Zac Crews Update?

Get the low down on Griz/FCS Football
argh!
eGriz Club

kemajic wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:57 pm
PhxGriz wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:40 pm
In regards to the original post, I'm simply having a tough time broad brushing the kid as racist when we haven't heard from those that surround him.
I've heard from several that surround him and not a single one would label him as racist in any way.
flies of a feather flock together. somebody told me that many years ago, in the drew miller era.
uofmman1122
eGriz Club

In regards to the original post, I'm simply having a tough time broad brushing the kid as racist when we haven't heard from those that surround him.
I've heard from several that surround him and not a single one would label him as racist in any way.
Yeah, for sure. I'll bet the guy he sent that Venmo to would probably say that their racist inside jokes together aren't actually racist, too.
EverettGriz
eGriz Club

Hmm. Can we agree what he sent was disgustingly racist?
Booze is the duct tape of life.
mthoopsfan

EverettGriz wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:54 pm
I wouldn’t agree with that. I’d need to know more about the situation. Feel free to explain how it is disgustingly racist. I’d be curious to see what you think.

Doesn’t there have to be an element of intent for something to be racist? If a little kid says the N word, is the kid racist or saying some racist?

Also, could you explain what the wording of the post means? I have never seen or heard of the phrase.

Also, where did the emoji come from? If Venmo, would Venmo have a racist emoji? I don’t do emoji’s, so don’t know anything about them.

I can agree that it was disgustingly stupid.
Jesse

mthoopsfan wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:23 pm

I wouldn’t agree with that. I’d need to know more about the situation. Feel free to explain how it is disgustingly racist. I’d be curious to see what you think.

Doesn’t there have to be an element of intent for something to be racist? If a little kid says the N word, is the kid racist or saying some racist?

Also, could you explain what the wording of the post means? I have never seen or heard of the phrase.

Also, where did the emoji come from? If Venmo, would Venmo have a racist emoji? I don’t do emoji’s, so don’t know anything about them.

I don’t think the emoji is racist. Most apps have images of different ethnic groups in their emoji menu now. Why he chose the black guy emoji and then the pistol emoji pointed at its temple is beyond me. I saw the screen shot of it when this came out. Look up the phrase on the urban dictionary if you want, but be warned it’s Ugh, so disgustingly vile. Really immature and thoughtless if he thought his buddy or whoever wouldn’t shared it with the world. This has been a painful learning experience for him at a tender age. I hope he gets a chance to play somewhere and redeem himself on and off the field. One Venmo post should not define him for the future.
mthoopsfan

Jesse wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:15 am

I don’t think the emoji is racist. Most apps have images of different ethnic groups in their emoji menu now. Why he chose the black guy emoji and then the pistol emoji pointed at its temple is beyond me. I saw the screen shot of it when this came out. Look up the phrase on the urban dictionary if you want, but be warned it’s Ugh, so disgustingly vile. Really immature and thoughtless if he thought his buddy or whoever wouldn’t shared it with the world. This has been a painful learning experience for him at a tender age. I hope he gets a chance to play somewhere and redeem himself on and off the field. One Venmo post should not define him for the future.
Thx. Looked at the urban dictionary. Still don't know if I understand it, or what he was saying or trying to say. '

I just attended the West Point ceremony for graduating seniors. Pretty cool. Was a feather ceremony, and more. Blankets, feathers and necklaces given to the graduates. 11 grads, of which 2 were women. Milley will be the grad speaker tomorrow. Milley went to Princeton. My nephew is then off to Italy for a month with his girlfriend, also graduating, and then to Ranger school.
CatGrad-UMGradStu

mthoopsfan wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:59 pm
Jesse wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:15 am
Thx. Looked at the urban dictionary. Still don't know if I understand it, or what he was saying or trying to say. '

I just attended the West Point ceremony for graduating seniors. Pretty cool. Was a feather ceremony, and more. Blankets, feathers and necklaces given to the graduates. 11 grads, of which 2 were women. Milley will be the grad speaker tomorrow. Milley went to Princeton. My nephew is then off to Italy for a month with his girlfriend, also graduating, and then to Ranger school.
Will your nephew be assigned to the 509th upon completion of Infantry Officer Basic Course and Ranger School? I assume he has already completed Jump School. We always got the Pointers later than the OCS and ROTC Butterbars in the units. Never could understand why.
Kabooom

What a shit show....

I don't care what the KID said...A KID... ANY Kid ...does not deserve this crap.

Move on and get a life people.
When Hell freezes over ....I'll Ski there too!
When the Northwest Passage melts, I'll Surf there also...
And out in The Great Ride Open.....Cainville Utah..You can bury me there.
kemajic
eGriz Club

mthoopsfan wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:59 pm
I wonder what they did to deserve Milley....
God knows when I'm good, I'm good and when I'm good, it's seldom - Aaron Watson
3-7-77

Kabooom wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:07 am What a shit show....

I don't care what the KID said...A KID... ANY Kid ...does not deserve this crap.

Well said.
I sent the club a wire stating, "Please accept my resignation. I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member."
--Groucho Marx
sdk.catfish

Kabooom wrote: ↑Sat May 21, 2022 10:07 am
What a shit show....

Sometimes saying leads to doing. Check out KID taking a road trip to Buffalo NY last weekend.
Griz Addict

How tf is it not racist? The word is racist, commonly used by racists. It's a derogatory word. Everyone in the f###[#] world knows this. Quit playing stupid. And if you're not playing, damn I feel sad for you.
krammer

I have to agree....who will be the first to throw the stone among the P.C. .......
mthoopsfan

Griz Addict wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:16 pm

How tf is it not racist? The word is racist, commonly used by racists. It's a derogatory word. Everyone in the f###[#] world knows this. Quit playing stupid. And if you're not playing, damn I feel sad for you.
I don't agree that the word is racist. Lots of people use it without being racist.
alabamagrizzly

mthoopsfan wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:18 pm
Griz Addict wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:16 pm

I don't agree that the word is racist. Lots of people use it without being racist.
Black people will say it and not be racist. If white people say it, they’re either using in a racist context, have permission from black friends, or think they’re acting gangster but don’t actually know any black people. They usually better add an a after it instead of a er though. But as a POC, I’d think you should know that already since I’m a white person and I know it. Don’t take it from me though. A quick google search of “Why white people can’t say n*****(I feel guilty even typing that and saying it in my head) and these are the first links that pop up, all articles from black people about why which people should not use that word. Please educate yourself before you take such a strong opinion on something you obviously know nothing about…unless you are just playing dumb to be the devils advocate.

https://www.theroot.com/why-its-ok-for- ... 1826255011

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... rd/596872/

https://everydayfeminism.com/2014/03/wh ... he-n-word/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... about-race

https://qz.com/quartzy/1127824/ta-nehis ... he-n-word/

https://www.learningforjustice.org/maga ... -the-nword

https://www.michigandaily.com/michigan- ... right-say/
"In Bill's(Wild Bill Kelly) tragic death there might be some message for the college society that basks in the glory of the football team and the individual heroes, but overlooks the fact that they are like the rest of us with conflicts, fears, frustrations, and weakness."-Joseph Cochran, friend of Kelly's
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

krammer wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:14 pm

I have to agree....who will be the first to throw the stone among the P.C. .......
There’s been dozens thrown already, just in this thread, by people in glass houses.
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.