• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Billings GSA Event

GottaluvGriz said:
Just returned from the Billings GSA event. This was the best turnout in recent memory. Has to be a sign of the excitement for the coming season. All the coaches that spoke, along with Greg Sundberg and Riley Cochran were fired up!
Congratulations to all involved inputting on this event. Great job.
Go Griz!
This is the fourth year of the Billings BBQ event. It has grown each year and we will far outpace the $ contribution to the GSA again as we have done each year. A solid southcentral MT gathering.

An indication of how strongly BH feels about this team was very evident tonight. He's usually very conservative about his expectations for the coming season. None of that tonight, I've never heard him more positive. These coaches are having fun with the kids they've put together.

kemajic said:
ilovethecats said:
Jealous you're golfing Laurel. Love that course!
Not me, I'll be lurking at the Atlas with a tab for the boys. Played Laurel quite a bit in younger years when the game could handle it. Today's game is barely up to the Columbus course.

Stillwater can be tricky. Don’t sell yourself short.

Turned out to be a decent night. Had close to 250 people there. Food was top notch. Tough to beat homemade pies and ice cream. Drinks were flowing and cold. Sun was shining. Coaches did a great job keeping the crowd pumped. Soccer coach is one of the best speakers! And we raised a good amount of money for the GSA! Was a success!

Now time to golf.

kemajic said:
GottaluvGriz said:
Just returned from the Billings GSA event. This was the best turnout in recent memory. Has to be a sign of the excitement for the coming season. All the coaches that spoke, along with Greg Sundberg and Riley Cochran were fired up!
Congratulations to all involved inputting on this event. Great job.
Go Griz!
This is the fourth year of the Billings BBQ event. It has grown each year and we will far outpace the $ contribution to the GSA again as we have done each year. A solid southcentral MT gathering.

An indication of how strongly BH feels about this team was very evident tonight. He's usually very conservative about his expectations for the coming season. None of that tonight, I've never heard him more positive. These coaches are having fun with the kids they've put together.
Kem,
Did you read Bobby’s comments to mean the team was complete now, or that he believed it was the strongest unit he has fielded since his return or both?

BDizzle said:
Coaches did a great job keeping the crowd pumped. Soccer coach is one of the best speakers!

...true that on the soccer dude...
...most successful program going...
...so good probably deserve own thread...

... :shock: ...

zengriz said:
BDizzle said:
Coaches did a great job keeping the crowd pumped. Soccer coach is one of the best speakers!

...true that on the soccer dude...
...most successful program going...
...so good probably deserve own thread...

... :shock: ...
Without a doubt the most successful program at UM over the last 5 years. Have you seen their home schedule this year? They have two P5 programs and two Mountain West programs coming to Missoula. Pitt and Creighton can really play. Pitt went very far in the NCAA Tournament last year.
https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizSOC/status/1527386529722560514?s=20&t=CmaPYpA0fQGGzZsIP-AJFA

Griz til I die said:
Without a doubt the most successful program at UM over the last 5 years. Have you seen their home schedule this year? They have two P5 programs and two Mountain West programs coming to Missoula. Pitt and Creighton can really play. Pitt went very far in the NCAA Tournament last year.
https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizSOC/status/1527386529722560514?s=20&t=CmaPYpA0fQGGzZsIP-AJFA

I was going to post this thought back when the schedule was posted but this seems like a good place to put it. Maybe like zengriz suggested, a mod could combine these into its own thread for discussion on the 2022 soccer team.

So, if Cam is invited back to the Canada team this fall for the 2022 FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup, it looks like she could potentially miss up to 4 of the biggest/bigger Griz games (Creighton, Pitt, Wyoming, and @Portland) since the championship final is on Aug. 28th. Canada's latest guaranteed game in Group Play is Aug. 17th, so if they didn't finish in the top 2 (of 4 total teams) in Group C, Cam might only miss Creighton on the 18th (assuming it would take at least a day for travel from Costa Rica and to get acclimated back into the Griz playbook, team, etc).

https://gogriz.com/news/2022/4/22/soccer-cams-world.aspx (article mentioning Cam might get the Canadian U-20 invite)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA_U-20_Women's_World_Cup (FIFA games schedule is about halfway down the page)
Griz full schedule: https://gogriz.com/sports/womens-soccer/schedule
For those that might need Twitter help, the GoGriz article discussing the schedule: https://gogriz.com/news/2022/5/19/soccer-montana-finalizes-fall-schedule.aspx

I'm really interested in seeing how the team does against Creighton this year after giving up a goal in the last minute of the 2nd OT (I think there were like 43 seconds left) to them on the road last year. Watching, I thought they could've gotten the win but thought for sure they had at least the tie with the clock winding down. Portland will be another revenge game.

Sounds like it was a great event. Great to hear about the turnout over in Eastern Montana. Nice work!

I heard it was a tough day for golf in Laurel today with the wind really howling. Was assured it was still better than being at work though!

MikeyGriz said:
I heard it was a tough day for golf in Laurel today with the wind really howling. Was assured it was still better than being at work though!
Hard to read that. He just radiated confidence in this team like I've never seen. He wasn't holding back like he usually does. I would say all in for a deep run.

MikeyGriz said:

It wasn’t too bad. Got really windy for a few holes but overall pretty nice. And much better than being at work.

Back