• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Capser Kicking 60 Yard Field Goal in WaGriz

406 Grizzly said:
Zirg said:
I do stand corrected about saying a "tee". I don't know what that devise is called exactly (they didn't exist when I was a kicker), but it is a perfectly positioned ball (with said implement) with the laces the right way, with no snap, no pressure, no pass-rush,no packed stadium in ideal weather. I'm sure he HAS been practicing with snaps, but that's not what video was posted. I am optimistic, but will remain skeptical for now.

You were a kicker? Then you would know kicking balls aren't deflated, they are inflated. You just said that again. If it was deflated the ball wouldn't hit off his foot like that and wouldn't fly. Of course its perfectly positioned. Find one kicker using this kicking device that does it any other way. Go watch Kevin Macias kick during his NFL tryouts at Washington Griz stadium. The exact same way! A lot of us on here watched Capser at Spring Camp. With a snap and hold and he did very well. Even Brint said on the podcast he thinks its going to be Capser. There is also a Cal kicker that I read somewhere is coming in. Let them fight for the job and stop putting a kid down.

I never said anything about inflated or deflated balls. Not sure what you are referring to. By "pressure", I meant the pressure of the game situation.

Zirg said:
406 Grizzly said:
You were a kicker? Then you would know kicking balls aren't deflated, they are inflated. You just said that again. If it was deflated the ball wouldn't hit off his foot like that and wouldn't fly. Of course its perfectly positioned. Find one kicker using this kicking device that does it any other way. Go watch Kevin Macias kick during his NFL tryouts at Washington Griz stadium. The exact same way! A lot of us on here watched Capser at Spring Camp. With a snap and hold and he did very well. Even Brint said on the podcast he thinks its going to be Capser. There is also a Cal kicker that I read somewhere is coming in. Let them fight for the job and stop putting a kid down.

I never said anything about inflated or deflated balls. Not sure what you are referring to. By "pressure", I meant the pressure of the game situation.

Let the kids play. They don't need anyone on here running them down. I have no idea what article you are talking about. Was it on grass? Did the long snapper and holder not get the ball down correctly? Was it raining? So many things at that level can go wrong. As a former kicker you would know that. Pressure during a game is the last thing these kids worry about. They are worried about Coach Hauck!

406 Grizzly said:
Zirg said:

Let the kids play. They don't need anyone on here running them down. I have no idea what article you are talking about. Was it on grass? Did the long snapper and holder not get the ball down correctly? Was it raining? So many things at that level can go wrong. As a former kicker you would know that. Pressure during a game is the last thing these kids worry about. They are worried about Coach Hauck!

I'm excited about him, believe it or not. I'm just saying everyone's highlight tape is their best moment possible and let's not got too excited about one video. Everyone looks good on highlight reels and practice reels. Sure I could make 45 yard field goals in warm-ups, but I didn't really trust myself beyond 40 yards in a game setting. As you said the snap and the hold is a huge component to field goals, as is being able to do it in the clutch. We're not dis-agreeing as much as you are trying to make this. Cheers.

Zirg said:
406 Grizzly said:

I'm excited about him, believe it or not. I'm just saying everyone's highlight tape is their best moment possible and let's not got too excited about one video. Everyone looks good on highlight reels and practice reels. Sure I could make 45 yard field goals in warm-ups, but I didn't really trust myself beyond 40 yards in a game setting. As you said the snap and the hold is a huge component to field goals, as is being able to do it in the clutch. We're not dis-agreeing as much as you are trying to make this. Cheers.

I have agreed with every single word you gave said in this thread!! You are smart and totally on point on this topic!

There will always be oversensitive and non-objective Casper (and Rohrbach) FANATICS.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Zirg said:

I have agreed with every single word you gave said in this thread!! You are smart and totally on point on this topic!

There will always be oversensitive and non-objective Casper (and Rohrbach) FANATICS.

Intuitive, I really like what you write, but this isn't objective. I don't claim to be an expert in any area, but I like special teams play. When Macias was getting skewed on here after the Eags game I tried to come to his defense. Its not about Macias, Capser, Rohrbach, etc. Its about someone coming on here and spitting false facts. You said you agree with every word. Zirq admitted there was no tee when he claimed it was teed up. He said he was a kicker and its pretty well known that these are called "kicking sticks". These are used by NFL kickers and at every major kicking combine and national ranking event. He said he found an article about a field goal hitting a cross bar. Was that his freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year. What were the weather conditions? Was the snap bad and did he have to kick a ball placed sideways? I couldn't find that article, but I found a bunch of articles and great kicking videos during a game. How was any of Zirq's comments objective?

No one is being oversensitive. I for one feel extremely lucky the Griz have two guys like Capser and Rohrbach coming up. It may take a year or so to develop them a little more, but these guys are amongst the best ever to kick from Montana. The very best!

Holy crap, people. If we have 2 kickers that can hit from 60+ in practice, it's a damn good sign. I could not hit from 10 yards out if I was in practice today.

406 Grizzly said:
I for one feel extremely lucky the Griz have two guys like Capser and Rohrbach coming up. It may take a year or so to develop them a little more, but these guys are amongst the best ever to kick from Montana. The very best!
What this dude said.

I met the long snapper, Grayson Pibal, yesterday. While getting gas in Kennewick WA, I noticed a little Griz sticker on the jeep in front of me. I asked the driver, what the Griz connection was, and he said he was the long snapper, Grayson. Nice kid. Looks like he's going to be terrific. See below bio.

https://gogriz.com/sports/football/roster/grayson-pibal/6428

I was picking up our new Seadoo Switch Cruise. A new type of pontoon boat released this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG7TffMJS-o

Casper and Rohrbach will be just fine, like any other position they will need time to settle in, but both will give their all for the team. Kickers are like any other position, practice practice practice year round. That makes that indoor facility so important.

Zirg said:
406 Grizzly said:

Yep, any kick or punt takes many positions to make it or not. Snapper to the holder has to be as good as the connection between the QB and receiver, and then not to mention the line blocking for said kicker or punter. Timing is everything, ask any kicker, holder snapper punter. Any one of those guys is off and the try will sail left or right or get blocked, all with less than milliseconds.

HookedonGriz said:
Alaska Griz said:
It's the new trend here. If you give a shout out to a young man on the team for their hard work or accomplishments then clearly you must be their parent or coach. Funny world we live in. Casper's got quite the boot. Glad he's a Griz!

I was just going by the evidence and past posts. Carpe has posted A LOT about Camden and has also mentioned a number of times about having a son on the team. Shit if I had a Kid on the Griz I’d be damn proud too. I have no problem with a proud parent posting here or holding up their kid. Playing D1 football is a huge accomplishment.
👍👍

SaskGriz said:
Don't have a horse in this fight but the kid's last name is C-A-P-S-E-R not Casper.
Dyslexia is a minor handicap compared to others exhibited on this forum.

Casper the friendly ghost, that’s what had me screwed up, amongst other things.🤣🤣
Is it football season yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

406 Grizzly said:
Zirg said:
I do stand corrected about saying a "tee". I don't know what that devise is called exactly (they didn't exist when I was a kicker), but it is a perfectly positioned ball (with said implement) with the laces the right way, with no snap, no pressure, no pass-rush,no packed stadium in ideal weather. I'm sure he HAS been practicing with snaps, but that's not what video was posted. I am optimistic, but will remain skeptical for now.

As the dad of a kicker/punter let me assure you that in high school a huge factor is the snapper and holder. It isn’t always pretty.

Back