• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Crowd for Friday Night

Anybody else able to get onto Griztix? Been trying to get on to purchase a couple more for the last 4 hours and the site has been down...... I purchased 6 tickets last night and the available tickets was starting to get pretty sparse. Hoping that everything that had been releases was showing up. Looks like it would be 23k plus if all of the available tickets were showing up. Anybody else having any luck getting in?

Just purchased two more tickets with print at home and took less than a few minutes to get confirmation with printed tickets. No problems.

Just taking a quick look at seats still available on Griz Tix, I estimate about 3000 seats remaining if the site is correctly showing all available.
With 2 days left to sell tickets, I would guess Friday night attendance to be around 23,000.
For a playoff crowd, WGS should be very loud compared to the regular season crowds (other than the Brawl).
Bring on the Eagles…..
Go Griz!

GottaluvGriz said:
Just taking a quick look at seats still available on Griz Tix, I estimate about 3000 seats remaining if the site is correctly showing all available.
With 2 days left to sell tickets, I would guess Friday night attendance to be around 23,000.
For a playoff crowd, WGS should be very loud compared to the regular season crowds (other than the Brawl).
Bring on the Eagles…..
Go Griz!

That will be AMAZING! Hell, when we get 18k good fans in there for playoffs, it’s loud as hell. If we get 23k in there it will be rocking like it was last time.

GottaluvGriz said:
Bring on the Eagles…..
Go Griz!

AWESOME! The birds are going to be like WTF is this!!

As of Wednesday morning, the Adams Center Ticket office reports that well over 21,000 seats have been sold to Friday night's Griz vs. Eastern Washington game. Those of us who have a history of attending playoff games know that that figure is getting close to entering the rarefied air belonging to several of Montana's most well-attended playoff home games. And we still have two days to go!
:shock:
Read More: Playoff Fever! Montana Grizzly Football Ticket Sales Update | https://newstalkkgvo.com/montana-grizzly-football-playoff-ticket-sales/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Good sales so far! Hope it finishes strong. Would be curious to know what the largest playoff crowd has been for us. ‘08 Weber, ‘09 App, ‘11 UNI are what come to mind. I bet if we had the addition of the ‘06 UMASS game, it’d be up there too.

RainierGriz said:
Good sales so far! Hope it finishes strong. Would be curious to know what the largest playoff crowd has been for us. ‘08 Weber, ‘09 App, ‘11 UNI are what come to mind. I bet if we had the addition of the ‘06 UMASS game, it’d be up there too.

get'em_griz said:
Hoping we top 23k for attendance on Friday night. It would be fantastic if we could top 24k.

I did a quick look back at our attendance numbers for home games since 2009 and here's what we managed:

24,207 vs App State (Semifinal) 2009
23,049 vs UNI (Quarterfinal) 2011
22,438 vs SFA (Quarterfinal) 2009
22,005 vs Central Arkansas (First Round) 2011
21,583 vs Weber State (Quarterfinal) 2008
19,489 vs Texas State (First Round) 2008
19,197 vs South Dakota St (First Round) 2009
17,345 vs Coastal Carolina (Second Round) 2013
16,550 vs SE Louisiana (Second Round) 2019
14,575 vs South Dakota St (First Round) 2015
14,018 vs San Diego (First Round) 2014

*Bold = Night Game

Bear Axed said:
RainierGriz said:

get'em_griz said:
Hoping we top 23k for attendance on Friday night. It would be fantastic if we could top 24k.

I did a quick look back at our attendance numbers for home games since 2009 and here's what we managed:

24,207 vs App State (Semifinal) 2009
23,049 vs UNI (Quarterfinal) 2011
22,438 vs SFA (Quarterfinal) 2009
22,005 vs Central Arkansas (First Round) 2011
21,583 vs Weber State (Quarterfinal) 2008
19,489 vs Texas State (First Round) 2008
19,197 vs South Dakota St (First Round) 2009
17,345 vs Coastal Carolina (Second Round) 2013
16,550 vs SE Louisiana (Second Round) 2019
14,575 vs South Dakota St (First Round) 2015
14,018 vs San Diego (First Round) 2014

*Bold = Night Game

You've listed 11 playoff games. I attended eight of those (just TV for Central Ark, Weber St, and Texas State).

I swear the loudest of these was the comeback versus So. Dakota State in 2009. We fell in a huge hole in the first half and many of the "fans" bailed at halftime and never returned. After SDSU scored again in the 3rd quarter more fans were shed. I was sitting in a largely empty South Endzone with my boys and told them to remember the Grizzlies still had a chance. Then when Mariani returned the kick for a TD it was loud!

As they guys on defense dialed it up more and shut the Bunnies down after that, the crowd responded. It built and built. By late in the fourth quarter it seemed we had 40,000 in the stadium not the actual 14,000 or so who remained. App State, and other games stand out, but that was phenomenally LOUD for how few fans we actually had remaining there. Though today you'll probably have 30,000 who claimed they were there and stayed to watch the unbelievable finish.

Friday, make me change that statement to, "The loudest" I every experienced was Eastern Washington in 2021! Let's kick those Red Commies back to Cheney with broken hearts and permanent hearing loss! They deserve to be seeded on their couch to watch the rest of the playoffs.
Go Griz! :ugeek:

Grizzlies1982 said:

You've listed 11 playoff games. I attended eight of those (just TV for Central Ark, Weber St, and Texas State).

I swear the loudest of these was the comeback versus So. Dakota State in 2009. We fell in a huge hole in the first half and many of the "fans" bailed at halftime and never returned. After SDSU scored again in the 3rd quarter more fans were shed. I was sitting in a largely empty South Endzone with my boys and told them to remember the Grizzlies still had a chance. Then when Mariani returned the kick for a TD it was loud!

As they guys on defense dialed it up more and shut the Bunnies down after that, the crowd responded. It built and built. By late in the fourth quarter it seemed we had 40,000 in the stadium not the actual 14,000 or so who remained. App State, and other games stand out, but that was phenomenally LOUD for how few fans we actually had remaining there. Though today you'll probably have 30,000 who claimed they were there and stayed to watch the unbelievable finish.

Friday, make me change that statement to, "The loudest" I every experienced was Eastern Washington in 2021! Let's kick those Red Commies back to Cheney with broken hearts and permanent hearing loss! They deserve to be seeded on their couch to watch the rest of the playoffs.

Yes to all of this! So pumped for Friday. Of that list I missed the Texas state, SFA, and San Diego games

Over 21,000 tickets have been sold as of this morning! :clap:

https://newstalkkgvo.com/montana-grizzly-football-playoff-ticket-sales/?fbclid=IwAR1Pr7O0smU3je-QrVW8crV1NnothqOEfUNzKrI59VWlXW6DINM6KPBEHtA

get'em_griz said:
Over 21,000 tickets have been sold as of this morning! :clap:

https://newstalkkgvo.com/montana-grizzly-football-playoff-ticket-sales/?fbclid=IwAR1Pr7O0smU3je-QrVW8crV1NnothqOEfUNzKrI59VWlXW6DINM6KPBEHtA

This is great news...I wish I could be there...but it's not in the cards. My boy Josh Lewis from Helena will be there though...and he is loud AF!!! Makes up for at least 5 dudes!

Grizzlies1982 said:

The 2009 SDSU comeback was incredible, but I still think the loudest ever was:

18,523 vs. SFA (Semifinal) 1995

It was such a new experience to be in that position and the crowd was screaming at top of its lungs. The 70-14 victory speaks for itself.

Hoping for that kind of noise Friday. Do it.

Grizzlies1982 said:

I was at that game and every other home playoff game we’ve had at WaGriz. Absolutely one of my favorites. We were behind the Griz bench. When Mariani ran that one back we looked across the field and we could see it in the bunnies eyes. They knew what was coming.

As I remember Hauck said “we drew that one up in the dirt”. I also remember it being said that in the locker room at halftime Hauck said “ anybody in this room that doesn’t think we are going to win this game don’t come out for the second half”.

Now that’s Montana Football! Fantastic!

wyomingriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
Holy shit already 21k tickets sold! I truly thought we’d be around 19k. This is incredible!

That’s awesome! Where do you you get that information?

Grizzlies1982 said:

The two games SDSU & App St. wHere Kieth Thompson decleating the HUGE Tight End, then Cline (?) of App state! The Fisher boy did OK too!

LOUDEST?
Help me out here. The EWU game, can't remember the year, Griz up by a point or two, EWU driving into the North Endzone. NEZ crazies really came to life, and I was one of them. As I remember, EWU was first and goal, but NEZ got so damn loud, it caused EWU penalty after penalty pushing them back to about mid-field, where they had fourth and goal, ending up stopped just short of the goal line. Came out of there with ears ringing and a raspy voice. Still can't hear worth a damn.

If the availability chart on GrizTix is correct this time after updating the non-claimed season tickets, there are now about 2200 seats available. 400 on the West, 1300 in the NEZ, 425 on the East, and 80 in the SEZ.

Back