• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Brown

hunt-ducks said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
You would think that somebody in Mensa could use google.

https://gogriz.com/sports/football/roster/jordan-johnson/2313

Click on stats and then select 2010 in the season drop down.

You'd think that such self-verified genius could do better than live in a 1986 trailer in East Helena

He does.

retiredpopo said:
EverettGriz said:
I am admittedly out of my mind for myriad reasons. But I think it could well be a close game.

Well hopefully after Saturday's game you will focus on some of those other reasons with the comfort knowing that the griz are better than you thought they were

I believe the GRIZ are very good. I’m just not convinced they’re built to have many lopsided victories.

AZGrizFan said:
ordigger said:
Same people complaining about the running game after one bad game. They seem to forget how well Harris has done this year.

Excluding quarterbacks 174 rushes for 812 yards, 4.7 yards per carry

Is Harris going to play? He didn’t play the entire 2nd half Saturday….nor did Childs play. That leave Bergen and Janacaro.
Colter mentioned on the GFP that Harris is somewhere around Questionable to play. Might have just been conjecture, but I'd believe it. Said Childs is closer to Doubtful.

Although I believe he also mentioned that at some point in the next few weeks, it's possible (although maybe not likely) that Ostmo/Knight just runs out with the ones out of nowhere, too.

uofmman1122 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Is Harris going to play? He didn’t play the entire 2nd half Saturday….nor did Childs play. That leave Bergen and Janacaro.
Colter mentioned on the GFP that Harris is somewhere around Questionable to play. Might have just been conjecture, but I'd believe it. Said Childs is closer to Doubtful.

Although I believe he also mentioned that at some point in the next few weeks, it's possible (although maybe not likely) that Ostmo/Knight just runs out with the ones out of nowhere, too.
Not happening

WaGriz4life said:
uofmman1122 said:

Not happening
Probably not, no.

Maybe all Brown needs is one game where he plays really well to drive his confidence up, feels like he can be “the” quarterback for UM. Just a game where everything “clicks” and he starts seeing the things he needs to and take that momentum on to the next game and the next etc. He seems to look the part and have the physical tools. Maybe the mental part is there but just being hidden behind some inexperience and doubt.

People are calling Rosenbach out and maybe rightfully so. I am just not so sure. Hauck has had some very successful offenses in the past that could score a lot of points despite his propensity to run, run, maybe run again and then punt. Regardless he knows how to score points and I doubt he would just sit back and let Rosenbach call an offense game after game that couldn’t score points. I didn’t get to watch the Sac State game but it sounds like we didn’t do much to score points quickly when we needed to. There has to be a reason. Hauck hates to lose and I have to think the problem wasn’t just our ability to call plays that could win the game. They must have felt limited in the play calling based on the personnel. Whether they were right or not I don’t know. I suspect if the Idaho game starts out poorly we will see a change in play calling from what we have been seeing. If not, then I would be worried that they really don’t have confidence in the offense and we are in for a long rest of the year.

cmtgrizzly said:
Maybe all Brown needs is one game where he plays really well to drive his confidence up, feels like he can be “the” quarterback for UM. Just a game where everything “clicks” and he starts seeing the things he needs to and take that momentum on to the next game and the next etc. He seems to look the part and have the physical tools. Maybe the mental part is there but just being hidden behind some inexperience and doubt.

I have little doubt that's the case. The question remains: how do we enter a potential championship season with so little proven talent (I say proven because I DO believe he has the talent) behind a journeyman QB? As ducks said in a different thread, he just needs time to get "up to speed"....is that really where we thought we were six weeks ago? Our grip on a championship run was THAT tenuous?

HelenaHandBasket said:
hunt-ducks said:
Oh, it's a 1996. My bad

Being a member of Mensa sure does nothing for your wit.

Has anybody seen this year's, or any prior year's Mensa membership card for the 'ol pickle? I mean, if you go to their site, they recommend asking to see the annually issued card when somebody is boasting of Mensa membership. Has anybody asked for proof? Asking for a friend.

horribilisfan8184 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Being a member of Mensa sure does nothing for your wit.

Has anybody seen this year's, or any prior year's Mensa membership card for the 'ol pickle? I mean, if you go to their site, they recommend asking to see the annually issued card when somebody is boasting of Mensa membership. Has anybody asked for proof? Asking for a friend.

So what you’re saying is you get ID to prove you’re high ID?

Ursa Major said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

So what you’re saying is you get ID to prove your high ID?

Correct.

Though I think it's all moot anyway as anyone could simply cheat on the admission exam, and as long as they don't announce after the fact, "I cheated on the admissions exam", they are good to go.

This is pretty common knowledge amongst we mensa members.

ilovethecats said:
Ursa Major said:
So what you’re saying is you get ID to prove your high ID?

Correct.

Though I think it's all moot anyway as anyone could simply cheat on the admission exam, and as long as they don't announce after the fact, "I cheated on the admissions exam", they are good to go.

So as a Mensa member you are saying that all Mensa members are liars.

Wait, what?

Ursa Major said:
ilovethecats said:
Correct.

Wait, what?
It's a slippery slope. In my experience it's only lying if you state after the fact you're lying. Otherwise it's par for the course.

ilovethecats said:
Ursa Major said:

Wait, what?
It's a slippery slope. In my experience it's only lying if you state after the fact you're lying. Otherwise it's par for the course.

I’m so confused that I just ripped up my Mensa ID card that I cheated to obtain but proved I was high ID.

Back