• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sam Herder’s Brawl Write Up

I also thought it was a good article and don"t see the big deal about the references to NDSU. There is also a podcast available online where Sam talked at length about his trip to Missoula, Wa Griz stadium and the game itself. It was a very positive discussion.

EverettGriz said:
Jesse said:
I think the fellas were butthurt because he mentioned them in our brawl article, it was our time not ndsu and because he’s a journalist from ndsu.

“Our”. That’s f###[#] hilarious.

As for Sam ndsu Herder, it’s only surprising he didn’t type, “I was in Missoula this weekend. but ndsu won by 6,000 in their game!!. Did I mention the bizzzzzon are really good?!?! Ndsu is the fcs. Loudest place on the planet. Does everyone love that green and puke yellow?? Ndsu plays in a DOME!!! Ndsu is GREAT!! Had a Mo Club burger”.

Ok, I’m just not bothered by it and wouldn’t have noticed it was a thing until you fellas took issue

IdaGriz01 said:
Jesse said:
Holy hell, are you saying his piece was “fake news”? That rat bastard writing an opinion piece and including his opinions about his first brawl of the wild experience and the FCS. ...
Actually, I have absolutely no problem with the article. In fact, I rather enjoyed it. I was simply reacting to the comment about "impartial" reporting (or lack thereof). [Unfortunately, that part didn't make it thru the quote within a quote feature.]

And no, it's not "fake news." But then it's not news either, in the normal use of that term. It is, as you point out, an "opinion piece" ... a perfectly legitimate form of writing. That was obvious right from the first line, and really almost from the title alone.

In that context, he said a lot of good things about the WaGriz experience and the importance of the Griz in terms of FCS football. That's what Hero Sports does, BTW. If you read their "About" item, you'll see "dedicated to college football, with an emphasis on FCS coverage." Far as I'm concerned, "it's all good."

I enjoyed the article. All I was pointing out was that it isn’t surprising to me that Sam is more knowledgeable/has more things to say about the MVFC because that’s who he has covered most closely, even though he tries to cover all the FCS. * shrug *

I thought it was a fair article. He has to go back and live in Fargo the rest of the year, I assume. He needs to get the NDSU coaches insights year-round more than he needs to acquiesce Griz fans, so he took the easy way out and was wishy-washy. He basically admits that because he was in the Pressbox he couldn't fully appreciate or evaluate the loudness factor, which to me was an admission by omission. Sometimes you gotta read between the lines.

Zirg said:
I thought it was a fair article. He has to go back and live in Fargo the rest of the year, I assume. He needs to get the NDSU coaches insights year-round more than he needs to acquiesce Griz fans, so he took the easy way out and was wishy-washy. He basically admits that because he was in the Pressbox he couldn't fully appreciate or evaluate the loudness factor, which to me was an admission by omission. Sometimes you gotta read between the lines.

:lol: :lol:

So leave the press box for 5 minutes.

PhxGriz said:
get'em_griz said:
Good write up overall, but if he truly wanted to compare the noise level, he needed to be at field level to do it. The noise on the field is much, much louder than it is up in the press box.

In the fargodome, it sounds the same everywhere because there’s a thing called a metal roof keeping the sound enclosed.

It really is. I was in ROTC and used to Present the Colors before the game, only twice, but even when people would cheer after the Anthem was over, you REALLY had to yell just so the four person group could hear your commands and move in unison.

This was also before any expansions, just grassy knolls on the end zones. Still way loud.

Thanks for you Service to this Great Country! :clap:

grizingatorland said:
I'm not really a fan of Sam Herder but in this case he was correct. Neither UM or MSU are currently in the top tier of fcs teams. It's basically NDSU, Sam Houston and JMU. Not sure how anybody can argue that point. I expect the Griz to join NDSU as the two main powers in fcs within a season or two.

Year or two - What is wrong with the Present? :roll:

The article was fine. Glad he came to Missoula for a game. I'm sure it opened his eyes and left some good memories.

Yes, next time if he wants to fully appreciate the place, he needs to get down on the field, or at least outside the press box.

The Fargo dome sounds like someone is banging a hammer on the side of a tin silo. Loud yes but equally as annoying. I’ve been to multiple games in both stadiums and nothing compares to the roar of WaGriz

BadlandsGrizFan said:
The Fargo dome sounds like someone is banging a hammer on the side of a tin silo. Loud yes but equally as annoying. I’ve been to multiple games in both stadiums and nothing compares to the roar of WaGriz

The only things WAGriz is missing are (1) the laser light show, (2) the 1990s Chicago Bulls blackout for the starting lineups, and (3) the smell of a recent tractor pull.

CDAGRIZ said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

The only things WAGriz is missing are (1) the laser light show, (2) the 1990s Chicago Bulls blackout for the starting lineups, and (3) the smell of a recent tractor pull.
4) emptied deep fryers, when there is nothing left but hantavirus and the belts of a 65 John Deere.

Hey Canuck.... Nothing can compare to those barn dances in Missoula in the middle of august.... Ffs..

Nothing like the smell of forest fires raging all around hicksville, mixed with the smell of horse and cowshit...

Whatever it takes to make those rednecks and hillbillies less miserable to live there.

We have barn dances? Or even barns??

Forrest fires we have, because we have, you know, more than one tree every 99 acres. But we have cows??

We have rednecks and hillbillies?? Damn, that sounds like a kick ass party!

EverettGriz said:

Forrest fires we have, because we have, you know, more than one tree every 99 acres. But we have cows??

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.missoulaevents.net/08/13/2021/2021-western-montana-fair/&ved=2ahUKEwjJmd_p_b30AhXQGs0KHZhrD0kQFnoECFUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0Xg_mzg5purPTwCAXoxQEO

Yep, you sure do...to both. Yee haw.... Shouldn't come as much of a surprise when your town has more farm animals than people roaming about.

As far as hillbillies and rednecks 20,000 plus every Saturday in the fall gathered at washington-grizzlie ... All crying an moaning about them missing cotton eye Joe.

Cowboys84 said:
EverettGriz said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.missoulaevents.net/08/13/2021/2021-western-montana-fair/&ved=2ahUKEwjJmd_p_b30AhXQGs0KHZhrD0kQFnoECFUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0Xg_mzg5purPTwCAXoxQEO

Yep, you sure do...to both. Yee haw.... Shouldn't come as much of a surprise when your town has more farm animals than people roaming about.

As far as hillbillies and rednecks 20,000 plus every Saturday in the fall gathered at washington-grizzlie ... All crying an moaning about them missing cotton eye Joe.

Tasty farm animals! Tasty, tasty farm animals! :D

Htowngriz said:
I would laugh at a North Dakota resident throwing shade at Montana, but it's just too damn sad.

it's not that he's throwing shade, it's WHAT shade he's throwing....it's not like there aren't any hillbillies or farm animals in NoDak. :lol: :lol:

One of my college roommates is now an anesthesiologist. They moved to NoDak a few years back to take a new job. I recently asked him what they liked about living there. He pondered the question for a full 30 seconds before answering (I shit you not) “The Minnesota Lake District is only 3 and a half hours away”.

The best thing about living in nodak is IN ANOTHER STATE!! 😂

AZGrizFan said:
Htowngriz said:
I would laugh at a North Dakota resident throwing shade at Montana, but it's just too damn sad.

it's not that he's throwing shade, it's WHAT shade he's throwing....it's not like there aren't any hillbillies or farm animals in NoDak. :lol: :lol:
It’s even worse than that. The dude admitted on here once that he actually moved from Nodak to MT and now lives here. His fat actions speak louder than his skinny words ever could.
Total troll. Like 3am tweaker troll making racist jokes and getting band

Back