• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Zac Crews Named AA POTY

Status
Not open for further replies.
uofmman1122 said:
kemajic said:
Bodnar's tweet was a reply in the main tweet thread. Unacceptable! Short and sweet.
Did he delete it? Because it's not there anymore.

Not seeing it either. I saw one that said "unacceptable" and tagged Bodnar, but nothing from him.

What he posted was awful, but the cancel culture is out of control. He apologized and said he will show he is not that person. Let him talk to the team if he does come to UM.

AZGrizFan said:
hilinegrizfan said:
+1

lesson is - just don' t be an asshole. don't be an idiot. and most importantly of all, don't be both.

Yes, and EVERY 17-year-old gets that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hell, most 17 year olds are, by definition, idiots. It just expresses itself in different ways...

I think its safe to say most 17 years old have made it through high school without posting something that horrible online for all to see. Specifically one with aspirations to play college football on scholarship. He didn't just call is friend a shithead or make a dick joke or something playful. it was pretty vile and should be treated as such. IMO

Yukon said:
What he posted was awful, but the cancel culture is out of control. He apologized and said he will show he is not that person. Let him talk to the team if he does come to UM.

What’s out of control is the racist culture that somehow led Mr. Crews to believe that what he was saying was ok. I don’t believe for one second it was the first time he has talked like that, just the first time it was publicly exposed. Anyways, it’s not “cancel culture” that will determine whether or not he comes to UM at this point, it’s the coaches and players that will decide if it would be a distraction and potential locker room cancer to have him on the team as well as a decision that must be made potentially by bodner and Haslem in conjunction with the staff and players. The student athletes are ambassadors of the institution they represent, so bodner and Haslem definitely have a say in whether Crews will be attending the university.

grizingatorland said:
Might end up playing at a NAIA or not at all.

...carroll would be a great fit..he wouldn't have to leave...
...they are really good at the whole guilt/forgiveness deal...
...don't want to beat the kid up anymore than he already is...

... :pray:..

Yukon said:

Oh yes, most everyone who makes a similar vile statement says the same thing, "I'm not that person". Well Zac, you said it, and therefore you are that person. Now you have to deal with it, and hopefully grow.

hilinegrizfan said:
AZGrizFan said:
Yes, and EVERY 17-year-old gets that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hell, most 17 year olds are, by definition, idiots. It just expresses itself in different ways...

I think its safe to say most 17 years old have made it through high school without posting something that horrible online for all to see. Specifically one with aspirations to play college football on scholarship. He didn't just call is friend a shithead or make a dick joke or something playful. it was pretty vile and should be treated as such. IMO

I would argue that the emojis were almost if not worse than what he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back