• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GFP - playoff edition, with guest Colt Palmer

BWahlberg said:
Alright egriz - we've got the latest GFP up. The first 1:50 or so we had Colt Palmer who was a player from 2001 - 2004. He shares so much cool information. How his team would pay attention to an opponent who talks a little too much before the game. How a week of playoff prep looks like. Things that brought players together as a family. His ongoing disdain for all things Bobcats. And much more. We ask Mike if he's the Mack Daddy of James's youth team, we offer up that my dad could write a doctors note for people to get friday afternoon off for work, and on an on. It was a great pod - I think you'll all really like it. Tweet link here - I'm going to grab a few snippets and post them below as well.

https://twitter.com/GrizFanPod/status/1465808043216543746

Look forward to listening every week. Thanks for what you do...

I always seem to miss the tread that asks for questions, so if you don't mind, I have a question for James for your next recording, whenever that may be...

James, other than your dad, who is your favorite Griz Fan Poder? This can also be one of the may guests that you have had over the season(s).

BWahlberg said:
My understanding too is there’s a big discrepancy between downloads and listens + people who don’t listen all the way thru as well. It’s all really odd.

I can say - this years GFP is by far the most listened to / downloaded we’ve ever had. It’s more than tripled in activity over the last few years

I think those are good metrics. If you get regular sponsors, let me know, I'll voice over your ads for free, so you can maintain that ethical/professional distance.
Go Griz!

BWahlberg said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I’m just kidding around, B-Double. You guys are awesome. I tell everyone I can about the GFP. I mean, I do it to a fault. Like, I’ve convinced (coerced?) a USC fan and a Stanford fan to listen to an episode. I think the USC fan still listens. For anyone who follows FCS FB, it’s a must listen. Thanks for doing it.

Oh for sure! It was funny the other day at a gas station I'm buying a soda and a snack and a guy who I don't know sees me and says, "3 hour pod this week?" :lol: Haha pretty awesome, we can tell the pod's getting some great traction.

Well, I was going to ask you if you planned to eat the entire box of donuts and drink the whole 2L Mountain Dew, but I was trying to be polite, so I asked about the pod.

Jk, that’s awesome.

CDAGRIZ said:
BWahlberg said:
Oh for sure! It was funny the other day at a gas station I'm buying a soda and a snack and a guy who I don't know sees me and says, "3 hour pod this week?" :lol: Haha pretty awesome, we can tell the pod's getting some great traction.

Well, I was going to ask you if you planned to eat the entire box of donuts and drink the whole 2L Mountain Dew, but I was trying to be polite, so I asked about the pod.

Jk, that’s awesome.

By soda he meant a tall boy high gravity malt liquor. By snacks, he meant a can of Zyn. It's the realtor power meal when they're zeroing in on a deal.

Loved listening to Colt Palmer.

At around the 1hr 15 min mark he is talking about winning the Natty and going back to his Nebraska buddies and lording it over them. Also talked a little bit about how important that 2001 NC was to him.

If you get a member of that 2001 team on the pod again, I would love to hear you ask them about moving up to FBS. It would be a great perspective.

MontanaJack2006 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Jk, that’s awesome.

By soda he meant a tall boy high gravity malt liquor. By snacks, he meant a can of Zyn. It's the realtor power meal when they're zeroing in on a deal.

That is the meal of a guy who doesn’t split commish. “Halfsies? No. Wholsies.” Respect.

I began listening after the UW game and this pod has really drawn me back closer to the program aster some dormancy post-Pflu.

This week my favorite part was when Colt began saying “No disrespect to JLM, Flowers, Sulser, but the greatest returner we’ve had was…”

I said “LV” the exact second Mike did. :lol: :thumb:

By the way, Colt’s whole interview, particularly the winter conditioning stories, was fascinating.

Schmidt’s detailed tell all of what happens in the tunnel, too.

Spotify wrapped where you at

Know him personally. Very humble and solid dude. Great family man. Great sense of humor and personality. Proud to know him. This is good stuff!

Back