• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How Does NDSU Stay Dominate for 10 years?

krammer said:
CDAGRIZ said:
There’s a chance he runs and passes zero times by then because Sixx the Genius will have tried to run him 35 times per game all season.

cdagriz is right....the chance that Tommy ever plays a last game of a regular season is not good.

Merlot on November 19, 2022.

97-D785-C9-7-D99-4-DBF-882-F-DFC55441-D41-F.jpg

grizfnz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
LMFAO…..remind me again. When is the last time Montana played in a National Championship game? Who was playing in the National Championship this year? Montana State or Montana? Do you really think the 11/20 game would have been the same result if Tommy was playing?

Do you know why Brett Vigen is a better coach than Bobby Hauck? He has actually won National Championships and realizes the season is much larger than one game vs a rival. Bobby will never win the big game because his entire focus is on the Cats.

Look at the head to head records of Montana vs EWU and Montana State this last decade. Look at the number of playoff wins, conference championships etc.

The entire momentum is in Montana State’s favor right now, regardless of the outcome that occurred on 11/20.

When exactly did Viggen win a championship as a head coach?
You do realize that Hauck wasn’t coaching at UM for the majority of the head to head, playoff and conference title records you reference for the last decade?
If Viggen is such a great coach, why did it take him until after 11/20 to pull the qb switch. McKay had been on a downward trajectory the prior two games?

Brent Vigen has 3 championship rings at the FCS level. I don’t care if he was the offensive coordinator. He knows what it takes to get it done on the main stage. I don’t know why he waited. Maybe McKay had a phenomenal week of practice. What I do know is it was ultimately irrelevant. Brent had his team in the National Championship game in January while Bobby Hauck and was sitting on his ass and watching it from home.

ilovethecats said:
uofmman1122 said:
I agree with everything you said, but was responding to the assertion that "had Tommy played", the cats would've won (made by the byzon boi). Just pointing out that he did in fact play, and that even though Vigen "is a better coach than Bobby Hauck", he stuck with the guy that couldn't get it done, anyway.

Also, while I've got you here, outside of the 1 drive that ended in a field goal, Mellott was 5 attempts for 7 yards the rest of the game, for a 1.4 yard average. But you're right, you guys needed to throw, which is why you came back in 2018 solely on the arm (and not the legs) of Troy Andersen. ;)
The irony of this conversation is on BN myself and a couple others are getting hammered pretty good for suggesting the loss of Tommy wasn't the biggest factor in that blowout loss. Yes, it was devastating. Yes I think we would have fared better with him in all game. And yes, you could feel our bubbles burst as soon as he limped into the tent. It sucked, and I hate seeing kids leave with injury.

But the way they manhandled us in the trenches, I'm not convinced anyone at the QB position could have overcome that. I say all that to make it clear I'm not suggesting Tommy at QB would have beat you guys. Personally I would have loved him starting but that's another thing all together.

I agree. It was 35-0 and the Bison were averaging 10 YPC when they took the foot off the peddle. That defense the Bobcats faced was historically good. In fact the best the Bison had produced in the D1 era (statistically speaking). Tommy or no Tommy, the Bobcats were completely outmatched and the outcome would have been the same.

Montana game on the other hand …..I think it would have been a significant difference had the playoff Tommy been playing against the Griz. McKay was flat out terrible in that game.

2011BisonAlumni said:
grizfnz said:
When exactly did Viggen win a championship as a head coach?
You do realize that Hauck wasn’t coaching at UM for the majority of the head to head, playoff and conference title records you reference for the last decade?
If Viggen is such a great coach, why did it take him until after 11/20 to pull the qb switch. McKay had been on a downward trajectory the prior two games?

Brent Vigen has 3 championship rings at the FCS level. I don’t care if he was the offensive coordinator. He knows what it takes to get it done on the main stage. I don’t know why he waited. Maybe McKay had a phenomenal week of practice. What I do know is it was ultimately irrelevant. Brent had his team in the National Championship game in January while Bobby Hauck and was sitting on his ass and watching it from home.

$10 bucks says one of Coach Sixx’s rings is zip tied to his Craftsman pressure washer to act as a spacer for the hand wand holder. Another’s lost and the third was hawked to help with a down payment for a Peruvian timeshare that Honey Bear hates.

CDAGRIZ said:
uofmman1122 said:
Tommy was extremely effective running the ball in the playoffs, and if he had managed to be effective running in the Brawl, he would've done it a lot more. The idea that Tommy would've been more effective throwing jump balls against UM's corners is a fun thought for cat fans to stew over, but I don't think it would've changed a whole lot, the fact that he likely would've been marginally better than McKay, notwithstanding. :thumb:

You must be kidding. Melot would’ve definitely led the Cats to a victory if only the coach had a brain that functioned at the requisite level to put him in. Plus, did you hear where he’s from?

Ya man….He totally should have just thrown a true freshman to the wolves in a rivalry game, on the road, when a #1 seed was on the line and McKay had just won 9 consecutive games as the starting QB for the Cats.

Totally something that most head coaches would do….

I mean look at Nick Saban. What a moron. Guy’s arguably the most successful college football coach of all time, but it took him until halftime of the National Championship game, to put in Tua over Jalen Hurts. What a moron!!!!

Ursa Major said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

$10 bucks says one of Coach Sixx’s rings is zip tied to his Craftsman pressure washer to act as a spacer for the hand wand holder. Another’s lost and the third was hawked to help with a down payment for a Peruvian timeshare that Honey Bear hates.

I’ll take that bet, because I happen to have it from a good source that the timeshare is in Branson, Missouri. I believe the rest is accurate.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
You must be kidding. Melot would’ve definitely led the Cats to a victory if only the coach had a brain that functioned at the requisite level to put him in. Plus, did you hear where he’s from?

Ya man….He totally should have just thrown a true freshman to the wolves in a rivalry game, on the road, when a #1 seed was on the line and McKay had just won 9 consecutive games as the starting QB for the Cats.

Totally something that most head coaches would do….

I mean look at Nick Saban. What a moron. Guy’s arguably the most successful college football coach of all time, but it took him until halftime of the National Championship game, to put in Tua over Jalen Hurts. What a moron!!!!

Pardon me if this is higher Rithmetic for the entire Bizon graduating class off 2011, but perhaps it might’ve been a decent idea, and believe me, I’m just spitballing here, to have the foresight to get him some more run-throughs during the season if he was supposedly your best option. I’ve read several Bobcat fans saying McKay was spiraling, and not in a good way.

Your admission that the Griz defensive players were “wolves” and your general, yet unexplained interest in this discussion as a Bizon fan is noted.

2011BisonAlumni said:
Montana game on the other hand …..I think it would have been a significant difference had the playoff Tommy been playing against the Griz. McKay was flat out terrible in that game.
So you would have fans who were at the game believe that the Montana defense had nothing to do with McKay's poor performance. Got it.

Mellott played quite a bit in the UM game and was a non-factor (7 carries for 27 yards). Ifanse had 50 yards on 19 carries. Against NDSU he had 84 on 18 carries and Mellott had 11 yards on 3 carries. The games were quite similar, 29-3 until 48 sec left in garbage time. If you argue that had Mellot played the whole UM game it would have been a substantial factor, then it follows that had he played the whole NDSU game it would have also been a substantial factor. I'm not so sure it would have been a substantial factor in either case. MSU was overmatched by either defense and it wasn't just the QB play.

kemajic said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
So you would have fans who were at the game believe that the Montana defense had nothing to do with McKay's poor performance. Got it.

Mellott played quite a bit in the UM game and was a non-factor (7 carries for 27 yards). Ifanse had 50 yards on 19 carries. Against NDSU he had 84 on 18 carries and Mellott had 11 yards on 3 carries. The games were quite similar, 29-3 until 48 sec left in garbage time. If you argue that had Mellot played the whole UM game it would have been a substantial factor, then it follows that had he played the whole NDSU game it would have also been a substantial factor. I'm not so sure it would have been a substantial factor in either case. MSU was overmatched by either defense and it wasn't just the QB play.

Kem, you have to understand. 1. If he played against Montana, he would’ve made a significant difference. 2. The genius Sixx was correct to not throw him to the wolves like that. It’s simple Bizon on eGriz logic, really.

kemajic said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

I can’t wait for the mental gymnastics 2011 is going to have to go through to defy this logic.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
You know what you should do? You should call the NCAA and tell them everything you know about the program. Get them to investigate something that is 3 years old, impacted one player, and was already investigated by the NCAA…

Hey, some programs give out hot dogs, and others give out banned drugs. The Bizons’ time is coming.

Just because you keep repeating the lie it doesnt make it true. Your ignorance is astounding.

Bison73 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Hey, some programs give out hot dogs, and others give out banned drugs. The Bizons’ time is coming.

Just because you keep repeating the lie it doesnt make it true. Your ignorance is astounding.

Yet, here you are. Did a person involved with the Bizon program supply the drugs that got a Bizon player suspended, or not?

2011BisonAlumni said:
ilovethecats said:
The irony of this conversation is on BN myself and a couple others are getting hammered pretty good for suggesting the loss of Tommy wasn't the biggest factor in that blowout loss. Yes, it was devastating. Yes I think we would have fared better with him in all game. And yes, you could feel our bubbles burst as soon as he limped into the tent. It sucked, and I hate seeing kids leave with injury.

But the way they manhandled us in the trenches, I'm not convinced anyone at the QB position could have overcome that. I say all that to make it clear I'm not suggesting Tommy at QB would have beat you guys. Personally I would have loved him starting but that's another thing all together.

I agree. It was 35-0 and the Bison were averaging 10 YPC when they took the foot off the peddle. That defense the Bobcats faced was historically good. In fact the best the Bison had produced in the D1 era (statistically speaking). Tommy or no Tommy, the Bobcats were completely outmatched and the outcome would have been the same.

Montana game? The GRiZ were going downhill that day, and Vigen wisely saved the TT surprise for the playoffs. Smart move.

As for the championship game, it was a shame that Tommy got Hurt. Because the next card the Vigen was about to pay was 2-way Tommy. He was going to use him at DT to completely shut down the Bison run game and stymie the Bison OL. Injury Completely changed the course of FCS history. Cryin shame the injury.

And how bout that Cat that jumped into portal at the end of the regular season. Man does he look like an idiot. He tried to take a big crap on his team, and they showed him. Kinda a bad look.

Bison73 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

You're so right. You should spend the next several months posting hundreds of times on eGriz.com to make sure he finally gets it. It'll look really cool and be a super good use of your time.

uofmman1122 said:
Bison73 said:
You're so right. You should spend the next several months posting hundreds of times on eGriz.com to make sure he finally gets it. It'll look really cool and be a super good use of your time.

:lol: :thumb:

uofmman1122 said:
Bison73 said:

Nailed it. He will. They always do.

CDAGRIZ said:
uofmman1122 said:

Yep, Another Bizon fan losing another weekend dedicated to eGriz and a half a bottle of astroglide.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Yep, Another Bizon fan losing another weekend dedicated to eGriz and a half a bottle of astroglide.

Saturdays are for the Bizons fans posting on eGriz.com. It has been a Bizon program tradition for nearly a decade.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

Saturdays are for the Bizons fans posting on eGriz.com. It has been a Bizon program tradition for nearly a decade.
Sunday's it's IHOP, Church, Golden Corral, doing the lawn with an extra wide seated riding mower, Denny's, then lunch, corn inspection, quick stop at McDonalds, fishing from the dock, dock repair, first supper, lipitor, second supper, swap out a new arterial stent, Touched By An Angel, Little House On The Prairie, Dairy Queen run, and then off to bed.

Back