• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Recap

HelenaHandBasket said:
The attendance digs and gripes continue to display ignorance and is one reason others think Griz fans are arrogant douches. The EWU attendance was typical for FCS football. A large number of Griz fans continue to bitch about all typical FCS things but want to remain in FCS for one reason and one reason only...playoffs, and even still, they bitch about those.

I for one want both Montana schools out of the FCS. It’s so watered down now anyways. At this rate I worry UC Davis is more likely to move up than us. I just have no confidence that our leadership can somehow advocate for and land us an invite to get us out of what is rapidly becoming a very D2 feeling landscape.

And also if it is so important to move up, why not just join the WAC? That would have to be a better path than thinking the independent route is actually viable.

HelenaHandBasket said:
And also if it is so important to move up, why not just join the WAC? That would have to be a better path than thinking the independent route is actually viable.

I don't want to be another Idaho and where is all the money coming from to do and sustain all this.

fanofzoo said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

I don't want to be another Idaho and where is all the money coming from to do and sustain all this.

So it is MWC or nothing? This is why people need to get comfy in the BSC, because the chances of a FBS move is near zero.

HelenaHandBasket said:
The attendance digs and gripes continue to display ignorance and is one reason others think Griz fans are arrogant douches. The EWU attendance was typical for FCS football. A large number of Griz fans continue to bitch about all typical FCS things but want to remain in FCS for one reason and one reason only...playoffs, and even still, they bitch about those.
Got it. Posting and discussing facts like playoff attendance data is off limits by the bitch police. Facts like that are inconvenient things and are not to be exposed.

EverettGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Why? They are FCS schools that are fine with that.

And thhhhheeeeeerrrrrre’s your problem.

You want to make FCS into something that it isn't. Those schools are fine because that is typical for FCS schools. The problem seems to be more of a "you" issue than a FCS issue.

HelenaHandBasket said:
EverettGriz said:
And thhhhheeeeeerrrrrre’s your problem.

You want to make FCS into something that it isn't. Those schools are fine because that is typical for FCS schools. The problem seems to be more of a "you" issue than a FCS issue.

Wrong!! I want to highlight what the fcs IS!!

What’s wrong with the fcs is that programs are just fine with 2100 “fans” at a playoff game. I aspire to more, because Montana already IS more.

kemajic said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Got it. Posting and discussing facts like playoff attendance data is off limits by the bitch police. Facts like that are inconvenient things and are not to be exposed.

If you want to spend time bitching about typical FCS, something your bitching will have zero impact on, then knock yourself out Kem. And bitching about attendance doesn't expose anything, it is common knowledge that pretty much no one really cares about FCS football outside of a couple hand full of places.

EverettGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

What’s wrong with the fcs is that programs are just fine with 2100 “fans” at a playoff game. I aspire to more, because Montana already IS more.

Everyone knows without the highlighting. Programs aren't fine with it, but it is the reality of FCS. I am fine with wanting more for Montana, but there isn't a good solution that is currently achievable.

SaskGriz said:
We should move up as an independent. It worked for Notre Dame, BYU, and UMass. ;)

UMass’ move wasn’t primarily for football. They had plans on joining Big East then it fizzled.

DOES everyone know it? Because in a week, dozens of posters on here will use 31,000 in attendance at a bowl game as evidence “no one cares” and we should stay at the fcs level.

Look, we all understand there are no potions NOW. But there will be. And there are many of us no want to show that just because we’ve always played teams like Dixie state doesn’t mean we always have to.

HelenaHandBasket said:
EverettGriz said:

Everyone knows without the highlighting. Programs aren't fine with it, but it is the reality of FCS. I am fine with wanting more for Montana, but there isn't a good solution that is currently achievable.

It just can’t be done.

EverettGriz said:
And yet so many on this board say they don’t want to play in “some meaningless toilet bowl game no one cares about”, but which in reality is attended by 31,000 and watched by millions on national television.

And yes, sodakstate and ewoooooo should be wildly embarrassed.

What channels were the EWU and Dakker games on?

CDAGRIZ said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

It just can’t be done.

Without a conference invite, no, it really can't.

CDAGRIZ said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

It just can’t be done.

You sound like the guy with solutions. Put those loins to work and share.

HelenaHandBasket said:
kemajic said:

If you want to spend time bitching about typical FCS, something your bitching will have zero impact on, then knock yourself out Kem. And bitching about attendance doesn't expose anything, it is common knowledge that pretty much no one really cares about FCS football outside of a couple hand full of places.
I'm confused; what is it that I have been bitching about?

kemajic said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
I'm confused; what is it that I have been bitching about?

Did I say specifically that you were? I just said that if you want to, knock yourself out.

EverettGriz said:
And yes, sodakstate and ewoooooo should be wildly embarrassed.

It's beyond embarrassing. And frustrating. But then you have to remember that Spokane isn't that much of a sports town, although I'm not sure what efforts (or lack thereof) EWU is making to get people to the games.

I've said it before, but if building a dome or even playing games in Spokane would yield respectable attendance they should do it, even if that's not my preferred route.

Back