• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cats Hire Defensive Coordinator…..

HookedonGriz

DONOR
With very interesting history. Willie Mack Garza has been fired from two different programs for two different DUIs and was also slapped with sanctions for unethical recruiting conduct at Tennessee. I’m a bit surprised they’d make this hire but what do I know.

https://archive.knoxnews.com/sports/vols/football/ncaa-hits-vols-football-with-additional-penalties-tied-to-willie-mack-garza-ep-359625895-356437201.html

https://www.montanasports.com/college-sports/ncaa/wyoming-safeties-coach-willie-mack-garza-resigns-following-dui-arrest

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/2003/09/24/tcu-suspends-assistant-coach-after-charge-of-dwi/e5f1d66b-18ea-405d-8bf4-34abc929ffc8/

When you're starting over after making some bad decisions, sometimes you have to start at the bottom and attempt to work your way back up! Unfortunately, this is just another bad decision! :lol:

Cats are big supporters of second second second second chances.

How many open spots remain on their staff still? 3? I’ve been asking this Q and no cat will respond. Maybe they are too focused on signing day next week. Or does signing day in cat land mean signing coaches?

If this was a coach Chode hire, there would have been an explosive emoji with a big #boom hashtag. That might have been misconstrued as Garza crashing into a tree before blowing .2.

garizzalies said:

How many open spots remain on their staff still? 3? I’ve been asking this Q and no cat will respond. Maybe they are too focused on signing day next week. Or does signing day in cat land mean signing coaches?

2 spots remain open. TE and assistant D- line. Kinda surprised your make believe neighbor hasn’t told you that.

MTCowpoke said:
garizzalies said:

2 spots remain open. TE and assistant D- line. Kinda surprised your make believe neighbor hasn’t told you that.
Actually, he had the same dumb response as you. Why are engineers so bad at simple math? Like you guys can’t do grade school addition. There are at least 3 open spots. Can you guys not count? Would you like to bet me on this? He already lost lunch at Muzzy’s (altho I know he will never pay up).

garizzalies said:
MTCowpoke said:
Actually, he had the same dumb response as you. Why are engineers so bad at simple math? Like you guys can’t do grade school addition. There are at least 3 open spots. Can you guys not count? Would you like to bet me on this? He already lost lunch at Muzzy’s (altho I know he will never pay up).

Being an engineer, I can guarantee you are wrong.

There are at least 3.14159265359 spots open.

garizzalies said:
MTCowpoke said:

Why are you asking and who is the third confirmed to have already left? No I’m not betting an insufferable pissant who will lie or fabricate his way out of it.

MTCowpoke said:
garizzalies said:

Why are you asking and who is the third confirmed to have already left?
Why do I know more about your stupid team than you guys do?
The third opening is for the special teams coach. Did you guys fill that position yet? No? Well I guess I was right as always.

I like a Double Wop at Muzzy’s loaded with extra hot mustard. Thanks.

ordigger said:
garizzalies said:

Being an engineer, I can guarantee you are wrong.

There are at least 3.14159265359 spots open.
Sorry I wasn’t talking about real engineers from Tech. I was talking about these dumbass train drivers from over the hill who can’t read or add.

garizzalies said:
MTCowpoke said:
Why are you asking and who is the third confirmed to have already left?
Why do I know more about your stupid team than you guys do?
The third opening is for the special teams coach. Did you guys fill that position yet? No? Well I guess I was right as always.

I like a Double Wop at Muzzy’s loaded with extra hot mustard. Thanks.

They don’t need a special teams coach. I saw one perfectly executed fake FG fumble for an opposing TD, and another fake FG punt touchback. Sixx has this under control.

3-7-77 said:
Rumor has it this guy was their sixth pick. Can anyone verify or debunk this rumor? :lol:

I’m shocked he was a pick at all with his history. 3 major strikes on his record and they take him anyways? Can you imagine kitty nation if this was a Griz hire…..they’d be having a heyday with it. I’m sure they are crickets over there…..move along, nothing to see here type or already making excuses why he deserves this chance.

Bobcat Nation seems to be fine with the hire based on their posts. They trust Coach Sixxx and that is all they need. One more DUI and they will regret the decision. They need to keep him out of the Rockin R Bar for sure

I do think we need to judge this hire in the proper context. I mean, it’s not as if this guy gave a hotdog to anyone.

HookedonGriz said:
3-7-77 said:
Rumor has it this guy was their sixth pick. Can anyone verify or debunk this rumor? :lol:

I’m shocked he was a pick at all with his history. 3 major strikes on his record and they take him anyways? Can you imagine kitty nation if this was a Griz hire…..they’d be having a heyday with it. I’m sure they are crickets over there…..move along, nothing to see here type or already making excuses why he deserves this chance.
Ya and their excuse is he used to work for NDSU and they’re trying to beat NDSU despite the fact that their losing 3 starting D-line men and Mr. everything Troy Andersen, along with 2 All-American O-line men and their top 2 receivers, but somehow they’re not gonna take a step back at all, rather they’re gonna be better next year. All this while NDSU loses like 1 O-line men and like 1 D-line men and everyone else including their QB, Top 3 RB’s and their entire defensive backfield is all back. I guess they do lose their top receiver in Christian Watson, but they still made the title game without him.

Bold choice, but if there’s one thing I know about Sixx it’s that he…um…well he…

Back