• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2022 Griz Football Recruiting- Signed (13)- Transfers (6), Verbals (2) Offers

I.M.O.#90-C.C. said:
dayday said:
Looks pretty correct to me. I think you might have some positions wrong with McGourin, Hustedt and maybe even Rostad and Dantic. But won’t really know until they officially announce it.

You could be right Day….curious….Where do you think they will play? I would have thought the same until these 2 late high school linebacker commits. Why would we bring in 4 high school scholarship - speaking of Rostad as 4th - as linebackers the same year for 3 spots? I hear McGourin has bulked up to play dline and Hustedt is here only for that DE opportunity. I know Rostad was impressive at camp last summer at safety. No idea on Dantic.

Dantic played running back, receiver and outside linebacker in high school. He was listed as an athlete when he signed. My guess is he either plays the hybrid safetey/linebacker position like Gavin Robertson or plays as a slot WR.

go96griz said:
I.M.O.#90-C.C. said:
You could be right Day….curious….Where do you think they will play? I would have thought the same until these 2 late high school linebacker commits. Why would we bring in 4 high school scholarship - speaking of Rostad as 4th - as linebackers the same year for 3 spots? I hear McGourin has bulked up to play dline and Hustedt is here only for that DE opportunity. I know Rostad was impressive at camp last summer at safety. No idea on Dantic.

Dantic played running back, receiver and outside linebacker in high school. He was listed as an athlete when he signed. My guess is he either plays the hybrid safetey/linebacker position like Gavin Robertson or plays as a slot WR.
Only because I'm bored and yet I don't want to take on the challenge of figuring out whether the Griz have won/lost on the transfer portal (another poster nominated myself or Bama to take a look) at the moment. (NIL has changed the portal, so evaluating a 2018 leave and a 2021 leave is "apples to apples who left because they might get paid"
....Gavin Robertson did not play a hybrid safety/linebacker position! He played Safety, usually FS but it varies in a 3-3-5. Some pedestrian fans think that because he is physically larger and tends to bring the boom (mostly on receivers, because see above, he's a FS) that he must be a hybrid. That isn't the way at 3-3-5 stack works.
The closest thing we have to a designated run stopping safety is Hauck, the same guy who gets called out on here for not being deep enough in coverage. LOL
Most of our schemes (unless down and distance dictate the formation) have the corners in basic man to man with some help from Robertson usually shaded to the boundary side. Fouch/Cotton play the slot receiver because most teams in (hated, sorry it's still around, we should move up, SUU sucks) Big Sky conference run a three wide base set. Our third safety plays a slightly softer man up because we often roll one LB into the under zone on the field side. This is how the UW quarterback found Marcus Welnel so open on a his last throw.
That is all, carry on.

SaskGriz said:
go96griz said:
Only because I'm bored and yet I don't want to take on the challenge of figuring out whether the Griz have won/lost on the transfer portal (another poster nominated myself or Bama to take a look) at the moment. (NIL has changed the portal, so evaluating a 2018 leave and a 2021 leave is "apples to apples who left because they might get paid"
....Gavin Robertson did not play a hybrid safety/linebacker position! He played Safety, usually FS but it varies in a 3-3-5. Some pedestrian fans think that because he is physically larger and tends to bring the boom (mostly on receivers, because see above, he's a FS) that he must be a hybrid. That isn't the way at 3-3-5 stack works.
The closest thing we have to a designated run stopping safety is Hauck, the same guy who gets called out on here for not being deep enough in coverage. LOL
Most of our schemes (unless down and distance dictate the formation) have the corners in basic man to man with some help from Robertson usually shaded to the boundary side. Fouch/Cotton play the slot receiver because most teams in (hated, sorry it's still around, we should move up, SUU sucks) Big Sky conference run a three wide base set. Our third safety plays a slightly softer man up because we often roll one LB into the under zone on the field side. This is how the UW quarterback found Marcus Welnel so open on a his last throw.
That is all, carry on.

My bad, I meant to write Robby Hauck instead of Gavin. Thanks for the correction and thorough explanation of the defense.

go96griz said:
SaskGriz said:
That is all, carry on.

My bad, I meant to write Robby Hauck instead of Gavin. Thanks for the correction and thorough explanation of the defense.

ROFL. I always read his stuff when I'm constipated. Works every time.

LaJollaGriz said:
go96griz said:

Hey, I heard a lot of good football posters have stopped posting on here because there is no football talk. So here's your opening, flush, and throw down where I'm wrong. I posted 15 or 20 posts about different Griz teams from different places. Never saw word one from an insider like you...no complaints? I had them all right?
Read any comment that anybody made about my teams, I never folded up like cheap lawn furniture. I acknowledge differences of opinion.
Show me where how Robertson is a hybrid/LB, I could be wrong. Hell, I didn't start Thatcher Szalay on my All-Time Montana team so I've got weak points. TALK FOOTBALL!

LaJollaGriz said:
go96griz said:

Easy to be constipated with your head us your A$$.

I.M.O.#90-C.C. said:
dayday said:
Looks pretty correct to me. I think you might have some positions wrong with McGourin, Hustedt and maybe even Rostad and Dantic. But won’t really know until they officially announce it.

Hauck had commented how good Dantic is with thw ball in his hands. I suspect we'll see him as a slot receiver, possible PR, and even maybe KR.

go96griz said:
Griz til I die said:
Yes. Basically, all a greyshirt does is pauses your eligibility until you recover from whatever injury your rehabbing. So basically, your eligibility clock does not start until you arrive on campus.

A grey shirt may or may not have anything to do with injury. In general, grey shirts are offered a delayed scholarship, typically due to limited availability or injury. They can be on campus and take credits as a part-time student - just can't be a full-time student. As long as they remain part-time, their eligibility clock won't start until they go on scholarship as a full-time student. Grey shirts can't officially take part in any team activities until the delayed scholarship is in effect. This leads to a year of working out and getting better on their own.

1,000 percent spot on!

Genatone in a wrestling interview and talks about his commitment. The kid is nails and just a really good kid I can tell from this interview. We got a good one.
https://twitter.com/mikesautter_/status/1486534713984811009?s=21

IntuitiveGriz said:
I.M.O.#90-C.C. said:

Hauck had commented how good Dantic is with thw ball in his hands. I suspect we'll see him as a slot receiver, possible PR, and even maybe KR.

If you're willing and able to learn ST play, then Bobby is the one to listen to.
Dantic will give his all for the Griz - this I promise.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZZinbmlNZb/?utm_medium=copy_link Anybody know the kid with Braunson at the visit this weekend?

I Think the Hybrid LB.er has been around along time, I think they may have called him the (monster, of Rover, Strong Safety. and i am sure a number of other names before Targeting became an Issue, However, The vicious One that will knock your D--K in the Dirt From sideline to sideline.. Like Stan Renning and maybe Robertson...

grizfan1984 said:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CZZinbmlNZb/?utm_medium=copy_link Anybody know the kid with Braunson at the visit this weekend?

I am excited to see how this kid does. I still think Vim has him undervalued. :clap: :clap: :thumb:

grizfan1984 said:
New transfer kicker? https://mobile.twitter.com/nico_ramos9
It would appear so since he's following the entire coaching staff on Twitter. Nice find 84! Looks like he transferred to Cal from Princeton, but from what I can find never really kicked at Cal. I did find his numbers from when he was at Princeton in 2018. Kids been in school a loooong time.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/4248400/nico-ramos

Back