know it's all about the game, but especially on homecoming I expected a little more pomp and circumstance. It's part of what used to set the Griz apart from everyone else.

This new Monte stinks. I know the old Monte who graduated in May and the kid did an outstanding job. This new Monte is very uninspiring.

I couldn’t care less about the pregame. When I’m at a game, I’m there to watch the game, and only the game, and to complain about hotdogs. I hate electric atmospheres and the pageantry of CFB. I’d prefer it if only I was in the stands and they played the game just for me to watch. It’s what I deserve, and it makes me a better fan than everyone else.

CDAGRIZ said:
I couldn’t care less about the pregame. When I’m at a game, I’m there to watch the game, and only the game, and to complain about hotdogs. I hate electric atmospheres and the pageantry of CFB. I’d prefer it if only I was in the stands and they played the game just for me to watch. It’s what I deserve, and it makes me a better fan than everyone else.

Good point. I wonder why the players don't spend the game watching fans. They should, especially on third downs and field goals.

MontanaJack2006 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Good point. I wonder why the players don't spend the game watching fans. They should, especially on third downs and field goals.

I can’t believe nobody in marketing has thought of this. This younger generation is so entitled and greedy that they think they deserve Monte’s entrance. I didn’t live through the easiest financial era in history to expect things handed to me. If any more extracurricular garbage is added, I will be forced to withdraw all support for UM. I want to watch football, and I want it played the way I think it should be played, NOW. The entitled youngsters can suck it; I deserve this.

CDAGRIZ said:

The people who complain about the pregame are the same people who complain about crappy movie previews at the theater.

alabamagrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:

The people who complain about the pregame are the same people who complain about crappy movie previews at the theater.

Nope.

Griz2k said:
And they still can't get the timing right for the football team coming out of the tunnel. The captains were still on the field for the coin toss.

This one may be tough to fix. The Big Sky changed the timing of the coin toss - they pushed it closer to kickoff. In order to get the captains back to the tunnel, they'd have to eliminate or drastically cut the hype video. They asked the players about what they wanted and they said to keep the video and the captains would just join the team as they ran out.

UMGMB said:
Griz2k said:
And they still can't get the timing right for the football team coming out of the tunnel. The captains were still on the field for the coin toss.

This one may be tough to fix. The Big Sky changed the timing of the coin toss - they pushed it closer to kickoff. In order to get the captains back to the tunnel, they'd have to eliminate or drastically cut the hype video. They asked the players about what they wanted and they said to keep the video and the captains would just join the team as they ran out.

That's interesting, thanks for the info. That part of the pregame obviously isn't a big deal, I just thought it was interesting.

Lackluster. I guess it's as descriptive as it gets. WaGriz game day used to be special. Hell, the whole day was special from opening the gates til being able to finally get to your car and drive home, after the traffic jam after the game.
Skydivers entrance to the tune of 'Free Fallin,' Monte's entrance in thee Harley, the Bands 'Up with Montana' and team entrance from the tunnel, a fly over, Monte's videos, the whole package of sights and sounds, was a Show. One year called 'The Greatest Show In Montana.' Now it's devolved into THIS?
There have been some great 'Montes' over the years, and some poor ones. One who turned his talents into Benny the Bull and made a living in Chicago, and another that dumped the Harley at mid-field comes to mind. Maybe it's just time for another nadir in the Monte legacy. I hope not.
The team assembled this year, with coaching staff to match, deserved better, as do the fans who are paying very high ticket prices for THE SHOW, not just a football game. Apparently, WaGriz gameday is being mismanaged to death.

I remember people griping because the pregame was the same all the time. Now it is different. Must be getting old. Who is in charge of the pregame? Maybe they just need a conversation or maybe there are good reasons that it is the way it is.

get'em_griz said:
I might possibly be the only one who is just happy that we HAVE A FREAKING SEASON.

Ditto

Also, spent 10 hrs on campus, mostly at tailgate. Breakfast before game and ate after game at tailgate couldn’t get enough of a perfect day. No traffic in or going out. Saw some friends and met a couple new fans.

I agree that we at least have a season! I do know we lost the long time (maybe marketing/assistant athletic director type person/position that did a really good job) responsible for the play by play goings on or every Griz Game announcement…. Probably a pretty hard job to fill right away.

It looks like there’s a few in here who don’t believe that this is a big deal. In the 8 seats directly touching mine in any direction, I would say only 3 of those are there just for football. Couple kids who wanted to see Monty. A lady who seems to enjoy the game. Like I said before, if you want to sell those tickets down the road, you have to hook those people with the show. I think this is reflected in the third quarter kickoff. Who’s there to watch the game? I always am, but I also have all the room I need to perform a special interpretive dance. We have one of the keys to selling out every week, which is a damn good team. The other aspect of that is the pageantry. I don’t think they need to reinvent the wheel here, you also shouldn’t throw the wheel out.

dupuyer griz said:
It looks like there’s a few in here who don’t believe that this is a big deal. In the 8 seats directly touching mine in any direction, I would say only 3 of those are there just for football. Couple kids who wanted to see Monty. A lady who seems to enjoy the game. Like I said before, if you want to sell those tickets down the road, you have to hook those people with the show. I think this is reflected in the third quarter kickoff. Who’s there to watch the game? I always am, but I also have all the room I need to perform a special interpretive dance. We have one of the keys to selling out every week, which is a damn good team. The other aspect of that is the pageantry. I don’t think they need to reinvent the wheel here, you also shouldn’t throw the wheel out.

Stop making sense. When real fans are there, they are there to watch football, for two quarters, and to shotgun 8 Natty Lights in the parking lot during the third quarter, and then watch some of the fourth quarter if they feel like it. It’s all about the football; not the other stuff. That’s why I watch the All 22 camera angle and tweet in-game suggestions to the coaches.

This discussion honestly reminds me of when I was about 11 or 12 watching the brawl in Bozeman. Kid in front of me was maybe 7 and there with his grandpa. Old loudmouth hardo (you know the type). Anyway, during a media timeout, the students started hitting around a giant beach ball on the piss stain side. Little kid goes, “Grandpa, look at that huge ball!” Dickhead goes, “Not now [name], we’re here to watch the game. If you want to do that stuff, I’ll take you home.” Kid was so embarrassed. Probably never went to another game.

cclarkblues said:
I remember people griping because the pregame was the same all the time. Now it is NON-EXISTENT. Must be getting old. Who is in charge of the pregame? Maybe they just need a conversation or maybe there are good reasons that it is the way it is.

FIFY :thumb:

Honestly, I enjoyed the pre-game, always appreciate some upgrades to enhance the experience, especially for kids....but people who wanted more got WAY less, and have a right to bitch. If we can't get better, at least stay with what we had until a good idea comes up to make it better.

CDAGRIZ said:
This discussion honestly reminds me of when I was about 11 or 12 watching the brawl in Bozeman. Kid in front of me was maybe 7 and there with his grandpa. Old loudmouth hardo (you know the type). Anyway, during a media timeout, the students started hitting around a giant beach ball on the piss stain side. Little kid goes, “Grandpa, look at that huge ball!” Dickhead goes, “Not now [name], we’re here to watch the game. If you want to do that stuff, I’ll take you home.” Kid was so embarrassed. Probably never went to another game.

Memorial Day is a time of memories. Now I think you have provided an answer to a question I've had for the past few years. While tending to my parents grave site, I've noticed flowers and other things left at grave sites. Then, one year there was this beach ball. Looks like 'gramps' finally died and the kid is finally getting his PTSD addressed.

Back