• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Just Couldn't Resist

I don’t really want to go down the Freudian route of “The Ego and the Id”, but the essay certainly explains a lot that could be extrapolated to this conversation.

Jodcon, if BAND and ID are the go to’s now for egriz lingo I vote we just add them up to create the compound adjective BAND-A-ID to be used every time we try and patch up one of these lengthy back and forth topic threads.

CDAGRIZ said:
hunt-ducks said:
Hey dip stick, I copied-and-pasted that article to prove that MSU ran a 4-3 base defense until they idiot Leach got there to bring-in his ridiculous defense, which no other SEC or Big Ten team uses. Keep trying to mess with me. you get a "A" for effort, but an "F" for content. Might wanna try again to explain why Syracuse has a "great defense", while they rank so low among national defenses. While you're at it, why not explain why only a handful of teams in either FBS or FCS run your vaunted 3-3-5? We're all ears. This should be good! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! Oh, room temperature is 72 degrees. Get it?

Perfectly wrong. Not at all what happened.

:lol:

I honestly don't know how I feel about this. My first thought was one of almost fear. That a person can be so comfortable lying about anything and everything in hopes of feeling superior on an anonymous message board. Knowing these people are amongst us, passing us on sidewalks, interacting in our communities, and possibly even having kids to continue the bizarre behavior is a scary thought.

However, after some more thought, I came away almost jealous. :shock: Steve says almost daily that we are all jealous of him. In this case he might be right. My life would be so much easier if I had zero self awareness. It would be easier if I could lie about any topic without a twinge of guilt. How awesome would it be to live a life where you can be proven wrong about something, or in this case proven that you plagiarized, and despite the proof, despite that every single member of this board could see that proof right before their eyes, you simply say, "Nope, that's not what happened. You're dumb, I'm smart". Throw in a couple more lies and go on with your day.

It seems cringe-worthy. And this way of life is only for a tiny fraction of people. But I almost have to give props to an actual human being who's content living a life of self-bravado, imaginary friends and accomplishments, zero self-awareness and one where you'd be just as comfortable lying about a football team as you would be lying about robbing a bank. Not in a million years could I live this way, so I'll give respect where it's due. :clap:

ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Perfectly wrong. Not at all what happened.

I honestly don't know how I feel about this. My first thought was one of almost fear. That a person can be so comfortable lying about anything and everything in hopes of feeling superior on an anonymous message board. Knowing these people are amongst us, passing us on sidewalks, interacting in our communities, and possibly even having kids to continue the bizarre behavior is a scary thought.

However, after some more thought, I came away almost jealous. :shock: Steve says almost daily that we are all jealous of him. In this case he might be right. My life would be so much easier if I had zero self awareness. It would be easier if I could lie about any topic without a twinge of guilt. How awesome would it be to live a life where you can be proven wrong about something, or in this case proven that you plagiarized, and despite the proof, despite that every single member of this board could see that proof right before their eyes, you simply say, "Nope, that's not what happened. You're dumb, I'm smart". Throw in a couple more lies and go on with your day.

It seems cringe-worthy. And this way of life is only for a tiny fraction of people. But I almost have to give props to an actual human being who's content living a life of self-bravado, imaginary friends and accomplishments, zero self-awareness and one where you'd be just as comfortable lying about a football team as you would be lying about robbing a bank. Not in a million years could I live this way, so I'll give respect where it's due. :clap:

You are living proof that Cat fans actually did fornicate with buffalo

hunt-ducks said:
ilovethecats said:

You are living proof that Cat fans actually did fornicate with buffalo
See now you're doing better. I KNOW that little gem wasn't plagiarized because no one else on the planet talks that way in 2021. Just be careful when you decide to plagiarize again and it's painfully obvious based on the content, that you go ahead and give credit where it is due instead of passing it on like it was your own thoughts. Because as I'm sure even YOU can see; it's really easy for the rest of us to differentiate the words of hunt-ducks and the words from people; eh......NOT hunt-ducks. :lol:

I've been doing some painting.

OIP.fY6q60s3a1yj0EosfaVB4AHaKK

AZGrizFan said:
poorgriz said:
Jesus ILTC is owning the shi* out of HD and it's frickin hilarious.

this has become one of the greatest threads in recent memory, for sure. :lol: :lol:

God, you have sunken to a new low. Are you this freakin' insecure that you have to find support from these keyboard jockeys who know nothing about football? They are so lame that they have to find solace from some pin headed Cat fan who has been removed from that Cat board. And you jump on board, because you have no game. You now have zero credibility from anyone who talks football on this site. Even a mod agrees with that. You make a fool of yourself slamming our frosh QB, just to be "right" about your hero, Humphrey, who is the worst starting QB the Griz have had since McKinney. Desperate. Pathetic.

hunt-ducks said:
AZGrizFan said:
this has become one of the greatest threads in recent memory, for sure. :lol: :lol:

God, you have sunken to a new low. Are this freakin' insecure that you have to find support from these keyboard jockeys who know nothing about football? You now have zero credibility from anyone who talks football on this site. Even a mod agrees. You make a fool of yourself slamming our frosh QB, just to be "right" about your hero, Humphrey, who is the worst starting QB the Griz have had since McKinney. Desperate. Pathetic.

Actually, I believe Brown is well on his way to being the worst. He's already lost the same # of games Humphrey has.

And I'm not sure how I'll sleep tonight knowing you don't think I have any credibility. That coming from the resident board plagiarizer is priceless in and of itself. My "ID" got lowered a few points just reading your post.

hunt-ducks said:
AZGrizFan said:

God, you have sunken to a new low. Are this freakin' insecure that you have to find support from these keyboard jockeys who know nothing about football? You now have zero credibility from anyone who talks football on this site. Even a mod agrees. You make a fool of yourself slamming our frosh QB, just to be "right" about your hero, Humphrey, who is the worst starting QB the Griz have had since McKinney. Desperate. Pathetic.

Who is writing this? I don't see a disclaimer saying these are the writings of hunt-ducks.

It's all very confusing.

AZGrizFan said:
hunt-ducks said:

Actually, I believe Brown is well on his way to being the worst. He's already lost the same # of games Humphrey has.

And I'm not sure how I'll sleep tonight knowing you don't think I have any credibility. That coming from the resident board plagiarizer is priceless in and of itself. My "ID" got lowered a few points just reading your post.

Spoken like a true University of Idaho loser. Their football team is a loser. Their head coach is a loser. And their alums are losers too. Let's all ask a Vandal alum to educate us on the game of football, cause they learn it all in college from their stellar football program.......

hunt-ducks said:
AZGrizFan said:

God, you have sunken to a new low. Are you this freakin' insecure that you have to find support from these keyboard jockeys who know nothing about football? They are so lame that they have to find solace from some pin headed Cat fan who has been removed from that Cat board. And you jump on board, because you have no game. You now have zero credibility from anyone who talks football on this site. Even a mod agrees with that. You make a fool of yourself slamming our frosh QB, just to be "right" about your hero, Humphrey, who is the worst starting QB the Griz have had since McKinney. Desperate. Pathetic.

I don't believe AZ went looking for support, it just kind of happened because of a common moron.

HelenaHandBasket said:
hunt-ducks said:

I don't believe AZ went looking for support, it just kind of happened because of a common moron.

You mean you?

AZGrizFan said:
poorgriz said:
Jesus ILTC is owning the shi* out of HD and it's frickin hilarious.

I mean seriously... it is pretty entertaining and a good way to pass some time and burn nervous energy until gametime Saturday. Isn't this the guy that got scared shi*less and ran out the back door of the MO club when we was supposed to wrassle PR? :lol: :lol: :lol:

hunt-ducks said:
They are so lame that they have to find solace from some pin headed Cat fan who has been removed from that Cat board.

Probably against my better judgement to jump down this rabbit hole as you have been known to just say stuff, no rhyme, no reason, often times not true, with no regard to the poor people trying to decipher whatever it is you're implying.......

Who is the pinhead Cat fan and what Cat board was he removed from? Sounds interesting?

Also, did you write what I quoted above? I couldn't help but noticed you didn't clarify by saying you wrote it. And all of us really smart people know, it's not plagiarism unless you state after the fact, "I WROTE THIS!!". Which is weird isn't it? I have read about many people being accused of plagiarism. And not ONCE were they accused of plagiarism only because they said, "I WROTE THIS" after writing something else that someone already wrote.

I feel bad for all those people who simply copied other peoples work, never said that they wrote it, passed it along as their own thoughts, and STILL got accused of plagiarism despite never saying, "I WROTE THIS!!"

Because you're a MENSA member, super smart, and a higher ID than I can even fathom, would you mind telling me if this works for cheating on tests too? Common sense tells me there is no way this could be how it works. But let's be honest, as it pertains to this conversation common sense went out the window miles ago. But are you saying that if I was taking a test, copying all of your answers because your ID is through the roof and mine is simply my birthday, that I wouldn't be cheating unless I shouted after the test, "THOSE ARE MY ANSWERS!!!".

This has been a very enlightening day. You are clearly wise beyond your many years. :thumb:

poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

I mean seriously... it is pretty entertaining and a good way to pass some time and burn nervous energy until gametime Saturday. Isn't this the guy that got scared shi*less and ran out the back door of the MO club when we was supposed to wrassle PR? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me set the record strait, I believe you are conflating two Growler stories.

1) It has been reported on the board that Growler was supposed to meet AG1 at the Mo Club. My memory is that Growler ran out the back door as soon as AG1 arrived.

2) Fast forward a couple of years, PR asked Growler to meet him at the Mo Club. Growler never showed because he claimed his wife made him go purse shopping in Spokane that day.

Back