• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lacking Fans/Poor Pre-Game

markson161 said:
futuregrizer said:
I can see from your post you have drinking copious amounts of kool-aid. Open your mind and turn off CNN, NBC and others and read some independent news sources, you'll be enlightened.
By the way it was NBC news misinformation that started the "Let's go Brandon" meme.

It’s a college football game. If you can’t leave that crap at home for 4 hours, maybe you should consider never leaving the trailer park.

For me it was bobby praising "punchy' the gov on a presser , well if he can do it.

Grisette said:
As far as the skydiving.... I was there the day the poor guy landed in the parking lot and broke himself. That same time we were in the North End Zone and were seriously thinking another guy was going to land on top of us. I was told that the stadium changes, the added sections, made the air currents more tricky and the target more difficult. That part, I think, is just safety.
And the light towers to navigate.

kemajic said:
Grisette said:
As far as the skydiving.... I was there the day the poor guy landed in the parking lot and broke himself. That same time we were in the North End Zone and were seriously thinking another guy was going to land on top of us. I was told that the stadium changes, the added sections, made the air currents more tricky and the target more difficult. That part, I think, is just safety.

He never landed in the parking lot. he hit the grass right out side the fence almost landing on a little girl..

With all of the musical talent in this town/state, is there some good reason we can't have a real human being sing the National Anthem at the beginning of the game? Why was it decided to have the band do it? A great rendition of The Anthem can get people fired up.

:lol:
kemajic said:
Grisette said:

Most of you have memories shorter than your.....
Oh, well, and accident of birth. speaking of which Kapperneck started this mixing of football and politics when that fuzz headed POS took a knee during the national anthem at some 49ers game. When the NFL didn't immediately crush this it opened the door for everything that followed. The Greeks had enough sense to pause their internal wars ;long enough to hold the Olympics. As for the gameday experience, only those who have been going to the games for the last 20 years or so would be able to tell us when the slide began. It was good up to Bobby 1.0. Don't know the whys or therefores but Bobby 2.0 is bringing it back. Been many years inbetween and a lot of stupidity by Administrations, so it may take a lot of re-doing.

Grisette said:
retiredpopo said:
He never landed in the parking lot. he hit the grass right out side the fence almost landing on a little girl..

Yeah, you are right. Rumors were swirling. But it was bad.

I thought he ended up in the tree...

montanaguy said:
With all of the musical talent in this town/state, is there some good reason we can't have a real human being sing the National Anthem at the beginning of the game? Why was it decided to have the band do it? A great rendition of The Anthem can get people fired up.

:thumb:

3-7-77 said:
Most of you have memories shorter than your.....
Oh, well, and accident of birth. speaking of which Kapperneck started this mixing of football and politics when that fuzz headed POS took a knee during the national anthem at some 49ers game. When the NFL didn't immediately crush this it opened the door for everything that followed. The Greeks had enough sense to pause their internal wars ;long enough to hold the Olympics. As for the gameday experience, only those who have been going to the games for the last 20 years or so would be able to tell us when the slide began. It was good up to Bobby 1.0. Don't know the whys or therefores but Bobby 2.0 is bringing it back. Been many years inbetween and a lot of stupidity by Administrations, so it may take a lot of re-doing.

:clap: :thumb:

Political stuff aside. I suspect the real issue is something entirely different. At the last game which was our first this year due to some health issues. it was a mini-homecoming. I realized we have sat in the same sport with essentially the same people for 30 years now. The pregame withe the exception of the skydivers has changed little. The hype songs the same, "First Down" - "Montana" the same. Even the comments from those sitting around us were the same almost predictable. and on cue. In short us old season ticket holders are old and what has happened 200 times is old. I have trouble believing its different anywhere else in the stadium. We have an aging fan base and little new . Even the NEZ is old. Does anyone remember the old Boom Crew that got the NEZ going in the first place (Heck I even saw some old Boom Crew Tee shirts being sported.) The old guys are complacent, griping about Poor Pre-game etc but GAWD FORBID anything changes, from an offense to defensive screens to "Cotton Eyed Joe" Tradition is fine but.......

smarsh said:
Buttegrizzle said:
I’m on board. There is no upside to being left behind. The only hesitation is where to go. Even Dixie State and SUU are going FBS and nobody (and I mean nobody) wants to be in a shitass WAC conference with them. This is an old topic, I know, but the best way forward Might be to move the whole BSC to FBS, of course replacing some of our deadwood (I’m talking to you Tiny Pants) along the way.

to my knowledge the new WAC is FCS and i haven't heard any plans for that to change....

The schools collectively announced a study. So there's an effort. Add the wrong cough medicine (or it might have been near-fever conditions), and you have me posting that WAC already went FBS on another thread. Sigh.

Thing is, if such a study is honest, one school is ready and the rest are kidding themselves... and SUU would be REALLY be practicing various lost arts of delusion to be part of this.

But stranger things have happened, and I'm not in position to speculate on whether some of the Texas schools involved could get any sort of TV contract that could get more than 50% of the average G5 conference contract. I doubt it. Stranger things (hi Moscow) have happened.

tnt said:
Political stuff aside. I suspect the real issue is something entirely different. At the last game which was our first this year due to some health issues. it was a mini-homecoming. I realized we have sat in the same sport with essentially the same people for 30 years now. The pregame withe the exception of the skydivers has changed little. The hype songs the same, "First Down" - "Montana" the same. Even the comments from those sitting around us were the same almost predictable. and on cue. In short us old season ticket holders are old and what has happened 200 times is old. I have trouble believing its different anywhere else in the stadium. We have an aging fan base and little new . Even the NEZ is old. Does anyone remember the old Boom Crew that got the NEZ going in the first place (Heck I even saw some old Boom Crew Tee shirts being sported.) The old guys are complacent, griping about Poor Pre-game etc but GAWD FORBID anything changes, from an offense to defensive screens to "Cotton Eyed Joe" Tradition is fine but.......

My understanding is that was the first time they'd played Cotton Eyed Joe all year....

Does this mean we aren't friends anymore?
You know, Everett, if I thought you weren’t my friend, I just don’t think I could bear it.

3-7-77 said:
You know, Everett, if I thought you weren’t my friend, I just don’t think I could bear it.

It’s pretty simple Tourist, there’s a place on the forum to post about politics. Many come here to get away from political BS.

Ursa Major said:
3-7-77 said:

It’s pretty simple Tourist, there’s a place on the forum to post about politics. Many come here to get away from political BS.

Tourist? I thought he was me? Make up your psychosis

Back