• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Conference Realignment: Here we go again

Butte5518 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
We need some more culture and trajectory if we expect to be blown out and embarrassed on ESPN+ at 9am. We need things like these:

Shit Pond
Murder
Meth dealing
Firing the best coach you've ever had
Extending the worst coach you've had since Hysell because of one game
Horrible decisions
AD that quits within 12 hours
No QB forever
Modular stadium
Whatever that ACL-tearing turf thing was when the logos looked like US Open rough
Bobcat Batter
Blue Bobcat Cup
Rust
Roofs collapsing
Players on shitters
Jiffy Lube/BAC
C.A.T.S.

Naaaa - in order to play in the last game of the season, you just need to actually win more games in the non-competitive conference where you fail to compete!

Again, I didn't see any "playing of football" from the Bobs at 9am. I saw a scared team that didn't belong in the championship, and they pissed down their legs, as they always do. Hang your banner and extend Sixx's contract. :thumb:

CDAGRIZ said:
Butte5518 said:
Naaaa - in order to play in the last game of the season, you just need to actually win more games in the non-competitive conference where you fail to compete!

Again, I didn't see any "playing of football" from the Bobs at 9am. I saw a scared team that didn't belong in the championship, and they pissed down their legs, as they always do. Hang your banner and extend Sixx's contract. :thumb:

And yet you watched... you watched the Cats play in a Nationally televised game, and even though they were beaten, much like the Griz in the vast majority of their "hay-day" seasons, at least they were there leaving it on the field... And yet you watched... green with envy, jealous beyond belief with your only excitement that day when a 30 second ad that cost the UM 100k plus came on trying to highlight the 2nd biggest university in the state... :thumb:

Butte5518 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

And yet you watched... you watched the Cats play in a Nationally televised game, and even though they were beaten, much like the Griz in the vast majority of their "hay-day" seasons, at least they were there leaving it on the field... And yet you watched... green with envy, jealous beyond belief with your only excitement that day when a 30 second ad that cost the UM 100k plus came on trying to highlight the 2nd biggest university in the state... :thumb:

I caught the first quarter and the most of the fourth quarter. I didn't get to see most of that embarrassment. I have to admit it was cool to see the gutty lil' Bobcats try to act like they belonged. It was a cute effort.

uofmman1122 said:
Butte5518 said:
I laugh EVERY year this topic comes up. The Griz Fan demands to jump up in competition even though they have not even sniffed at a conference championship since 2011. :thumb: :clap:
Conference titles have nothing to do with it, but our title drought is literally 1 year longer than yours, so I'm not sure that's the angle I'd go with on this one if I were you.
I can see why Bubcats would have such a defeatists attitude toward the move-up topic like this loser. Can you imagine getting smashed by the same team to end your season three years in a row and each game being at least a 4 TD blowout? And each game getting worse than the prior one?
After getting trucked by the buffaloes once again, it is clearly evident they are obviously not at that level yet, not ready for the big time, and really light-years away from moving up.
The best part is, after each year’s annual trucking, bubfat fans think the next year will be different. :lol: When in reality, the gap is widening, the cats were actually worse this year, and the only difference was the buffs took their foot off the gas

Butte5518 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Actually I got a little tickle every time NDSU scored or their RB trucked another ‘scat defender. :lol: :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
Please elaborate on why it would not be beneficial for the conference to invite Montana. Love to hear the logic on that one.

Conferences don’t make money on your ability to fill the stands. They make money on broadcast revenue. Montana isn’t exactly heavily populated.

OR… they accept you if they’re desperate… which was Boise State and Idaho’s ticket into the Big West, then into the WAC. The loss of both conferences means the Mountain West has to be plundered by a lot more than two schools to be desperate. (Things could have been interesting if Colorado State and Air Force had accepted an invitation to the American, alas…) Then there’s the matter of Sac State, a big enough underserved market with larger markets around it, and while the facilities are generally crap, their bigger problem would be getting Fresno State’s buy-in. But with Conference USA in trouble, the Mountain West doesn’t necessarily have to be desperate if 2 schools leave.

But if you want Conference USA, don’t expect a football-only invitation. That will cost more money than it’s worth (all the other sports). Good luck with that.

garizzalies said:
uofmman1122 said:
Conference titles have nothing to do with it, but our title drought is literally 1 year longer than yours, so I'm not sure that's the angle I'd go with on this one if I were you.
I can see why Bubcats would have such a defeatists attitude toward the move-up topic like this loser. Can you imagine getting smashed by the same team to end your season three years in a row and each game being at least a 4 TD blowout? And each game getting worse than the prior one?
After getting trucked by the buffaloes once again, it is clearly evident they are obviously not at that level yet, not ready for the big time, and really light-years away from moving up.
The best part is, after each year’s annual trucking, bubfat fans think the next year will be different. :lol: When in reality, the gap is widening, the cats were actually worse this year, and the only difference was the buffs took their foot off the gas

Yep they are a very good team with quite a dynasty... Funny thing is, each time the cats were on the field still playing as discussed above... The arrogant Griz fan was at home, defeated and watching it on TV

Butte5518 said:
garizzalies said:

Yep they are a very good team with quite a dynasty... Funny thing is, each time the cats were on the field still playing as discussed above... The arrogant Griz fan was at home, defeated and watching it on TV
Dude, I’m not even convinced MS-poo was the second best team in MT. Probably third behind Western. cat/Griz was never close and wasn’t even competitive from the first play of the game.

Thus, the Cants were the worst FCS runner-up in history and the worst team to ever host a semi-final game. Fact!

Yet here you are to crow about it.
And you have the gall to call us arrogant?!?
61ss3v.jpg

garizzalies said:
Butte5518 said:
Dude, I’m not even convinced MS-poo was the second best team in MT. Probably third behind Western. cat/Griz was never close and wasn’t even competitive from the first play of the game.

Thus, the Cants were the worst FCS runner-up in history and the worst team to ever host a semi-final game. Fact!

61ss3v.jpg

What the hell is that jackass doing back here? Did someone order a pastel T-shirt with a floral pattern on it for their grandma?

Butte5518 said:
uofmman1122 said:

Reminding you that the Cats did in fact play in the last game of the FCS season, i was just laughing at the notion that the arrogant Griz fan might want to have just a LITTLE recent success prior to crying like stuck pigs that there is no competition in the Big Sky... Hate to tell you this, but it takes more than "Atmosphere, Pageantry and a good Tailgate" to move up to FBS.... it takes the ability to actually compete!! :clap: :clap:

BTW, there are no 9 page blogs on Bobcat Nation whining to move up!!
And you got BTFO against us head to head. "2nd" in the nation and 2nd in the state. Congrats.

But again, conference titles have no correlation to move-up success.

And there aren't interesting, contentious threads on that site because the mods lock everything that's even remotely fun to talk about. "You guys are obsessed! There aren't any threads about the Griz on the Bobcat board!" you guys constantly say, meanwhile every time someone mentions the Griz on there, they immediately lock and delete the thread. :lol:

uofmman1122 said:
Butte5518 said:
Reminding you that the Cats did in fact play in the last game of the FCS season, i was just laughing at the notion that the arrogant Griz fan might want to have just a LITTLE recent success prior to crying like stuck pigs that there is no competition in the Big Sky... Hate to tell you this, but it takes more than "Atmosphere, Pageantry and a good Tailgate" to move up to FBS.... it takes the ability to actually compete!! :clap: :clap:

And you got BTFO against us head to head. "2nd" in the nation and 2nd in the state. Congrats.

But again, conference titles have no correlation to move-up success.

And there aren't interesting, contentious threads on that site because the mods lock everything that's even remotely fun to talk about. "You guys are obsessed! There aren't any threads about the Griz on the Bobcat board!" you guys constantly say, meanwhile every time someone mentions the Griz on there, they immediately lock and delete the thread. :lol:

I don’t venture over there very often at all, but when I do, it seems like a group of hobos having a soup kitchen in a Prius. I heard one guy got band for saying he was a dog person.

Butte5518 said:

There are no 9 page blogs on ‘Scat nation about…well….anything, really. Except maybe the players on the outhouses or the trail of tears.

Ursa Major said:
garizzalies said:

61ss3v.jpg

What the hell is that jackass doing back here? Did someone order a pastel T-shirt with a floral pattern on it for their grandma?
I couldn’t help it; I went to his website and I’m pretty sure he is too cheap to hire apparel models, so I bet some of the pics are of him.
Wonder what his Bubfat buddies would think if they knew he was slinging boutique soaps including one called the happy hippie which is sold out of stock:

s778404778650058736_p1659_i2_w1920.jpeg

Normally, I’d add the link but I don’t want to push clicks on this site because of this dbag troll—even if it’s not the same guy. Why would bobcat fans purposely alienate well over half its customer base in the state? I don’t get it; this is like the 20th example of this crap business plan from one of them.

garizzalies said:
Ursa Major said:
I couldn’t help it; I went to his website and I’m pretty sure he is too cheap to hire apparel models, so I bet some of the pics are of him.
Wonder what his Bubfat buddies would think if they knew he was slinging boutique soaps including one called the happy hippie which is sold out of stock:

s778404778650058736_p1659_i2_w1920.jpeg

Normally, I’d add the link but I don’t want to push clicks on this site because of this dbag troll—even if it’s not the same guy. Why would bobcat fans purposely alienate well over half its customer base in the state? I don’t get it; this is like the 20th example of this crap business plan from one of them.

B7-B46-CC5-2-AAC-46-ED-8427-A7-CA8430-D2-D5.jpg

Butte5518 said:
garizzalies said:

And all of the cat fans still couldn't get the Griz out of their heads

AZGrizFan said:
Butte5518 said:

Actually I got a little tickle every time NDSU scored or their RB trucked another ‘scat defender. :lol: :lol:

I believe it was one of the bison early scores where RB clearly scored and THEN leveled the defender :lol: .

Butte5518 said:
garizzalies said:

Now that's a stretch unless you count with your self.

Interesting article, SDSU AD Justin Sell suggests a 70 scollie football league. Geographic challenges will always remain for UM, but would improve competition over current Big Sky.
Sell suggestion at the very end of the piece.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/2022/01/08/fcs-college-football-ndsu-dominating-others-leaving-whats-future-league-usd-sdsu-ndsu-ncaa-analysis/9110961002/

RVF said:
Interesting article, SDSU AD Justin Sell suggests a 70 scollie football league. Geographic challenges will always remain for UM, but would improve competition over current Big Sky.
Sell suggestion at the very end of the piece.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/2022/01/08/fcs-college-football-ndsu-dominating-others-leaving-whats-future-league-usd-sdsu-ndsu-ncaa-analysis/9110961002/

Thanks for the article RVF.

I like the idea of a 70 scholarship league. But I think it may be a difficult sell to many in the Group of Five. Leagues like the MAC would love it, but if, say, MWC teams don’t buy in, it’d still be a glorified FCS.

fanofzoo said:
AZGrizFan said:

I believe it was one of the bison early scores where RB clearly scored and THEN leveled the defender :lol: .
Chase Reynolds did that against MSU in '08 and when the defender thought he would retaliate, J.D. Quinn was right there to remind him of consequences of such a stupid reflex. Rob Ash whined all the next week to the press and the BSC about such nasty intimidation.

Back