• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Just Couldn't Resist

hunt-ducks said:
AZGrizFan said:
Please show me what you're pointing to to determine that Brown is a better QB than Cam. What statistic? Fumbles? Yards per attempt? Sacks taken? TD/INT ratio? Offensive yards generated per game? Time of possession? Points off turnovers? Please, oh wise one, what offensive stat that has occurred this season has you SO certain that Brown is a better QB than Cam?

Hint: There ain't one. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: And THAT'S why Cam was starting over Brown, despite your self-proclaimed scouting prowess.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! Go play in the traffic. Maybe we won't have to endure your 27 posts per day.

Translation: You have no answer. As usual. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Just more bloviation.

AZGrizFan said:

You really do struggle with this technology stuff, don't you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Upside" doesn't win football games. As was proven this weekend.

No, I struggle with posters who have an agenda, and try desperately to further that agenda, even when it is clear to many others that this poster doesn't know sh*t about the topic........ I'm done with this topic.

hunt-ducks said:
AZGrizFan said:
You really do struggle with this technology stuff, don't you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Upside" doesn't win football games. As was proven this weekend.

No, I struggle with posters who have an agenda, and try desperately to further that agenda, even when it is clear to many others that this poster doesn't know sh*t about the topic........ I'm done with this topic.

You STARTED this topic. I have no agenda, other than pointing out people like yourself for others to see. You continuously fail to answer ANY legitimate question that's put forth to you....your answer is always the same: take your ball and go home. if you were a) willing to admit you were wrong about Brown or b) able to point to objectively WHY you see him as the better option, I'd back off. But you either can't or won't do either. Instead you insult, you sling personal attacks, and you take your ball and leave.

See ya!

AZGrizFan said:
hunt-ducks said:

You STARTED this topic. I have no agenda, other than pointing out people like yourself for others to see. You continuously fail to answer ANY legitimate question that's put forth to you....your answer is always the same: take your ball and go home. if you were a) willing to admit you were wrong about Brown or b) able to point to objectively WHY you see him as the better option, I'd back off. But you either can't or won't do either. Instead you insult, you sling personal attacks, and you take your ball and leave.

See ya!

Buh Bye! Trouble is, you are like a sticky booger, and will never go away. Get some help.

hunt-ducks said:
AZGrizFan said:

See ya!

Buh Bye! Trouble is, you are like a sticky booger, and will never go away. Get some help.

More name calling. How mature.

It's a simple question, that you refuse to answer. And as I said above, it's because there IS no answer and you just can't/won't admit it.

This place is definitely better in your absence. Go away again, so adults can talk football.

hunt-ducks said:
I read the expert analysis from the regular pretenders about why our Griz are not performing as expected, and just had to bloviate my thoughts on the issue.

The LOS- We were being owned on both the defensive and offensive LOS by both EWU and Sac. State. Anyone who knows sh*t about football understands that games are won by winning the LOS. We lost both games in that area.

Please STOP chirping about how big our O-line is! Size means NOTHING if the lineman has poor footwork, and poor quickness. Any 240 lb. defender can easily school a 320 lb. O-lineman if that lineman lacks those two qualities. And, our O-linemen are slow, with slow feet, and lack any quickness. Do you ever wonder why we never run sweeps, or counter plays, or anything other than zone blocking??? It is because our O-linemen can not MOVE!

Our defensive line is unable to put any pressure on the QB, without blitzing a LB. We have not had the ability to pressure a QB by our D-line in many years, through the Hauck, Stitt, and Delaney regimes.

Our offense- Frankly, our offense looks like a high school offense. No imagination, no trick plays, no creativity of running plays, extremely easy-to-defend passing game.

If you watched the EWU offense, even though we were blitzing on nearly every play, Barierre was able to quickly deliver a pass to an open WR. Yes, we sacked him a few times, but he was still able to torch us for 400 yards of passing offense. Why? Because the EWU coaches know how to coach their O-linemen and running backs to pick-up the blitz. Montana's RBs are terrible blockers (maybe because they are young???).

Both EWU and Cal Poly were able to hit us with quick slant patterns and quick out-patterns, taking about 1 1/2 seconds to make the pass. Our offense never utilizes quick slants, tight-end drags, or regular screen passing plays. WHY??? Every time KB attempted a pass play, it was a slow-developing play which took 3-4 seconds to deliver the pass. Our O-line never gave Kris a pocket to step-up into. He had defenders in his face from virtually moments after he took the snap. Bottom line..... our O-line SUCKS at pass blocking and our RBs are useless in picking-up blitzers!

Kris Brown- The QB position is comprised of several qualities. Kris is excellent in arm strength, and accuracy. As of now, he in NOT good at reading defenses, and often throws into coverage. Kris is also NOT good at looking off his primary receiver to find the open player. Can he achieve that skill? Possibly, with experience. To me, the book is still out on Kris. He is strong in the two most critical areas, arm strength and accuracy. The other skills are teachable. But, do we have a coach with the skills to teach him???

Cam Humphrey would have fared no better against Sac. State. There was zero time to throw, zero running game, and a very poor passing tree because of the ineptness of our offense. A QB has to get some help to excel, and neither Cam, nor Brown is getting any help.

WRs getting open- There is nothing wrong with the speed of our WRs. I do think that their route-running is average at best. However, unlike the EWU WR tree and offense, our offense is not designed to clear areas in the zone by running WRs through areas, thus vacating that area for a secondary receiver. Do you wonder why EWU always seems to have open WRs??? It is partly because they run a very sophisticated NFL-type passing tree, which is designed to clear areas within the defensive secondary for open receivers. We don't do that.

The 3-3-5 Defense- So many of you supported this ridiculous gimmick defense that we run, saying that "it is designed to stop all of the Big Sky spread offenses". Well, how's that workin' out??? EWU sliced-and-diced our vaunted 3-3-5 defense. There is a reason that the top teams in FBS, FCS, and the NFL run either a 3-4 or 3-4 defense. Until we recruit kids who can DICTATE to any opposing offense, like NDSU and SDSU do, then we will always be pretenders among the elite FCS defensive teams. The Bobcats defense is much better than ours. I hear they run a 4-3 base, with some 3-4 thrown in at times.

Recruiting- During Hauck's first tenure here, he was able to get 90% of the top Montana high school players. Now, the Cats are getting 50-60% of the top kids from Montana. Making it worse, is that Hauck and his coaches are doing a poor job of recruiting out-of-state kids, as compared to the Bobcats and EWU. If our out-of-state recruiting doesn't improve, don't expect any big improvement in our quest to Return To Dominance. We have not been an elite Big Sky team for 10 years, and memories of our 20-year dominant run are quickly fading fast. Reality is a hard pill to swallow. But the reality is that Weber, EWU, and even MSU are ahead of us in the dominance game.

Now go ahead, fire away. I'll pop the popcorn.

I’m not going to fight you on too much of this because it seems you’re content on the notion that the sky is falling. With that being said, the notion that the defense is bad from a scheme and talent standpoint is dumb as shit. EWU is putting up insane numbers on even FBS teams. I don’t know if you know this, but they are good on offense. Griz gave up 28 points despite playing 97 plays on defense, a very very high number.

SDSU, Miss St, and Syracuse all have damn good defenses, SDSU especially. And the other two are good relative to their teams. They run the same scheme as the Griz.

In the last real season, the Griz went to the second round of the playoffs, despite one of the toughest schedules in the nation. That same year they beat EWU and Weber.

Convenient of you not to address the unfortunate string of injuries as well. Is there things that can get better? Absolutely. I expect the griz to get better in a hurry, as do they, but you make some really stupid points in your quest to hate the team you claim to be a fan of.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Could KB be the better QB, sure. Is KB the better QB, no.

Yes.
You know how I know "more upside" doesn't equal "better than"? Because if it did, people would just say "better than".

CDAGRIZ said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Yes.
You know how I know "more upside" doesn't equal "better than"? Because if it did, people would just say "better than".

Yep. Upside doesn't win football games.

Spanky2 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Why can KB be the better QB? When can he be better? Next year? Two years?

Questions that shall remain unanswered as long as Ducks refuses to give his logic/proof. :lol: :lol:

Missoula223 said:
hunt-ducks said:
I read the expert analysis from the regular pretenders about why our Griz are not performing as expected, and just had to bloviate my thoughts on the issue.

The LOS- We were being owned on both the defensive and offensive LOS by both EWU and Sac. State. Anyone who knows sh*t about football understands that games are won by winning the LOS. We lost both games in that area.

Please STOP chirping about how big our O-line is! Size means NOTHING if the lineman has poor footwork, and poor quickness. Any 240 lb. defender can easily school a 320 lb. O-lineman if that lineman lacks those two qualities. And, our O-linemen are slow, with slow feet, and lack any quickness. Do you ever wonder why we never run sweeps, or counter plays, or anything other than zone blocking??? It is because our O-linemen can not MOVE!

Our defensive line is unable to put any pressure on the QB, without blitzing a LB. We have not had the ability to pressure a QB by our D-line in many years, through the Hauck, Stitt, and Delaney regimes.

Our offense- Frankly, our offense looks like a high school offense. No imagination, no trick plays, no creativity of running plays, extremely easy-to-defend passing game.

If you watched the EWU offense, even though we were blitzing on nearly every play, Barierre was able to quickly deliver a pass to an open WR. Yes, we sacked him a few times, but he was still able to torch us for 400 yards of passing offense. Why? Because the EWU coaches know how to coach their O-linemen and running backs to pick-up the blitz. Montana's RBs are terrible blockers (maybe because they are young???).

Both EWU and Cal Poly were able to hit us with quick slant patterns and quick out-patterns, taking about 1 1/2 seconds to make the pass. Our offense never utilizes quick slants, tight-end drags, or regular screen passing plays. WHY??? Every time KB attempted a pass play, it was a slow-developing play which took 3-4 seconds to deliver the pass. Our O-line never gave Kris a pocket to step-up into. He had defenders in his face from virtually moments after he took the snap. Bottom line..... our O-line SUCKS at pass blocking and our RBs are useless in picking-up blitzers!

Kris Brown- The QB position is comprised of several qualities. Kris is excellent in arm strength, and accuracy. As of now, he in NOT good at reading defenses, and often throws into coverage. Kris is also NOT good at looking off his primary receiver to find the open player. Can he achieve that skill? Possibly, with experience. To me, the book is still out on Kris. He is strong in the two most critical areas, arm strength and accuracy. The other skills are teachable. But, do we have a coach with the skills to teach him???

Cam Humphrey would have fared no better against Sac. State. There was zero time to throw, zero running game, and a very poor passing tree because of the ineptness of our offense. A QB has to get some help to excel, and neither Cam, nor Brown is getting any help.

WRs getting open- There is nothing wrong with the speed of our WRs. I do think that their route-running is average at best. However, unlike the EWU WR tree and offense, our offense is not designed to clear areas in the zone by running WRs through areas, thus vacating that area for a secondary receiver. Do you wonder why EWU always seems to have open WRs??? It is partly because they run a very sophisticated NFL-type passing tree, which is designed to clear areas within the defensive secondary for open receivers. We don't do that.

The 3-3-5 Defense- So many of you supported this ridiculous gimmick defense that we run, saying that "it is designed to stop all of the Big Sky spread offenses". Well, how's that workin' out??? EWU sliced-and-diced our vaunted 3-3-5 defense. There is a reason that the top teams in FBS, FCS, and the NFL run either a 3-4 or 3-4 defense. Until we recruit kids who can DICTATE to any opposing offense, like NDSU and SDSU do, then we will always be pretenders among the elite FCS defensive teams. The Bobcats defense is much better than ours. I hear they run a 4-3 base, with some 3-4 thrown in at times.

Recruiting- During Hauck's first tenure here, he was able to get 90% of the top Montana high school players. Now, the Cats are getting 50-60% of the top kids from Montana. Making it worse, is that Hauck and his coaches are doing a poor job of recruiting out-of-state kids, as compared to the Bobcats and EWU. If our out-of-state recruiting doesn't improve, don't expect any big improvement in our quest to Return To Dominance. We have not been an elite Big Sky team for 10 years, and memories of our 20-year dominant run are quickly fading fast. Reality is a hard pill to swallow. But the reality is that Weber, EWU, and even MSU are ahead of us in the dominance game.

Now go ahead, fire away. I'll pop the popcorn.

I’m not going to fight you on too much of this because it seems you’re content on the notion that the sky is falling. With that being said, the notion that the defense is bad from a scheme and talent standpoint is dumb as shit. EWU is putting up insane numbers on even FBS teams. I don’t know if you know this, but they are good on offense. Griz gave up 28 points despite playing 97 plays on defense, a very very high number.

SDSU, Miss St, and Syracuse all have damn good defenses, SDSU especially. And the other two are good relative to their teams. They run the same scheme as the Griz.

In the last real season, the Griz went to the second round of the playoffs, despite one of the toughest schedules in the nation. That same year they beat EWU and Weber.

Convenient of you not to address the unfortunate string of injuries as well. Is there things that can get better? Absolutely. I expect the griz to get better in a hurry, as do they, but you make some really stupid points in your quest to hate the team you claim to be a fan of.

Nice try, but no cigar. Mississippi runs a 4-3 base defense.

"The one word that can describe Mississippi State’s defense is, well, depth, especially upfront and at linebacker. But the secondary remains suspect. That said, this defense is more than formidable and can be counted on.

There is no argument against the Bulldogs’ FRONT FOUR (4-3 defense) Ends Montez Sweat and Gerri Green, each put forth a quick first step with ability to set the edge and quickly close the gap. And how can we forget about likely NFL prospect Jeffery Simmons? Though unable to keep his composure at times, Simmons has shown an ability to push the pocket and show up when called upon."

So, Syracuse has a great defense? Gee, and they rank only 57th in the nation, behind such powers as Miami-Ohio and Rutgers, Southern Methodist, and Marshall. Who knew?

Let me get this straight........ we should emulate the defenses of Syracuse instead of Alabama, North Dakota State, South Dakota State, and Georgia? Is that what you're saying? If so, you have exactly ZERO credibility with this poster.

Oh, and I don't hate my team...... I'm just not a homer like some are. I call a spade-a-spade. The coaching staff are not above criticism with me. The players are not above criticism with me. I also frequent FBS boards like Ohio State, where fans don't worry about being called a "bad fan" when they post.

hunt-ducks said:
Missoula223 said:

"The one word that can describe Mississippi State’s defense is, well, depth, especially upfront and at linebacker. But the secondary remains suspect. That said, this defense is more than formidable and can be counted on.

There is no argument against the Bulldogs’ front four. Ends Montez Sweat and Gerri Green, each put forth a quick first step with ability to set the edge and quickly close the gap. And how can we forget about likely NFL prospect Jeffery Simmons? Though unable to keep his composure at times, Simmons has shown an ability to push the pocket and show up when called upon."

So, Syracuse has a great defense? Gee, and they rank only 57th in the nation, behind such powers as Miami-Ohio and Rutgers, Southern Methodist, and Marshall. Who knew?

Let me get this straight........ we should emulate the defenses of Syracuse instead of Alabama, North Dakota State, South Dakota State, and Georgia? Is that what you're saying? If so, you have exactly ZERO credibility with this poster.

Oh, and I don't hate my team...... I'm just not a homer like some are. I call a spade-a-spade. The coaching staff are not above criticism with me. The players are not above criticism with me. I also frequent FBS boards like Ohio State, where fans don't worry about being called a "bad fan" when they post.

My dad used to tell me nobody likes a quitter, especially one that doesn't keep his word.

I haven’t been able to keep up lately, but I thought hunt-dicks got band?
I swear like just last week his alt-ego came on here to post PMs from himself or something. Did I dream that (very possible)? Or was it only a “time out” and not a full-on band?
Remember how Days of Our Lives would do a little recap at the top of the hour? You could miss months but immediately get caught up on all the dirty crap Stefano had been up to. Mods, can we please get a sticky at the top of the board to track H-D’s identity status/crisis?

grizfnz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
I will give a few reasons for this trend. 1. The failure in the program since Hauck left until he returned. Those other schools made huge strides while the Griz program faltered and it is silly to think that 3 years of Hauck can completely flip that trend. 2. Academics, at least when compared to MSU. Most Montana kids are good students and are looking for STEM based majors. 3. EWU and Weber have made solid progress in recruiting there own states and then winning makes it easier to reach out to Cali and Az. It takes time and victories to reverse trends like that.
With regards to STEM, the only piece Montana doesn’t offer is engineering and it looks like there are 18 players on the cat roster with engineering listed the field of study…..including 2 listed under “financial engineering”.

Cat fans love to tout STEM and bash Montana for its liberal arts, meanwhile Troy Andersen and a couple others on the roster are pursuing liberal studies degrees.
I think Troy Andersen is studying Ag Business.
I don't know why Montana can't step up and offer engineering. They are the only school in the BSC that doesn't offer a degree in that.

garizzalies said:
I swear like just last week his alt-ego came on here to post PMs from himself or something. Did I dream that (very possible)? Or was it only a “time out” and not a full-on band?
Remember how Days of Our Lives would do a little recap at the top of the hour? You could miss months but immediately get caught up on all the dirty crap Stefano had been up to. Mods, can we please get a sticky at the top of the board to track H-D’s identity status/crisis?

Nice to know I live in your head, rent-free. And, I was supposedly banned for a month for "personal attacks". So, your referring to me as "hunt-dicks" is not a personal attack??? The hypocrisy of the mods is front-and-center. Let's see if they have the gonads to ban you for a personal attack.

I have no other screen names posting. Tell you what....... if the mods can prove that I have posted in the past six months under any screen name other than hunt-ducks, I'll buy drinks for you at the Mo Club. If they acknowledge that I have NOT posted under any other screen name, you will self-ban for a month. Do we have a deal, or are you too much a puss to back up your words?

garizzalies said:

I wonder if Patch is still a little bitch?

horribilisfan8184 said:
hunt-ducks said:

There is no argument against the Bulldogs’ front four. Ends Montez Sweat and Gerri Green, each put forth a quick first step with ability to set the edge and quickly close the gap. And how can we forget about likely NFL prospect Jeffery Simmons? Though unable to keep his composure at times, Simmons has shown an ability to push the pocket and show up when called upon."

My dad used to tell me nobody likes a quitter, especially one that doesn't keep his word.

So quit. We won't miss you

Back