• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Samori Pro Day

He’s working w/ the backups. It’ll be a tuff fall for him with little room for error but as PR said, plays like those will certainly help. If the Packers carry 7 into the season, he shouldn’t have to worry. I think he’s in a battle for the 6th spot though and most teams only carry 6. The Pack May make an exception though with all the inexperience they have. The 4th round rookie from Nevada has been making big plays all camp but several others have been hurt including the big kid from NDSU. This is their current depth.

Outside
Allan Lazard 4 Iowa St 6’5” 227
Sammy Watkins 9 Clemson 6’1” 211
Christian Watson R NDSU 6’5” 208(PUP)
Juwann Winfree 3 Colorado 6’1” 210
Osirus Mitchell 1 Mississippi St 6’5” 206(PUP)
Malik Taylor 3 Farris St 6’2” 217(PUP)

Inside
Randell Cobb 12 Kentucky 5’10 195
Romeo Doubs R Nevada 6’2” 204
Amari Rogers 2 Clemson 5’9” 212
Samori Toure R Neb/Mont 6’1” 191
Ishmael Hyman 1 James Madison 6’0” 196
Danny Davis R Wisconsin 6’1” 188

He played like the Toure we know at Packers Family Night yesterday.
https://wisportsheroics.com/seventh-round-wide-receiver-samori-toure-stands-out-at-packers-family-night/

One of the plays from that link…
https://twitter.com/itszacharyj/status/1555757954984423425?s=21&t=snk5oTgtuvEqlsmFyIhcMA

He’s still tracking for the practice squad but did have a damn fine showing last night. Unless there’s surprise cuts the Packers have 3 veterans (Lazard, Cobb, Watkins), last years draft pick (Rodgers), and two picks ahead of him (Watson & Doubs).

Cobb and Watkins are older vets and subject to injury, could open a door for him.

Watson from NDSU is still on the PUP.

They also have two guys that have been practice squad members for 2 years now, JuWann Winfree and Malik Taylor who they like. Taylor’s hurt right now.

My guess is Samori lands on the practice squad and maybe sneaks in mid-season if there are depletions in the WR corps. Green Bay’s built up practice squad guys before (Donald Driver, Alan Lazard) so I don’t see it as a terrible place for him to get started at either

BWahlberg said:
He’s still tracking for the practice squad but did have a damn fine showing last night. Unless there’s surprise cuts the Packers have 3 veterans (Lazard, Cobb, Watkins), last years draft pick (Rodgers), and two picks ahead of him (Watson & Doubs).

Cobb and Watkins are older vets and subject to injury, could open a door for him.

They also have two guys that have been practice squad members for 2 years now, JuWann Winfree and Malik Taylor who they like. Taylor’s hurt right now.

My guess is Samori lands on the practice squad and maybe sneaks in mid-season if there are depletions in the WR corps. Green Bay’s built up practice squad guys before (Donald Driver, Alan Lazard) so I don’t see it as a terrible place for him to get started at either

I didn't even realize that Green Bay still had an NFL team.

"Overall, the offensive line played exceedingly well. Seven of the offense’s top 11 grades were offensive linemen, including Myers, who was terrific at center over 36 first-half snaps. The line was charged with giving up just four total pressures. Tom’s performance should mean more first-team snaps. Davis, Juwann Winfree, Romeo Doubs and Samori Toure all earned strong grades at receiver."

mthoopsfan said:
"Overall, the offensive line played exceedingly well. Seven of the offense’s top 11 grades were offensive linemen, including Myers, who was terrific at center over 36 first-half snaps. The line was charged with giving up just four total pressures. Tom’s performance should mean more first-team snaps. Davis, Juwann Winfree, Romeo Doubs and Samori Toure all earned strong grades at receiver."

I think he made the most out of his targets last night. He was equally productive to the rest of the group and a little more efficient. Hope he’s working hard on ST and finding a way to stay on the final roster.

Wolf777 said:
mthoopsfan said:

I think he made the most out of his targets last night. He was equally productive to the rest of the group and a little more efficient. Hope he’s working hard on ST and finding a way to stay on the final roster.

Not to knock him but for what it’s worth, he’s going up against guys that most likely won’t be on a roster or maybe someone’s practice squad. They’re still potential NFL talents like him but not anything near what he would see on sundays. Right now I’m guessing him to be about 8th on the packers depth which hopefully will get him a practice squad spot.

1 Allan Lazard 4 Iowa St 6’5” 227
2 Randell Cobb 12 Kentucky 5’10 195
3 Sammy Watkins 9 Clemson 6’1” 211
4 Romeo Doubs R Nevada 6’2” 204
5 Christian Watson R NDSU 6’5” 208
6 Amari Rogers 2 Clemson 5’9” 212
7 Juwann Winfree 3 Colorado 6’1” 210
8 Samori Toure R Neb/Mont 6’1” 191
9 Danny Davis R Wisconsin 6’1” 188
10 Ishmael Hyman 1 James Madison 6’0” 196
11 Malik Taylor 3 Farris St 6’2” 217

"After criticizing his young wide receivers for continuously dropping passes during practice, Rodgers and the rest of the Packers QBs joined them for a chat on Wednesday morning.

“It was just really giving us advice,” rookie receiver Samori Toure said. “Basically, letting us know that the Green Bay receiving corps has always been held to a super-high standard. All the legends who have been through here. It’s just about us carrying on that standard and stepping up.”

Tourre, a seventh-round pick, had an impressive practice after the meeting, snagging multiple key passes."

"Packers receivers met with Aaron Rodgers after QB's criticism

After Aaron Rodgers criticized his receivers for dropping passes, the offense met on Wednesday morning."

Read in New York Post: https://apple.news/AznWd0mwiRxKL0y29ysyeJg

BWahlberg said:

Practice squad and then the Vikings nab him! :cool:

Dillon said:
BWahlberg said:

images

Dillon said:
BWahlberg said:

This is the correct answer :D

alabamagrizzly said:
Wolf777 said:

Not to knock him but for what it’s worth, he’s going up against guys that most likely won’t be on a roster or maybe someone’s practice squad. They’re still potential NFL talents like him but not anything near what he would see on sundays. Right now I’m guessing him to be about 8th on the packers depth which hopefully will get him a practice squad spot.

8 Samori Toure R Neb/Mont 6’1” 191
9 Danny Davis R Wisconsin 6’1” 188
11 Malik Taylor 3 Farris St 6’2” 217
As of August 23, the Packers have now dropped both Malik Taylor, and Danny Davis, but signed Travis Fulgham. This leaves the Packers 10 receivers, heading into their third preseason game this Thursday (using the same order as Alabamagrizzly, and adding Fulgham).

8 Travis Fulgham 3 Old Dominion 6'2" 211
9 Samori Toure R Neb/Mont 6’1” 191

I would love for Toure to make my favorite NFL team, but it's still a long shot. He needs a decent game against Kansas City this week, so solidify his position among the top 7.

Back