• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Oh, The Irony!

HelenaHandBasket said:
reinell30 said:
Stitt had a wonderful offensive mind. His problem was, he isn't Head Coaching material. I think he would make a great OC if given the chance? If I am not mistaken, he was hired at another school just for his offensive mind?
Now I know all you can see and remember (Like most of us) are his bubble screens and his Fly Sweep, but I believe he could be much more valuable to an offense than that?

Took Texas St one season to fire him as OC.

Texas State, Is that the same Texas State that was in the movie, Unnecessary Roughness which featured Kathy Ireland as the kicker?
OKay, so then not so much for Bob Stitt...

AZGrizFan said:
Is this somehow breaking news?

:lol: :lol: :lol: I bet the OP, Hot Take Hank, has brought this up a half-dozen times already.

Just more “Look at Me” bullshit.

05-EC8-A53-EB3-D-4-CBF-8-B33-DF00663388-E8.jpg

Griz til I die said:
BillingsMafia said:
I wish the main problem of this team was the 3-3-5, but the real problem is a very poor coaching staff. Its not going to get any better until the house is cleaned. Smarter coaches are needed, these stale old coaches need to move on. The AD is in for some trying times.
You might be the most unintelligent person on this board if you think that's the case. If we turn the season around, I don't wanna hear one word from you about how great of a coach Bobby is, even we make a run to the semis.

It cracks me up how after one bad loss and all of a sudden our coaching staff is shit and they all need to be fired. Carry on egriz with these classic meltdown posts. What a bunch of maroons🤣🤣!

BillingsMafia said:
I wish the main problem of this team was the 3-3-5, but the real problem is a very poor coaching staff. Its not going to get any better until the house is cleaned. Smarter coaches are needed, these stale old coaches need to move on. The AD is in for some trying times.

What a shit opinion.

I have issues with Rosey but overall I think this staff is very good.

I think the main issue is a starting a freshman QB on a team that is plagued in injuries.

Yeah yeah yeah everyone is hurt. It’s football but no nobody is as hurt as us. This team is decimated. The healthiest teams win at the end of the season. That’s at every level. Injuries matter.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
BillingsMafia said:

What a shit opinion.

I have issues with Rosey but overall I think this staff is very good.

I think the main issue is a starting a freshman QB on a team that is plagued in injuries.

Yeah yeah yeah everyone is hurt. It’s football but no nobody is as hurt as us. This team is decimated. The healthiest teams win at the end of the season. That’s at every level. Injuries matter.
My god, this is what I’ve been saying for 4 days now :clap: :clap: :clap:

I stand by my post. I hope I'm wrong and will listen to the Idaho game and truly hope the Griz smash them. The fundamental issues are going no where. As another poster articulated exactly what I thought, the DOLA is actually FOLA, fat for dominate. A pass blocking offensive line for a running offense.
If the team turns things around I will still have substantial doubts about the coaching staff but I will admit I'm wrong and I know nothing about football. Phlugrad was a smart coach and really got screwed over by the U of M.

ilovethecats said:
http://dailyorange.com/2020/08/syracuses-new-3-3-5-defense-explained/

Not another plagiarism link. Just a quick little read on the 3-3-5. Though take it for what it's worth as they are just coaches and authors so the chances that they know more than those on this board are very slim.

You might want to look-up the definition of plagiarism. Plagiarism is using something written or stated by another, and claiming that YOU wrote or said it, like Joe Biden did in his first run for president, in which he was forced to withdraw in disgrace. I merely copied-and-pasted an article about the MSU defense to make a point about how they used a 4-3. I never claimed that I wrote it. But, coming from a mentally challenged Cat fan, who somehow thinks anyone on egriz finds him credible or amusing, defining an accusation would be a stretch, huh?

Oh, not to burst your bubble, since you are on a fast train to nowhereland, but Antonio Pierce, the ASU defensive coordinator who replaced your hero, runs the 4-3 base defense.

You still haven't addressed why less than 10 college teams out of 254 employ the 3-3-5 as their base defense. I'll wait. Make sure you don't plagiarize your answer.

hunt-ducks said:
ilovethecats said:

Not another plagiarism link. Just a quick little read on the 3-3-5. Though take it for what it's worth as they are just coaches and authors so the chances that they know more than those on this board are very slim.

You might want to look-up the definition of plagiarism. Plagiarism is using something written or stated by another, and claiming that YOU wrote or said it, like Joe Biden did in his first run for president, in which he was forced to withdraw in disgrace. I merely copied-and-pasted an article about the MSU defense to make a point about how they used a 4-3. I never claimed that I wrote it. But, coming from a mentally challenged Cat fan, who somehow thinks anyone on egriz finds him credible or amusing, defining an accusation would be a stretch, huh?

Oh, not to burst your bubble, since you are on a fast train to nowhereland, but Antonio Pierce, the ASU defensive coordinator who replaced your hero, runs the 4-3 base defense.

You still haven't addressed why less than 10 college teams out of 254 employ the 3-3-5 as their base defense. I'll wait. Make sure you don't plagiarize your answer.
:lol:
You are fantastic. We've went over this all already. But you're much older than me so I'll try again. Got a lot of free time today.

First, that's not why you copy and pasted. Not even close to the context of your discussion at the time. It's in this very thread. But your strategy is to just keep saying things over and over in hopes people will believe them. Truthfully, every person who has read this thread doesn't believe you because we all read it. But it's not really worth going back and forth with someone who is ok lying about things we all know are lies.

Next, your definition of plagiarism literally made me laugh out loud. And you were so close! Here's the thing though. When you cut someone else's work and paste them in your own comments, without saying where it came from, that's stealing. Just because after you stole someone's work you didn't type, "I CLAIM I wrote this", doesn't make it any less of a theft.

It's like when Michael Scott gets in money trouble and he thinks if he just screams, "I...Declare....BANKRUPTCY!!!!!" that it all goes away. Life doesn't work that way for normal people but senile people seem to get along just fine this way. So good for you.

Next, I have no idea what you're talking about with an ASU defensive coordinator or my hero. Don't even know who you could be discussing. I think you tend to mix up conversations but at your age I feel like that's fairly common.

You're right that I didn't address why less than 10 college teams run this defense. Why would I? I never said a word about this defense, who runs it. if it's good, who Antonio Pierce is, anything about an ASU, any of my hero's or really any of the gibberish you just typed. I love that strategy though. Someone says something you don't like, so you just demand of them that they prove some point about a random topic and if they don't.....you win! :clap:

So yes, you got me there. I couldn't care less about this defense. As a Cat fan, you really think I'd have an issue with the defense the Griz have been running?!

And you STILL haven't addressed why Bob Huggins didn't employ his famous full-court press as often at K-State in 2006 after having so much success doing it at Cincinnati. I'll wait. Don't plagiarize. :thumb:

hunt-ducks said:
ilovethecats said:

And you still haven't addressed what objective statistic you're using to proclaim Kris Brown the best QB on the team, despite numerous requests. We're waiting....

I wonder if they beat the shit out of Growler like this on the Ohio State board?

My bet is they do.

hunt-ducks said:
ilovethecats said:

Wait, do you claim that you wrote this? I didn't see the words, "I wrote this", so I can't be sure. You'd better hope this isn't a passage from The Iliad.

^^^I wrote this.

ilovethecats said:
hunt-ducks said:

You are fantastic. We've went over this all already. But you're much older than me so I'll try again. Got a lot of free time today.

First, that's not why you copy and pasted. Not even close to the context of your discussion at the time. It's in this very thread. But your strategy is to just keep saying things over and over in hopes people will believe them. Truthfully, every person who has read this thread doesn't believe you because we all read it. But it's not really worth going back and forth with someone who is ok lying about things we all know are lies.

Next, your definition of plagiarism literally made me laugh out loud. And you were so close! Here's the thing though. When you cut someone else's work and paste them in your own comments, without saying where it came from, that's stealing. Just because after you stole someone's work you didn't type, "I CLAIM I wrote this", doesn't make it any less of a theft.

It's like when Michael Scott gets in money trouble and he thinks if he just screams, "I...Declare....BANKRUPTCY!!!!!" that it all goes away. Life doesn't work that way for normal people but senile people seem to get along just fine this way. So good for you.

Next, I have no idea what you're talking about with an ASU defensive coordinator or my hero. Don't even know who you could be discussing. I think you tend to mix up conversations but at your age I feel like that's fairly common.

You're right that I didn't address why less than 10 college teams run this defense. Why would I? I never said a word about this defense, who runs it. if it's good, who Antonio Pierce is, anything about an ASU, any of my hero's or really any of the gibberish you just typed. I love that strategy though. Someone says something you don't like, so you just demand of them that they prove some point about a random topic and if they don't.....you win! :clap:

So yes, you got me there. I couldn't care less about this defense. As a Cat fan, you really think I'd have an issue with the defense the Griz have been running?!

And you STILL haven't addressed why Bob Huggins didn't employ his famous full-court press as often at K-State in 2006 after having so much success doing it at Cincinnati. I'll wait. Don't plagiarize. :thumb:

Owning ILovetheScat is a very special and rewarding type of owning

hunt-ducks said:
ilovethecats said:

Owning ILovetheScat is a very special and rewarding type of owning
Did you write that? I didn't see any verification. :eek:

hunt-ducks said:
Who is our most dreaded opponent? The hated Bobcats, of course. What does the Bobcat offense excel at? Running the football, of course. How has the Bobcat offense owned our defense in the past three losses to them? Running the football, of course.

What is the base defense employed by our coaches? The 3-3-5 defense, of course. What is the weakness of the 3-3-5 defense? Stopping a great running offense, of course.

I'll leave it to you to connect the dots.......

Defense is actually pretty good this year.

behappp said:
https://thedailyaztec.com/102699/sports/column-sdsu-defense-remains-among-best-in-nation-in-2020/

In some instances, the Aztecs’ defense has literally kept them in the game. This season is no exception to the aggressive 3-3-5 defense that wreaks havoc on the field.

This is from last year but this year SDSU still has a top-notch D and the team is undefeated having beaten both Utah and Arizona.
3-3-5 D

Yeah, our 3-3-5 defense "wreaked havoc" on both EWU and Sac. State! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

MontanaJack2006 said:
hunt-ducks said:
Who is our most dreaded opponent? The hated Bobcats, of course. What does the Bobcat offense excel at? Running the football, of course. How has the Bobcat offense owned our defense in the past three losses to them? Running the football, of course.

What is the base defense employed by our coaches? The 3-3-5 defense, of course. What is the weakness of the 3-3-5 defense? Stopping a great running offense, of course.

I'll leave it to you to connect the dots.......

Defense is actually pretty good this year.

The Bobcat O-Coordinator has to be salivating at the prospect of playing against our vaunted 3-3-5 defense, which is designed to stop the spread, but has been unable to do so, and is weak in stopping the run, and has shown no ability to do so versus the Cats for three years........ :lol:

hunt-ducks said:
behappp said:
https://thedailyaztec.com/102699/sports/column-sdsu-defense-remains-among-best-in-nation-in-2020/

This is from last year but this year SDSU still has a top-notch D and the team is undefeated having beaten both Utah and Arizona.
3-3-5 D

Yeah, our 3-3-5 defense "wreaked havoc" on both EWU and Sac. State! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Those are EWU's scores against FCS competition. One of those is not like the other. Their average (minus UM game) is 61.5 ppg. We held them to 27.5 points BELOW their season average. Sooooo, something about our defense worked that day...

Back