• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

False Starts - Round 2 of Playoffs

yup and will take a few sacks and several TFL's and perhaps a pick six. Barriere does not have a great road record he is like 13-9 and will not have been subject to anything like he will be friday night.

retiredpopo said:
yup and will take a few sacks and several TFL's and perhaps a pick six. Barriere does not have a great road record he is like 13-9 and will not have been subject to anything like he will be friday night.
I don’t think he’s lost on the road this year. Both losses came at home.

Going to need a crowd again like we had for Cat/Griz game. That was the 1st crowd in a long time that made Wa/Griz stadium like the old days. I am hearing of a lot of people that are not going to attend this game.
The Griz really appreciate the team support, so people get to the stadium!

Griz til I die said:
retiredpopo said:
I don’t think he’s lost on the road this year. Both losses came at home.

look at the differences in home field advantages on ewu's road games. Not one of those away games this year had a home field crowd. I am not worried one iota.

While I am excited to have this game in Missoula, EWU is going to bring their A-game. Almost every single team that comes into our stadium plays out of their minds.

However, we’ve got a salty defense that when combined with our crowd noise, will help generate 3 false starts. Gonna be a great night in the Mecca.

reinell30 said:
Going to need a crowd again like we had for Cat/Griz game.
Don't hold your breath on that. Having EWU will help, but it's still the playoffs and season ticket holders have to opt-in for tickets. Many don't for some strange reason, like they've had their fill of football for the season. Besides it could be cold this time of year. Playoffs seem to separate the real fans from those that just renew their season tickets every year.

get'em_griz said:
While I am excited to have this game in Missoula, EWU is going to bring their A-game. Almost every single team that comes into our stadium plays out of their minds.

However, we’ve got a salty defense that when combined with our crowd noise, will help generate 3 false starts. Gonna be a great night in the Mecca.
Barriere does not have any problem overcoming a few false starts, so there's no comfort there. Our comfort has to be with the salty defense that will also bring their A-game.

get'em_griz said:

But what if they accidently bring their B game? Or even A-minus? God forbid they bring they're C game. A lot of teams tend to play really well at WGS expect the ones who don't. :lol:

retiredpopo said:
Has he played in WGS?

grizare#1 said:
retiredpopo said:
Has he played in WGS?

he did he got beat as it would have had to been in 2019...and he did and got beat.

grizghost said:
Friday night game not sure the showing? 17k? ...would be my best guess!

First round (pre-24 team) and second round home game numbers from past seasons:
  • 2004 vs. Northwestern State - 16,289
  • 2007 vs. Wofford - 19,761
  • 2008 vs. Texas State - 19,489
  • 2009 vs. South Dakota State - 19,197
  • 2011 vs. Central Arkansas (2nd round) - 22,005
  • 2013 vs. Coastal Carolina (2nd round) - 17,345
  • 2019 vs. SELA (2nd round) - 16,550

The 2006 semifinal game against UMass was a Friday night game in December with 23,454, but a semi game is obviously going to draw a larger crowd. I think the fact that it's EWU will draw a decent crowd. I'd say at least 19k with a good chance of over 20k if the weather is decent.

7-day forecast for Missoula currently has partly cloudy with 45 degree high.

Remember there are a lot of grey hairs that live down south during the winter.

kemajic said:
reinell30 said:
Don't hold your breath on that. Having EWU will help, but it's still the playoffs and season ticket holders have to opt-in for tickets. Many don't for some strange reason, like they've had their fill of football for the season. Besides it could be cold this time of year. Playoffs seem to separate the real fans from those that just renew their season tickets every year.

kemajic said:
reinell30 said:

I think there are a lot of reasons people don’t come to the playoff games. For many it is financial. Everyone around us is from out of town in our section. There is also some corporate tickets that do not get renewed for the playoff game. Weather is always a concern late. It does separate the fans from those that just want to fill some Saturday’s up in the fall.

However, I feel like not coming to a home playoff game after supporting a team through the ups and downs of the season as a season ticket holder is a big question mark. To me it would be a lot like going out on a date that had some rough spots, but overall at the end of the night was good enough that she invites you in, you get to third base and just decide to call it a night and see yourself out. It doesn’t make any fucking sense to me.

Latest posts

Back