• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Give me one reason

HelenaHandBasket said:
WaGriz4life said:
That is the most ignorant take I’ve ever seen. You have no clue what it takes to be a good coach at any level. Guaranteed all of our players say this is on them. We’ve recruited very well. Because of injuries we have something like 20 freshman on the 2 deep. Yeah, in FCS that shouldn’t be a problem right? It’s all coaching. We should have 20 freshman who are ready to play right away in Missoula, MT at the FCS level. You’re an idiot

So you have stated that the execution of the offense is at question, yet you are also trying to tell me that their is zero that the coach can do, to attempt to remedy it? Or should he just keep pointing fingers at all those well recruited players like you?

Also, I can’t wait to see how good Kris Brown is and to remind you of how bad you were shitting on him when he was taking his first competitive snaps in over 3 years LOL. Kris Brown is going to be a great player

WaGriz4life said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
And this still falls on coaching. If they can't figure out a way to remedy this, it is on them.

If you can’t block people there is not a coaching remedy in the world to save you. I’m sure you have tons of close friends that are college coaches and that coach in the NFL. It’s all about coaching. Injuries and freshman players be dammed.

Wow, I wonder how other coaches find players that can block?

I’m so sick and tired about all these “freshmen”. Name them. Who on this 2 deep were in high school last year besides Bergen? And frankly you can skip any 2 deep on the OL because those guys aren’t going in the game. If one of our OT goes down, it will be a 2 or 3 deep Center or Guard going in. There is ZERO chance either of the #2 OT are going in the game unless we are depleted elsewhere. Both are more of Germer’s projects that probably won’t pan out. One might but the other will not.

But, I wait to hear about all these freshmen. And if you list KB, you’re an idiot. He’s 21 years old FFS.

WaGriz4life said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
So you have stated that the execution of the offense is at question, yet you are also trying to tell me that their is zero that the coach can do, to attempt to remedy it? Or should he just keep pointing fingers at all those well recruited players like you?

Also, I can’t wait to see how good Kris Brown is and to remind you of how bad you were shitting on him when he was taking his first competitive snaps in over 3 years LOL. Kris Brown is going to be a great player

You are full of shit. I never said KB couldn't be good, but right now he is struggling, the entire offense is. I would think a coach would work on ways to make things easier for him, but from all you wisdom, there is absolutely nothing that can be done.

hubcap said:
I’m so sick and tired about all these “freshmen”. Name them. Who on this 2 deep were in high school last year besides Bergen? And frankly you can skip any 2 deep on the OL because those guys aren’t going in the game. If one of our OT goes down, it will be a 2 or 3 deep Center or Guard going in. There is ZERO chance either of the #2 OT are going in the game unless we are depleted elsewhere. Both are more of Germer’s projects that probably won’t pan out. One might but the other will not.

But, I wait to hear about all these freshmen. And if you list KB, you’re an idiot. He’s 21 years old FFS.
The point about freshman is they have never played college football before much less at the D1 level, has nothing to with age. Good lord.

HelenaHandBasket said:
WaGriz4life said:

You are full of shit. I never said KB couldn't be good, but right now he is struggling, the entire offense is. I would think a coach would work on ways to make things easier for him, but from all you wisdom, there is absolutely nothing that can be done.
They are. It takes time and reps in live situations. He was 29-36. He is gun shy and won’t take shots downfield, he will get comfortable and be a great player for us. Chill out. Man…

WaGriz4life said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
They are. It takes time and reps in live situations. He was 29-36. He is gun shy and won’t take shots downfield, he will get comfortable and be a great player for us. Chill out. Man…

You seem not to realize that my criticism of the offense is in no way all about KB.

HelenaHandBasket said:
WaGriz4life said:

You seem not to realize that my criticism of the offense is in no way all about KB.
The coaches are not the ones who refuse to throw the ball downfield and challenge the defense. The Oline and injuries at RB are the reasons we can’t run the ball. We have good players and good coaches. So does Sac State. We lost by 7. Kris will get more comfortable and start making more downfield throws. Hopefully he takes a step this weekend. He definitely gives us the best chance to win and is very important to the future of our program. Trying to bury Pease and Rosy is not a hill you want to die on.

Go back and watch the game again. The receivers were hardly open and if they were, KB had 1-2 defensive players in his face. Where was he supposed to throw the ball? Rosy and Pease don’t put our receivers in any position to challenge the defense. The longer Rosy and Pease are on this staff the longer this team will feast in mediocracy. If Hauck won’t get rid of them, well, you can connect those dots. Reminds me of the last regime.

I will 100% agree with you though that the OL and injuries at RB are why we can’t run the ball. Except that we have good players on the OL. We don’t. We might have 1 player on our line that could replace a player on the Cat’s OL for instance.

WaGriz4life said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
The coaches are not the ones who refuse to throw the ball downfield and challenge the defense. The Oline and injuries at RB are the reasons we can’t run the ball. We have good players and good coaches. So does Sac State. We lost by 7. Kris will get more comfortable and start making more downfield throws. Hopefully he takes a step this weekend. He definitely gives us the best chance to win and is very important to the future of our program. Trying to bury Pease and Rosy is not a hill you want to die on.

You are right. No reason to try to make any changes. Things are working just fine. We are just lucky that everyone around KB is playing so well that he has time to get comfortable.

hubcap said:
Go back and watch the game again. The receivers were hardly open and if they were, KB had 1-2 defensive players in his face. Where was he supposed to throw the ball? Rosy and Pease don’t put our receivers in any position to challenge the defense. The longer Rosy and Pease are on this staff the longer this team will feast in mediocracy. If Hauck won’t get rid of them, well, you can connect those dots. Reminds me of the last regime.

I will 100% agree with you though that the OL and injuries at RB are why we can’t run the ball. Except that we have good players on the OL. We don’t. We might have 1 player on our line that could replace a player on the Cat’s OL for instance.

It’s the coaches fault the receivers can’t get open 😂. I’m done you guys are too much. You guys should be coaching

HelenaHandBasket said:
WaGriz4life said:

You are right. No reason to try to make any changes. Things are working just fine. We are just lucky that everyone around KB is playing so well that he has time to get comfortable.

There will definitely be changes but guys like you won’t recognize them. And everyone around him not giving him hardly a chance. You should coach.

WaGriz4life said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

There will definitely be changes but guys like you won’t recognize them. And everyone around him not giving him hardly a chance. You should coach.

I will not try to convince you of my ability to recognize them, but everyone can recognize that changes haven't worked so far. And guess what, my entire point that you have been bitching about is that the coaches need to make changes.

WaGriz4life said:
hubcap said:

It’s the coaches fault the receivers can’t get open 😂. I’m done you guys are too much. You guys should be coaching

There are things a coach can do to help receivers get open. I thought you know something about football.

HookedonGriz said:
Griz til I die said:
That’s what your going with hooked? Ok honest question, what would you have like to seen us do offensively today with what we had? Our only running back we had remaining in the second half was Bergen and we saw that KB was clearly not capable of throwing downfield, so what would you have liked them to do? I’m honestly not all that upset about the play calling because I think the offense was tailored to the guys we had and what they’re capable of doing.

Hey rainbows and butterflies, don’t ask a question if you are going to get triggered by the answer. If we don’t have a QB who can throw down field then we don’t have a QB. If we don’t have an OC who is willing to take a shot here and there (or hell I don’t know make a throw more than 10 yards) then we don’t have an OC. The offense has been as bad as I’ve seen in probably a decade and it’s an absolute trend now, not an anomaly. That’s an issue with our OC first and foremost, and his schemes and play calling. There’s a reason we are 3rd and long 90% of the time. There’s a reason we are so bad at 3rd down conversions. There’s a reason we are only averaging 29 points and 360 yards per game….360 freaking yards.. So yes, that’s my answer.
Run, run, then 3rd and long because you have no running game. Then pass when they know you have to. Throw a 4 yard pass on 3rd and 8. Most of it's on the OC and the play calling; but some on the QB who is gun shy from TOs. But soundly beaten on both sides of the LOS. The SacSt OL manhandled our D front; their QBs had all day to pass or run.

Good receivers create separation and get open. Unless our routes are totally lame. Ours may be overrated.

WaGriz4life said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
The coaches are not the ones who refuse to throw the ball downfield and challenge the defense. The Oline and injuries at RB are the reasons we can’t run the ball. We have good players and good coaches. So does Sac State. We lost by 7.
We were beaten far more soundly than the score indicated. SacSt 456 yards total offense, 30 first downs, 82 plays, 37 min TOP. UM 272 yards, 17 first downs, 65 plays, 23 min TOP. The SacSt OL is the best I’ve seen; they manhandled our D front.

When we have no running game how wise is it to frequently run the first two downs then pass on 3rd and long when they know you need to? Our offensive game plan and play calling is very suspect.

HelenaHandBasket said:
WaGriz4life said:

There are things a coach can do to help receivers get open. I thought you know something about football.
You don’t know anything about coaching football. But prove me wrong, what specifically in this game against this scheme (you have no clue what the scheme is) would you have coached our receivers to “get open”

*we had open receivers and our QB didn’t get them the ball. (This is not coaching)

kemajic said:
WaGriz4life said:
The coaches are not the ones who refuse to throw the ball downfield and challenge the defense. The Oline and injuries at RB are the reasons we can’t run the ball. We have good players and good coaches. So does Sac State. We lost by 7.
We were beaten far more soundly than the score indicated. SacSt 456 yards total offense, 30 first downs, 82 plays, 37 min TOP. UM 272 yards, 17 first downs, 65 plays, 23 min TOP. The SacSt OL is the best I’ve seen; they manhandled our D front.

When we have no running game how wise is it to frequently run the first two downs then pass on 3rd and long when they know you need to? Our offensive game plan and play calling is very suspect.

I agree we got our asses kicked on both sides of the ball. No matter what scheme you have it comes down to blocking and tackling. Our players did a horrible job in both categories.

WaGriz4L, you know I love your posts, but I’m starting to wonder why coaching changes are ever made in CFB if it’s all on the players. I know, I know, I don’t know anything about football. But, we have to agree that at least some blame falls on the staff, right?

Back