• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UCLA/USC

EverettGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
It doesn't surprise us that you don't understand. The Pac 12 is way behind in tv and more, and that continues.

Last PAC 12 team in FBS playoffs was 2016. SLC and Boulder? Is that a joke?

"The Big Ten distributed as much as $54 million in TV revenue to its schools in the 2018 fiscal year, dwarfing the $29.5 million the Pac-12 paid out. The SEC paid out as much as $43.7 million to its schools, while the Big 12 was at $38.8 million and the A.C.C., whose revenues will get a bump this year with the start of its conference network, was at $29.5 million along with the Pac-12, whose payout decreased by $1.5 million from 2017."

Here's a good overview from 2019. It's only gotten worse for the PAC 12.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/20/sports/pac-12-tv-recruiting.html#:~:text=Though%20the%20Pac-12%20has%20an%20enviable%20TV%20footprint%2C,sheet%20under%20the%20terms%20of%20its%20television%20deals.

No one is suggesting the P12 revenue is not below other conferences. But that certainly ain’t due to the reasons you propose: a small geographic footprint and small tv markets, as I clearly, objectively and incontrovertibly outline above.

Ans no, SLC and Boulder being P12 cities is not a joke, but rather very, very unjokish.

Only idiots would hang out in the pacific northwest and, well, you just don't get it.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2022-06-30/ucla-usc-pac-12-move-big-ten-conference

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
EverettGriz said:
No one is suggesting the P12 revenue is not below other conferences. But that certainly ain’t due to the reasons you propose: a small geographic footprint and small tv markets, as I clearly, objectively and incontrovertibly outline above.

Ans no, SLC and Boulder being P12 cities is not a joke, but rather very, very unjokish.

Only idiots would hang out in the pacific northwest and, well, you just don't get it.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2022-06-30/ucla-usc-pac-12-move-big-ten-conference

As always, no one knows what the fvck you’re trying to say.

And I didn’t click on your rickroll

LivingstonNative said:
info said:
The Oregon and Washington State Legislatures’ will not allow Oregon State or Washington State to be separated from their respective “big”bros Oregon and Washington.

Correct

Perhaps. But at least in Washington things are run differently than they are in Montana. Rather than one BoR for the entire higher ed system, each university in Washington has their own, and they can and do act independently at times. Now would the legislature step in to override the Washington BoR in order to keep UDub and the Cougs together? I honestly don’t know.

But theoretically Washington could still make a move and the Apple Cup could be played every year as a noncon game, similarly to what ND and USC do.

EverettGriz said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

Of course you didn't because you're a fucking idiot.

Griz til I die said:
So much for the alliance that the PAC 12, Big 10, and ACC wouldn’t poach each other’s schools. Let the dominos begin to fall!

To be fair, all reputable reports I’ve read or heard indicate that USC and UCLA proactively went to the Big 10 — not the other way around.

So the B10 didn’t look to poach anyone.

But when those schools come calling because they feel they have to move on elsewhere, the B10 would be idiots not to listen.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
EverettGriz said:

Of course you didn't because you're a fucking idiot.

You say the tv money isn’t there because of a small geo footprint and small tv markets. PAC has a huge geo footprint and some very big tv markets, so it must be something else. Call me a fucking idiot. Do it. It will prove that you win and you can have a great day.

CDAGRIZ said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Of course you didn't because you're a f###[#] idiot.

You say the tv money isn’t there because of a small geo footprint and small tv markets. PAC has a huge geo footprint and some very big tv markets, so it must be something else. Call me a f###[#] idiot. Do it. It will prove that you win and you can have a great day.

CDAGRIZ, how open are you to a possible move? What circumstances are you on board? I'd appreciate your opinion on it.

CDAGRIZ said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

You say the tv money isn’t there because of a small geo footprint and small tv markets. PAC has a huge geo footprint and some very big tv markets, so it must be something else. Call me a f###[#] idiot. Do it. It will prove that you win and you can have a great day.

I concede. LA is a very large market.

https://www.denverpost.com/2022/07/01/stock-report-pac-12-survival-options-for-oregon-and-uw-the-big-12-as-hunter-scotts-legacy-and-more/

The MWC (and the WCC for basketball) will now have more national recognition than the pac 8. Who in their right mind wants to stay up to watch Phil Knight university or the huskies play wazzu? Or Oregon state? Or Colorado? Or Utah? Or the hippies in Berkley or Palo alto? Either Arizona school? Maybe watch NAU's cross country team win another national championship or utah's gymnastic team.

Right now, the whole small college football world wants to see how long the NDSU dynasty is going to run and who gets to play for second. The pac is dead. Only an idiot who still believes the WAC or Southwest conferences will make a comeback believes the pac is going to survive. They're the same idiots who mocked the Sun Belt half a dozen years ago.

Now, spend some time wasting everybody's time with your lame jokes and ridiculous comments about those people in the midwest, North Dakota or Bozeangeles. The northwest is a joke to most of the country.

CDAGRIZ said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

I gave up. I truly don't think he can comprehend.

EverettGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I gave up. I truly don't think he can comprehend.

SEC: >54 million per school
BIG 10: >46 million per school
Pac: <20 million per school

So the money is there? Where you idiots? You two never let facts and data get in the way of a good argument, do you? Go have some biscuits and gravy...

buckeyehornetfan said:
Griz til I die said:
So much for the alliance that the PAC 12, Big 10, and ACC wouldn’t poach each other’s schools. Let the dominos begin to fall!

To be fair, all reputable reports I’ve read or heard indicate that USC and UCLA proactively went to the Big 10 — not the other way around.

But when those schools come calling because they feel they have to move on elsewhere, the B10 would be idiots not to listen.

Hear Woody turning in his grave ?

fanofzoo said:
buckeyehornetfan said:

I bet he still hates Clemson in general and Charlie Bauman specifically too! At least he'll never have to watch OSU play in the Gator Bowl...

fanofzoo said:
buckeyehornetfan said:

Yep, all those years of getting his ass handed to him by PAC 10 teams in the rose bowl.

What impact will these events have on UM? Do you think our AD should have a plan in the event change will be necessary or should he assume that all is well in the land of FCS football and their conferences?

Spanky2 said:
What impact will these events have on UM? Do you think our AD should have a plan in the event change will be necessary or should he assume that all is well in the land of FCS football and their conferences?
The chaos is and will be where there is money involved. That pretty much excludes us.

fanofzoo said:
buckeyehornetfan said:

I think that’s likely the sound of Woody winding up to throw a punch at the guy buried next to him. He wasn’t the kind of guy that would put up with noisy decaying.

Gutting or dropping the PAC-12 makes college sports, as a whole, worse.

Much worse.

Back