• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Just Couldn't Resist

Ursa Major said:
EverettGriz said:
It was a helluva football post though, wasn’t it?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bravo!! Great work men.

I love it when he goes into “recruitment mode”. The sickly sweet fawning over the other person and the sense of their exclusivity together, “it’s me and you, the good posters, against the bad posters.”

The most successful narcissists are able to be charismatic and build fans and supporters. Growler is not one of those.

Sometimes he uses the carrot, sometimes the stick. His approach with me is “what happened to you? You used to be such a good football poster, and now you’re just trying to make points with “the squad”….I’m just so disappointed in you…” :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
Ursa Major said:

Bravo!! Great work men.

I love it when he goes into “recruitment mode”. The sickly sweet fawning over the other person and the sense of their exclusivity together, “it’s me and you, the good posters, against the bad posters.”

The most successful narcissists are able to be charismatic and build fans and supporters. Growler is not one of those.

Sometimes he uses the carrot, sometimes the stick. His approach with me is “what happened to you? You used to be such a good football poster, and now you’re just trying to make points with “the squad”….I’m just so disappointed in you…” :lol:

:lol: :lol: What he doesn’t like is that you have the audacity to remind him of his incorrect posts from the past.

AZGrizFan said:
Ursa Major said:

Bravo!! Great work men.

The truth hurts, doesn't it? Wanna talk about defending previous posts? Let's start with your posts slamming Brown and defending Humphrey. Now you jump on the Brown band-wagon after he show's great progress. Pathetic. You are trying way too hard to deflect. As I said earlier, you might wanna take a break to save some face.

Your U. of Idaho education mirrors the quality of their fan base and football program.

hunt-ducks said:
AZGrizFan said:

The truth hurts, doesn't it? Wanna talk about defending previous posts? Let's start with your posts slamming Brown and defending Humphrey. Now you jump on the Brown band-wagon after he show's great progress. Pathetic. You are trying way too hard to deflect. As I said earlier, you might wanna take a break to save some face.

Your U. of Idaho education mirrors the quality of their fan base and football program.

I wonder what it’s like to be almost universally loathed by an entire online community?

Hundreds of your fellow posters have expressed their dislike of you and your behavior.

Most would walk away in shame and perhaps try and learn something from the experience. Maybe develop a new hobby. Not you. You just keep making up new usernames and come back for more.

I would call you the village idiot but that would be an insult to village idiots across the globe.

hunt-ducks said:
AZGrizFan said:

To be clear: I am not on any bandwagon. But I am a mature human being and adult enough (unlike the OP) to observe when someone has made some progress. Now...was it "great" progress? Hardly. But he's made progress...I mean at least he didn't fumble, right?....progress made against ostensibly the worst team in the league, yes, so one would HOPE he'd look better...but no, I'm not on his or any other bandwagon.

AZGrizFan said:
hunt-ducks said:

To be clear: I am not on any bandwagon. But I am a mature human being and adult enough (unlike the OP) to observe when someone has made some progress. Now...was it "great" progress? Hardly. But he's made progress...I mean at least he didn't fumble, right?....progress made against ostensibly the worst team in the league, yes, so one would HOPE he'd look better...but no, I'm not on his or any other bandwagon.

As I said, you are the king of the retrospective. You are great at "analyzing" a player after the game. I analyze players from watching them in practice. Look up my posts as Growler in 2010, when I stated that Jordy Johnson was the best QB on the team, watching him in fall practice. He was a frosh then. I also predicted that Peter Nuygen, who was also also a frosh who few had even heard of when I made a post stating that Peter would be a multi-year starter at RB for the Griz. It's so easy to come down hard on a kid like Brown after he struggles in his first couple of starts, then give him subtle props when he shows progress. Still pathetic that you couch your praise of him by leaving yourself room to slam him again if he regresses a bit. Weak.

Oh, you keep talking about his fumbles. Need I remind you that Can fumbled at least three times in his limited starts last season? In fact Bobby was very upset with him for his fumbling at that time...... and he was a 5th year, 23 year old player with many JC starts under his belt. Just sayin'.

Holy SHIT!! Someone predicted that two highly touted recruits would be good players??! How is that even POSSIBLE?!?

hunt-ducks said:
AZGrizFan said:

As I said, you are the king of the retrospective. You are great at "analyzing" a player after the game. I analyze players from watching them in practice. Look up my posts as Growler in 2010, when I stated that Jordy Johnson was the best QB on the team, watching him in fall practice. He was a frosh then. I also predicted that Peter Nuygen, who was also also a frosh who few had even heard of when I made a post stating that Peter would be a multi-year starter at RB for the Griz. It's so easy to come down hard on a kid like Brown after he struggles in his first couple of starts, then give him subtle props when he shows progress. Still pathetic that you couch your praise of him by leaving yourself room to slam him again if he regresses a bit. Weak.

Oh, you keep talking about his fumbles. Need I remind you that Can fumbled at least three times in his limited starts last season? In fact Bobby was very upset with him for his fumbling at that time...... and he was a 5th year, 23 year old player with many JC starts under his belt. Just sayin'.

Ok, Nostradumbass. Good for you. As I've stated many times on this board, I don't have the freedom or the luxury of attending practice, so I have nothing else to go on but what my eyes observe after a player is given playing time. Hence my response to your drivel is typically "I'll trust the coach's judgement as to who should be playing/starting."

And I stand by my statement that the last thing we needed in a potential championship year is a player at the most important position on the field having to "grow into the position". And for the record, Brown fumbled 3 times in 4 SACKS. In one GAME. So spare me the "Cam did it too" bullshit.

And I'm STILL waiting on what objective statistic you're leaning on (really, any statistic! c'mon, you can do it) that makes you just certain Brown is a better QB than Humphrey. YPA? YPC? INT/TD ratio? Fumbles? Sacks taken? Win/Loss record? Please....enlighten us pedestrian fans with your vast knowledge.

EverettGriz said:
Holy SHIT!! Someone predicted that two highly touted recruits would be good players??! How is that even POSSIBLE?!?

It’s a skill. I had a pretty good feeling Troy Andersen was gonna be a stud for us. But not based on coaches playing him or simply watching the games like the rest of the pedestrian fans. I knew it by watching practice! Practice!

Any opinions of players based on their play in games really means nothing. Any lemming can sit back and watch games on Saturday’s and think they know what their eyeballs see. But not so fast my friend! If you’re not showing up to practice your opinion is nothing more than a low ID afterthought akin to a sperm count.

ilovethecats said:
EverettGriz said:

It’s a skill. I had a pretty good feeling Troy Andersen was gonna be a stud for us. But not based on coaches playing him or simply watching the games like the rest of the pedestrian fans. I knew it by watching practice! Practice!

Any opinions of players based on their play in games really means nothing. Any lemming can sit back and watch games on Saturday’s and think they know what their eyeballs see. But not so fast my friend! If you’re not showing up to practice your opinion is nothing more than a low ID afterthought akin to a sperm count.

I'm standing by my prediction that this is an imposter. His writing, along with another current user's, is.............. very familiar...........

I need to see some ID before I believe this is the real Dill.

CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:

I'm standing by my prediction that this is an imposter. His writing, along with another current user's, is.............. very familiar...........

I need to see some ID before I believe this is the real Dill.

I'm with you. Only the real Growler could bring Cat and Griz fans together on a football issue.

EverettGriz said:

Nguyen was not "highly touted". He was one of the last players offered after another CA running back that the coaches thought they had signed with San Jose State. But, as always, thanks for playing. Might want to stick with trolling every thread,.

AZGrizFan said:
hunt-ducks said:

Ok, Nostradumbass. Good for you. As I've stated many times on this board, I don't have the freedom or the luxury of attending practice, so I have nothing else to go on but what my eyes observe after a player is given playing time. Hence my response to your drivel is typically "I'll trust the coach's judgement as to who should be playing/starting."

And I stand by my statement that the last thing we needed in a potential championship year is a player at the most important position on the field having to "grow into the position". And for the record, Brown fumbled 3 times in 4 SACKS. In one GAME. So spare me the "Cam did it too" bullshit.

And I'm STILL waiting on what objective statistic you're leaning on (really, any statistic! c'mon, you can do it) that makes you just certain Brown is a better QB than Humphrey. YPA? YPC? INT/TD ratio? Fumbles? Sacks taken? Win/Loss record? Please....enlighten us pedestrian fans with your vast knowledge.

Keep projecting. It only makes you look even more desperate. As for enlightening you, looks like a lost cause. Must be that UI education. Have you received your Squad ID card yet? Should be in the mail by now.

It's gonna be so much fun re-viewing your slams on Brown as the season progresses. How do you like your crow, fried, grilled, or raw?

hunt-ducks said:
AZGrizFan said:

Keep projecting. It only makes you look even more desperate. As for enlightening you, looks like a lost cause. Must be that UI education. Have you received your Squad ID card yet? Should be in the mail by now.

It's gonna be so much fun re-viewing your slams on Brown as the season progresses. How do you like your crow, fried, grilled, or raw?

I don’t think “projecting” means what you think it means in the above context.

hunt-ducks said:
AZGrizFan said:

ID cards? Forget that, let's get jackets.

SaskGriz said:
hunt-ducks said:

You have disappeared for awhile. I was hoping that you finally realized how participating with these pin heads helped to ruin the board for football discussion. But I could be wrong. Leave the dark side....... it will set you free.

hunt-ducks said:
AZGrizFan said:

Well let me put it in simple terms that even YOU can understand: If the backup QB can't come in and lead us to wins against hapless SUU, horrific NAU and a mediocre NoCo team, then he's got no business on the field, honestly. But you go ahead and tout his greatness while he pads his resume with wins over the dregs of the conference. I'll withhold my judgement and praise until I see what happens in the brawl.

And I'm still waiting, you gutless wonder. Just answer the fucking question, chickenshit. What stat?

hunt-ducks said:
SaskGriz said:

You have disappeared for awhile. I was hoping that you finally realized how participating with these pin heads helped to ruin the board for football discussion. But I could be wrong. Leave the dark side....... it will set you free.

Carrot approach. :lol: :lol: :lol:

CDAGRIZ said:
hunt-ducks said:

I don’t think “projecting” means what you think it means in the above context.

Most words don't mean what he thinks they mean. In ANY context. He keeps "clambering" for attention. :lol: :lol:

hunt-ducks said:
SaskGriz said:

I think you need a little break from here too Wolfman. Come back in a few weeks with a new username, tanned, rested and ready.

Back