• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

State of Origins - Championship Monday

SaskGriz

DONOR
(3) Washington at (1) Montana

Unit By Unit
WR: Edge to Washington
TE: PUSH
OL: Both lines are incredibly deep and experienced, Montana’s might be a little better.
QB: Drew Miller vs Dave Dickenson, you pick
RB: Washington’s are deeper, Montana’s two starters are better.
DL: MONTANA
LB: PUSH on the starters, Montana is deeper
DB: MONTANA
ST: The kicking games a PUSH but the return game favors Montana

Scoring
1st 13:54 MONTANA Mariani, Marc 58 yd pass from Dickenson, Dave (Carpenter, Dan kick) 0 -7
1st 12: 05 MONTANA Tripp, Jordan 13yd blocked punt return (Carpenter, kick) 0 – 14
1st 04:30 WASHINGTON Snyder,Chris 22 yd Field Goal 3 – 14
2nd 06:30 WASHINGTON Henderson, Ellis 5 yd pass from Miller, Drew (Synder,Chris kick) 10 -14
2nd 00: 21 WASHINGTON Snyder, Chris 22 yd Field Goal 13 – 14
3rd 00:54 MONTANA Reynolds, Chase 39 yd Run (Carpenter Kick) 13 - 21
4th 11:46 WASHINGTON Jones, Jamal 2 yd Pass from Miller, Drew (Snyder kick) 20 – 21
4th 07:18 WASHINGTON John Nguyen 2 yd pass from Miller, Drew 26 – 21
4th 03:35 MONTANA Mariani, Marc 5 yd pass from Dickenson, Dave 26 - 27

Statistics
Montana Passing: Washington Passing:
Dickenson, Dave 22 – 30 310 yds 2 TDs Miller, Drew 19 – 32 282 3 TD 1 INT

Montana Rushing Washington Rushing
Reynolds, Chase 14 - 75 TD Nguyen, Peter 18 – 54
Hilliard, Lex 15 – 72 Nguyen, John 10 – 45
Dickenson, Dave 8 – 25 Miller, Drew 5 – (-13)
Farmer, Jody 4 – 16

Montana Receiving Washington Receiving
Mariani, Marc 8 – 131 2 TDs Jones, Jamal 4 – 85 TD
Watkins, Jeremy 6 – 84 Henderson, Ellis 4 -82 TD
Ferriter, Mike 4 – 55 Gurnsey, Scott 3 -44
Reynolds, Chase 1 – 19 Lamb, Paul 3 – 33
Phafler, Scott 1 -11 Nguyen, John 3 – 23 TD
Beaudin, Dan 2 – 10 Nguyen, Peter 2 - 15

Highlights
Tim Hauck’s punt block in the first quarter, scooped up by Jordan Tripp made it 14-0 and it looked like Montana was off to the races.

Washington worked there way back in on the heels of a solid second quarter and could have scored more was it not for an interception by Brock Coyle that killed a promising Washington drive.

After halftime the Montana offensive line was starting to wear down a game Washington defense and Hilliard and Reynolds were able to find some running room.

Drew Miller’s last chance to drive Washington into what would have been a game winning field goal attempt was crushed out by a timely interception by Trumaine Johnson. Montana was able to go to victory formation and kill the clock.

Quote of the Game;
“If Sask is able to make all this crap up, think how fanciful his tax returns must be.”

Thank you, Sask, for some very entertaining reading. Of course, I knew all along that Montana would win, as well they should.

I’m not buying that Chase Reynolds only got 36 yards on his other 13 carries.

Nope. Not buying it.

And how was Trumaine Johnson playing for the Montana team? :wtf: :wtf:

Didn't understand why Trumaine was on the field if it was Washington vs. Montana. Trumaine was recruited out of Stockton CA.

SaskGriz said:

Drew Miller’s last chance to drive Washington into what would have been a game winning field goal attempt was crushed out by a timely interception by Trumaine Johnson. Montana was able to go to victory formation and kill the clock.

Quote of the Game;
“If Sask is able to make all this crap up, think how fanciful his tax returns must be.”

Proud Griz Man said:
Didn't understand why Trumaine was on the field if it was Washington vs. Montana. Trumaine was recruited out of Stockton CA.

SaskGriz said:

Quote of the Game;
Sorry that was a misprint, it was Tuff Harris.

AZGrizFan said:

Nope. Not buying it.

Then you might be too young to have seen Mettler, Turner and Rankin. Rankin is the best middle linebacker to ever for Griz and it's not even close.

SaskGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Nope. Not buying it.

Then you might be too young to have seen Mettler, Turner and Rankin. Rankin is the best middle linebacker to ever for Griz and it's not even close.

I’m pretty sure I’m older than you, boomer. :lol: :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
SaskGriz said:
Then you might be too young to have seen Mettler, Turner and Rankin. Rankin is the best middle linebacker to ever for the Griz and it's not even close.

Born the last day of the Summer of Love, pretty sure I don't qualify as either a boomer or Gen X. I'm just me, man :roll: Keep yer powder dry, and GO GRIZ!

SaskGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Born the last day of the Summer of Love, pretty sure I don't qualify as either a boomer or Gen X. I'm just me, man :roll: Keep yer powder dry, and GO GRIZ!

Heeeeeelllll, I was born a week before Maury Wills broke Ty Cobb’s single season steals record, youngster.

Love it Sask! Highlight of the off-season! Really glad Montana won or I’d have to call you out for rigging the whole thing.

Back