• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vim's 2023 Montana High School Football Recruiting List

AZGrizFan said:
How is it that Zac Tierney has neither a Griz nor a ‘Scat offer? Grades?

He was on the Butte baseball team that won state and had a very long season. Not sure he went to any camps.

Paytonlives said:
https://twitter.com/AJonessy/status/1559680780644777986

Interesting song choice this young man chose to announce his commitment to MSU, especially given the issues surrounding his former Sentinel teammate....

:coffee:

Griz2k said:
Paytonlives said:
https://twitter.com/AJonessy/status/1559680780644777986

Interesting song choice this young man chose to announce his commitment to MSU, especially given the issues surrounding his former Sentinel teammate....

Cus it’s a rap song? I don’t see an issue. Unless your implying that rap music is only about the N word. It’s definitely not.

alabamagrizzly said:
Griz2k said:

Cus it’s a rap song? I don’t see an issue. Unless your implying that rap music is only about the N word. It’s definitely not.

As long as he doesn't sing along to it, write the lyrics, or read them aloud to anyone. I'd hate to see him get "cancelled". You hear about the coach at Oklahoma that had to quit his job because he "read" something someone else wrote down? Ridiculous.

Griz2k said:
alabamagrizzly said:

As long as he doesn't sing along to it, write the lyrics, or read them aloud to anyone. I'd hate to see him get "cancelled". You hear about the coach at Oklahoma that had to quit his job because he "read" something someone else wrote down? Ridiculous.

I’m pretty sure he read aloud the n word and Adams song doesn’t have the n word in it.

alabamagrizzly said:
Griz2k said:

I’m pretty sure he read aloud the n word and Adams song doesn’t have the n word in it.

The song ("All In" by Lil Baby) does contain the "n" word. Multiple times. Obviously not in the short snippet on his Twitter announcement though. Just found it somewhat ironic.

alabamagrizzly said:
What is it about?

Griz2k said:
alabamagrizzly said:

The song ("All In" by Lil Baby) does contain the "n" word. Multiple times. Obviously not in the short snippet on his Twitter announcement though. Just found it somewhat ironic.

Cool to see you know your rap music. My guess is it’s properly one of his favorite songs and he choose it cus he’s “all in” to committing to the scats. The next question for you is then since the song contains the n word multiple times yet not once in his snippet, do you think he consciously did that on purpose to avoid the controversy or was that just a random coincidence? Or do you think he was subliminally taking a jab at the U for the way they handled the Crews situation.

kemajic said:
alabamagrizzly said:
What is it about?

Freedom of expression by a culture that for a very long time had been suppressed.

alabamagrizzly said:
Griz2k said:

Cool to see you know your rap music. My guess is it’s properly one of his favorite songs and he choose it cus he’s “all in” to committing to the scats. The next question for you is then since the song contains the n word multiple times yet not once in his snippet, do you think he consciously did that on purpose to avoid the controversy or was that just a random coincidence? Or do you think he was subliminally taking a jab at the U for the way they handled the Crews situation.

Haha! Great question...the conspiracy theorist in me wondered the same thing, but I'm sure it's all innocent and he simply chose the song because he's "all in".

Above the fold Missourian sports section story about Jones joining the scats on 8/18. Nothing about Gurnsey joining the Griz 18th or 19th. Great hometown newspaper.

ChesterGriz said:
Above the fold Missourian sports section story about Jones joining the scats on 8/18. Nothing about Gurnsey joining the Griz 18th or 19th. Great hometown newspaper.

I'm assuming it's probably because Jones is a hometown kid? Still, nothing surprises me about the Missoulian anymore.

Griz2k said:
ChesterGriz said:

I'm assuming it's probably because Jones is a hometown kid? Still, nothing surprises me about the Missoulian anymore.

He did commit on the 16th and he is from Missoula.

rgrizfan said:
Griz2k said:

He did commit on the 16th and he is from Missoula.

Aren’t the Griz out of Missoula? :roll:

Griz2k said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Haha! Great question...the conspiracy theorist in me wondered the same thing, but I'm sure it's all innocent and he simply chose the song because he's "all in".

That would be the safe assumption but I do love a good conspiracy theory😎.

Back