• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Capser Kicking 60 Yard Field Goal in WaGriz

Carpe Diem Griz said:
HookedonGriz said:
Damn. It’s obvious Casper is your son Carpe, and you should be damn proud. Go Griz!

I’m not, but he is close to mine. He’s come far.

It's the new trend here. If you give a shout out to a young man on the team for their hard work or accomplishments then clearly you must be their parent or coach. Funny world we live in. Casper's got quite the boot. Glad he's a Griz!

Alaska Griz said:
Carpe Diem Griz said:

It's the new trend here. If you give a shout out to a young man on the team for their hard work or accomplishments then clearly you must be their parent or coach. Funny world we live in. Casper's got quite the boot. Glad he's a Griz!

Ok, Mr. Casper.

Alaska Griz said:
Carpe Diem Griz said:

I was just going by the evidence and past posts. Carpe has posted A LOT about Camden and has also mentioned a number of times about having a son on the team. Shit if I had a Kid on the Griz I’d be damn proud too. I have no problem with a proud parent posting here or holding up their kid. Playing D1 football is a huge accomplishment.

CDAGRIZ said:
Alaska Griz said:

Ok, Mr. Casper.

"Mr."??

That’s awesome!
Apparently, we have another kicker from Frenchtown, Adam Botkin. He has a big leg too and has kicked field goals of 70+ yards. Additionally, he can punt too. Competition will be great!
Good kid, from a good family!

HookedonGriz said:
Alaska Griz said:

I was just going by the evidence and past posts. Carpe has posted A LOT about Camden and has also mentioned a number of times about having a son on the team. Shit if I had a Kid on the Griz I’d be damn proud too. I have no problem with a proud parent posting here or holding up their kid. Playing D1 football is a huge accomplishment.

I can't imagine anyone in their right mind would have a problem with a proud parent, or anyone for that matter, praising a player on the team, unless I missed something.

Ok, do I have to be THAT guy to point out this is a teed-up ball with no pressure, or snap and no (less than perfect) hold? I have Zero opinion about Capser's true ability/potential, but I know that there are a lot of "practice all-stars". It's promising, but can he make a last-second game-winning kick in the snow and wind from the hash in front of 25,000? THEN, I'll be impressed.

This is one article I found from a quick search where his 42 yd FG in a real game situation that isn't as reassuring:
"Kicker Camden Capser made all his PAT attempts and got the right bounce off the crossbar on a 42-yard field goal as time expired in the first half."

Zirg said:
Ok, do I have to be THAT guy to point out this is a teed-up ball with no pressure, or snap and no (less than perfect) hold? I have Zero opinion about Capser's true ability/potential, but I know that there are a lot of "practice all-stars". It's promising, but can he make a last-second game-winning kick in the snow and wind from the hash in front of 25,000? THEN, I'll be impressed.

This is one article I found from a quick search where his 42 yd FG in a real game situation that isn't as reassuring:
"Kicker Camden Capser made all his PAT attempts and got the right bounce off the crossbar on a 42-yard field goal as time expired in the first half."

I'm pretty sure this is how kickers practice when alone. There is no tee in that video - as you said teed up. Also I'm pretty sure he has been practicing with a snap this past year during practices. Do you remember inflate gate? QB's like to deflate their balls so they can grip the ball. Kickers like their balls inflated to maximum ball pressure. Nice try!

406 Grizzly said:
Zirg said:

I'm pretty sure this is how kickers practice when alone. There is no tee in that video - as you said teed up. Also I'm pretty sure he has been practicing with a snap this past year during practices. Do you remember inflate gate? QB's like to deflate their balls so they can grip the ball. Kickers like their balls inflated to maximum ball pressure. Nice try!

I do stand corrected about saying a "tee". I don't know what that devise is called exactly (they didn't exist when I was a kicker), but it is a perfectly positioned ball (with said implement) with the laces the right way, with no snap, no pressure, no pass-rush,no packed stadium in ideal weather. I'm sure he HAS been practicing with snaps, but that's not what video was posted. I am optimistic, but will remain skeptical for now.

Zirg said:
406 Grizzly said:

I do stand corrected about saying a "tee". I don't know what that devise is called exactly (they didn't exist when I was a kicker), but it is a perfectly positioned ball (with said implement) with the laces the right way, with no snap, no pressure, no pass-rush,no packed stadium in ideal weather. I'm sure he HAS been practicing with snaps, but that's not what video was posted. I am optimistic, but will remain skeptical for now.

You were a kicker? Then you would know kicking balls aren't deflated, they are inflated. You just said that again. If it was deflated the ball wouldn't hit off his foot like that and wouldn't fly. Of course its perfectly positioned. Find one kicker using this kicking device that does it any other way. Go watch Kevin Macias kick during his NFL tryouts at Washington Griz stadium. The exact same way! A lot of us on here watched Capser at Spring Camp. With a snap and hold and he did very well. Even Brint said on the podcast he thinks its going to be Capser. There is also a Cal kicker that I read somewhere is coming in. Let them fight for the job and stop putting a kid down.

Back