• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How Many Years In a Row Now?

Mousegriz said:
Let's see if the Big Sky can get one of 5 teams into the final four? Not a good look if it can't.
Why? We're the #6 and #8 teams playing two of the best teams in the country on the road.

SHSU is undefeated in the playoffs at home.

This isn't the JMU team of the last few years, but they're still gonna be heavily favored.

If the Big Sky had the top 3 seeds and didn't get a single semifinalist, that would be a bad look. We're fine.

uofmman1122 said:
Mousegriz said:
Let's see if the Big Sky can get one of 5 teams into the final four? Not a good look if it can't.
Why? We're the #6 and #8 teams playing two of the best teams in the country on the road.

This isn't the JMU team of the last few years, but they're still gonna be heavily favored.

If the Big Sky had the top 3 seeds and didn't get a single semifinalist, that would be a bad look. We're fine.

Yes, we’re the #6 and #8 teams. Because our CHAMP got sent home in the first round. AGAIN.

But hey, no problem.

EverettGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Your attendance rant is lame. Attendance should have zero weight in determining whether a school should or shouldn't be in the conference, or division.

Right. Because why would the ability to pay your bills ever matter?

Well attendance isn't the only way that they can generate money to pay bills. Seems that most BSC teams are getting by fine.

AZGrizFan said:
uofmman1122 said:

Yes, we’re the #6 and #8 teams. Because our CHAMP got sent home in the first round. AGAIN.

But hey, no problem.

Actually it was the second round, but so what. If the Griz don't shit the bed, then it wouldn't have been an issue come selection day.

AZGrizFan said:
uofmman1122 said:

But hey, no problem.
Yeah, I've made my feelings known about Sac State on here. To be fair, they had the single worst draw in the 2nd round and actually kept it more respectable at the end than I thought they would.

It's just something that's gonna keep happening in this bloated conference, unfortunately.

AZGrizFan said:
Sac didn’t play EWU, MSU or Weber, then went into the playoffs as the 4 seed and got rolled.
Got rolled, really? Lost by 5 due to early TOs and penalties and dominated the stats. Did not allow a 2nd half score by SDSU and had them on the ropes at the end. I have a different definition of "rolled."

They played Montana on the road and won. They "rolled" then ranked UCD also on the road. Stuck with an unbalanced schedule, we should not hold the conf. championship in high regard. Right or wrong, FCS is about playoffs, the bracketing of which is not any better than reg. season scheduling. #8 seed MSU got about the easiest draw of the seeds. The winners beat who's put in front of them without whining about who it is.

HelenaHandBasket said:
EverettGriz said:

Well attendance isn't the only way that they can generate money to pay bills. Seems that most BSC teams are getting by fine.

They are?? Huh.

I wonder why, then, one of the top football and basketball programs recently concluded a study concerning whether they needed to drop to DII in order to survive.

EverettGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

They are?? Huh.

I wonder why, then, one of the top football and basketball programs recently concluded a study concerning whether they needed to drop to DII in order to survive.

And it seems that they found they could survive. And if you want to use Eastern as the baseline, the BSC will end up with like 4 schools and the FCS would barely exist overall.

HelenaHandBasket said:
EverettGriz said:
They are?? Huh.

And it seems that they found they could survive. And if you want to use Eastern as the baseline, the BSC will end up with like 4 schools and the FCS would barely exist overall.

YES!! That is PRECISELY the point!!

EverettGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

YES!! That is PRECISELY the point!!

You realize that stance does nothing to help Montana.

EverettGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Your attendance rant is lame. Attendance should have zero weight in determining whether a school should or shouldn't be in the conference, or division.

Actually the most immediate solution to crown a conference champ for an unbalanced schedule would be to award the conference champion to whichever conference team finishes ranked the highest.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
Sac didn’t play EWU, MSU or Weber, then went into the playoffs as the 4 seed and got rolled.
Got rolled, really? Lost by 5 due to early TOs and penalties and dominated the stats. Did not allow a 2nd half score by SDSU and had them on the ropes at the end. I have a different definition of "rolled."

They played Montana on the road and won. They "rolled" then ranked UCD also on the road. Stuck with an unbalanced schedule, we should not hold the conf. championship in high regard. Right or wrong, FCS is about playoffs, the bracketing of which is not any better than reg. season scheduling. #8 seed MSU got about the easiest draw of the seeds. The winners beat who's put in front of them without whining about who it is.

I’m not whining about our draw. Couldn’t care less. you gotta beat the best to be the best. I’m “whining” (i guess) about the image of the BSC when every. Stinking. Year. The “champ” who usually has skated through without playing most/all of the top teams, gets taken out in their first game (first round, 2nd round, whatever). IMHO it diminishes the impression of the BSC as a whole, and may actually affect seeding in general. Think about it: our AUTOBID got the #4 seed. IOW, the BSC champ was viewed as the 4th best conference winner overall by the committee….you think if they’d played MSU, EWU & Weber and STILL had that record they’d have a 4 seed?

I don’t. And I also think they’d still be playing.

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

I’m not whining about our draw. Couldn’t care less. you gotta beat the best to be the best. I’m “whining” (i guess) about the image of the BSC when every. Stinking. Year. The “champ” who usually has skated through without playing most/all of the top teams, gets taken out in their first game (first round, 2nd round, whatever). IMHO it diminishes the impression of the BSC as a whole, and may actually affect seeding in general. Think about it: our AUTOBID got the #4 seed. IOW, the BSC champ was viewed as the 4th best conference winner overall by the committee….you think if they’d played MSU, EWU & Weber and STILL had that record they’d have a 4 seed?

That's quite a rant with no realistic recommendation to fix what's wrong. Especially when there's no realistic fix for what's wrong.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:

That's quite a rant with no realistic recommendation to fix what's wrong. Especially when there's no realistic fix for what's wrong.

I don’t get paid to fix what’s wrong. If I did, i wouldn’t have posted my OP.

There ARE people who get paid lots of money to fix what’s wrong. Perhaps it’s they who should do something?

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

There ARE people who get paid lots of money to fix what’s wrong. Perhaps it’s they who should do something?

You assume that they believe it is an issue, or at the very least, an issue that even has a realistic fix.

No idea how to fix it. But, I WOULD like to see us win the Big Sky again before I get cancer and die. 12 years is a long time.....

Then again, I think I would settle for leaving Frisco with some hard ware this year...

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:

You assume that they believe it is an issue, or at the very least, an issue that even has a realistic fix.

Actually I assume the opposite. I have to believe if THEY thought it was an issue, they’d attempt to do something about it. Yet here we are….like deja vu all over again….

Back