• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How Many Years In a Row Now?

AZGrizFan

DONOR
Sac State twice…..
SUU before that…

It’s just getting freaking old to have the “conference champ” auto bid go to a team that has the softest schedule. Sac didn’t play EWU, MSU or Weber, then went into the playoffs as the 4 seed and got rolled. Again. Just like SUU did before them….

The conference has GOT to do something about the schedule/# of teams….

AZGrizFan said:
Sac State twice…..
SUU before that…

It’s just getting freaking old to have the “conference champ” auto bid go to a team that has the softest schedule. Sac didn’t play EWU, MSU or Weber, then went into the playoffs as the 4 seed and got rolled. Again. Just like SUU did before them….

It is what it is, unless several schools decide to leave on their own.

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
Sac State twice…..
SUU before that…

Can we pay SUU to take 4-5 with them? :lol: :lol:

It just is NOT a good look for the conference, and I’m not sure why they think it is.

So what do you want the conference to do about it? Require everyone play one of the “big 4”? Well Sac st played the Griz and won. So they beat everyone put in front of them in conference. They lost by 5 to SDSU…runner up in the spring, brought most back…and preseason #3 I believe. Yes they were 8-4, but if you’re talking about good teams, they are one of them. Look I agree it is ridiculous, but what do you propose is done about it?

AZGrizFan said:
Sac State twice…..
SUU before that…

So true. The only good team they played was UM besides Cal. And they got us at a good time due to injuries. In fact without injuries there is a good chance we would be undefeated.

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

It just is NOT a good look for the conference, and I’m not sure why they think it is.

I also don't believe they got rolled. Sac was the better team in the second half and had chances, they just couldn't dig out of the hole.

#bsc.

There are options. The most obvious is to go back to the original conference rules and say you must be a bsc member in all sports offered. That would blow up the CA teams.

A better option would be to install attendance requirements. This will never happen because, well, bsc. But if you can’t draw 6000 to football or 2000 to BB you have no business in a DI conference.

Bottom line is, the bsc brass fucked this up and put us in this position. They get paid big, big money to fix it. So fix it.

EverettGriz said:
#bsc.

There are options. The most obvious is to go back to the original conference rules and say you must be a bsc member in all sports offered. That would blow up the CA teams.

A better option would be to install attendance requirements. This will never happen because, well, bsc. But if you can’t draw 6000 to football or 2000 to BB you have no business in a DI conference.

Bottom line is, the bsc brass f###[#] this up and put us in this position. They get paid big, big money to fix it. So fix it.

Your attendance rant is lame. Attendance should have zero weight in determining whether a school should or shouldn't be in the conference, or division.

Honestly, I’m not sold it really matters. Just makes the big sky championship completely worthless. If we win every game we play I guarantee we are a top 2-3 seed.
It’s not like we can’t get in because we didn’t get the auto bid.

Mousegriz said:
Let's see if the Big Sky can get one of 5 teams into the final four? Not a good look if it can't.

I think it looks fine. You have 2 teams the will be underdogs on the road. If they win, it is a huge plus, but if they don't, it isn't a negative.

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:

I also don't believe they got rolled. Sac was the better team in the second half and had chances, they just couldn't dig out of the hole.

If only they counted each half separately, right? :lol:

dupuyer griz said:
Honestly, I’m not sold it really matters. Just makes the big sky championship completely worthless. If we win every game we play I guarantee we are a top 2-3 seed.

It matters to how the BSC is viewed outside the BSC, for sure. And having your “conference champ” be 1 and done 3-4 years in a row is a bad look. IMHO.

AZGrizFan said:
dupuyer griz said:

It matters to how the BSC is viewed outside the BSC, for sure. And having your “conference champ” be 1 and done 3-4 years in a row is a bad look. IMHO.
Hasn’t stopped them from throwing 4-5 teams in every year.

HelenaHandBasket said:
EverettGriz said:
#bsc.

Bottom line is, the bsc brass f###[#] this up and put us in this position. They get paid big, big money to fix it. So fix it.

Your attendance rant is lame. Attendance should have zero weight in determining whether a school should or shouldn't be in the conference, or division.

Right. Because why would the ability to pay your bills ever matter?

AZGrizFan said:
Sac State twice…..
SUU before that…

Agreed.

You guys kicked our a$$ so I may be biased but UM should have been a 4 seed, MSU a 7, ewu 8. Sac SOS was garbage and that should factor into it….

Back