• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vim's 2022 Montana High School Football Recruiting List

PTGrizzly said:
Paytonlives said:
Zac Crews (Missoula Sentinel) - 6'4", 195 lbs. - TE/DE/OLB (Griz Verbal)

Proved during the AA High School football game that he is the best Athlete in the state.

Crews threw three touchdown passes and rushed for two more. On defense he was a presence with one sack. Blocked punt

And potentially the most racist.

Ya what the hell is he thinking? :?

Paytonlives said:
ilovethecats said:
Ya what the hell is he thinking? :?

???

Just a Twitter post from him making the rounds in which he decided to use the N-word with a gun emoji pointing at a black head emoji.

It’s like some kids don’t know what the internet is.

ilovethecats said:
Paytonlives said:

Just a Twitter post from him making the rounds in which he decided to use the N-word with a gun emoji pointing at a black head emoji.

It was bad. He’s already apologized but I think it’s going to take a lot more than that. His post wasn’t some innocent rap lyric. It was rather disgusting. I hope he’s not condemned for this but he definitely needs to let his actions speak over the next few years.

ilovethecats said:
Paytonlives said:

I think it was actually a Venmo payment and that was his payment note. Basically saying he paid for n’r f’ing with disgusting emojis attached.

Butte High WR/DE commits to state ag:

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/buttes-dylan-snyder-commits-to-montana-state-for-football/article_e230589f-27b8-5611-94cd-56deedfa3b55.amp.html

BDizzle said:
ilovethecats said:

It was bad. He’s already apologized but I think it’s going to take a lot more than that. His post wasn’t some innocent rap lyric. It was rather disgusting. I hope he’s not condemned for this but he definitely needs to let his actions speak over the next few years.
This doesn't go away. Note Bodnar's tweet.

kemajic said:
BDizzle said:

Hey Kem, what did Bodnar tweet? I looked and couldn't find it. Feeling sick over this situation. People make mistakes, but this is a big pill to swallow. I heard about this earlier today and it sounds like some players are pretty upset. What a mess going into next week's game. I hope the Griz team and coaches can quickly deal with this and put it behind them so they care focus on the immediate bogey in front of them.

Griz RTD said:
kemajic said:

Hey Kem, what did Bodnar tweet? I looked and couldn't find it. Feeling sick over this situation. People make mistakes, but this is a big pill to swallow. I heard about this earlier today and it sounds like some players are pretty upset. What a mess going into next week's game. I hope the Griz team and coaches can quickly deal with this and put it behind them so they care focus on the immediate bogey in front of them.
It was in the comments; paraphrasing, "Unacceptable!"

kemajic said:
Griz RTD said:
It was in the comments; paraphrasing, "Unacceptable!"

I don't know how Bodnar could say anything else. The UM president has had three damaging incidents with staff in the last two months, four if you count Rhondie Voorhees, let alone the now decade old problems it continues to work hard to get beyond.
Eventually this conversation about second chances is going to pivot to whether UM has any second (third, fourth, fourteenth) chances left.

If I’m a um decision maker on this (Bodner, Haslam, Hauck), I’d probably offer crews a gray shirt, give him an extensive checklist of things to complete to earn his spot back. Team captains would be involved in creating the checklist. The checklist would obviously include education as well as a team apology.

wbtfg said:
If I’m a um decision maker on this (Bodner, Haslam, Hauck), I’d probably offer crews a gray shirt, give him an extensive checklist of things to complete to earn his spot back. Team captains would be involved in creating the checklist. The checklist would obviously include education as well as a team apology.

This...

Just about everyone I know has said and done stupid things as a teenager. The difference is it wasn't posted and no one can go back and prove anything was said or done. No internet, no video hell even no audio. I am not by any meens defending what he posted it was dumb and offensive. But when Adults start pointing fingers at HS kids I hope they have the ability to look at themselves in the mirror and know with a clean heart they had NEVER said anything racist of sexist or degrading in their whole lives. Its a mistake... a major one. But lets not get out the pitchforks and race ahead to flog a 17 year old for posting an offensive item. If that is the guideline, I doubt 95% of us could pass the same test.

One post does not make a racist. I doubt this is the norm for Crews, if it was he would have never been offered a scholly.

Paytonlives said:
wbtfg said:

This...

Just about everyone I know has said and done stupid things as a teenager. The difference is it wasn't posted and no one can go back and prove anything was said or done. No internet, no video hell even no audio. I am not by any meens defending what he posted it was dumb and offensive. But when Adults start pointing fingers at HS kids I hope they have the ability to look at themselves in the mirror and know with a clean heart they had NEVER said anything racist of sexist or degrading in their whole lives. Its a mistake... a major one. But lets not get out the pitchforks and race ahead to flog a 17 year old for posting an offensive item. If that is the guideline, I doubt 95% of us could pass the same test.

One post does not make a racist. I doubt this is the norm for Crews, if it was he would have never been offered a scholly.
Agreed, when I was in Ninth Grade I said something to a girl in my class that still makes me feel sick to my stomach today. The adult me is still ashamed of the 14 year old me, but I also know I'm wiser now than I was then.

Paytonlives said:
Jake Rendina to Army

https://twitter.com/JakeRendina/status/1465484514591850499

Would have loved him to stay home, but what an accomplishment for the young man. Takes a lot
of work to meet the standards, get the recommendations, and earn the appointment. Congrats to him and his family.

Congratulations to two outstanding legs.

Montana AA Prep Football 2021

KICKER of the YEAR - Casey Kautzman

PUNTER of the YEAR - Patrick Rohrbach

Back