• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NCAAF landscape

Griz til I die said:
How in any way is SHSU ready to make the move? I don’t think their stadiums big enough.

Probably more important is how many women's sports are sponsored at each institution for when Title IX requires that the new increased total for FBS scholarships is also met with equal scholarship numbers for women.

For example, UM offers 8 sports while MSU only offers 7 sports (UM uniquely has softball and soccer while MSU uniquely has skiing). And really, I doubt skiing has even close to the amount of scholarships that soccer or softball have. Plus, UM already has the facilities for those costlier sports covered. So, MSU is definitely lagging in that aspect.

In comparison, Sac State, while also being near more population, sponsors 11 women's sports. Sam Houston State sponsors 9.

I got curious and if my counting was correct, there were 15 on MSU's skiing roster and 48 between UM's soccer and softball rosters.

AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
JMU just got the invite from the sun belt.

Et tu, JMU? :( :( :(

All our rivals are gone. We're gonna be left in a division with a bunch of directional schools very, very soon.

Right, like I said earlier G5 FBS is the new de facto FCS. FCS will be the new de facto Division II...and so on...

NavyBlue said:
AZGrizFan said:
Et tu, JMU? :( :( :(

All our rivals are gone. We're gonna be left in a division with a bunch of directional schools very, very soon.

Right, like I said earlier G5 FBS is the new de facto FCS. FCS will be the new de facto Division II...and so on...
That makes sense. :thumb:

HelenaHandBasket said:
Griz til I die said:
That’s just an act of desperation by C-USA. How in any way is SHSU ready to make the move? I don’t think their stadiums big enough. I think they’re more likely to fold then that.

Easy upgrade for Sam. Desperation, maybe, but UM would be pretty excited if the MWC got a little desperate.
Oh ya we all would. And I think the MWC needs to get desperate and jump in front of this thing before Boise and SDSU leave. Instead they chose to sit back on their heals and do nothing. So now we’ll see if it works out for them or not. In some ways it may work out to our advantage as the MWC path into Texas is now gone thanks to the American, so maybe that helps us get the invite in a couple years.

Back