• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Game Daaaay! PSU

UnderratedWalrus said:
this team might be good

“Might”

How laconic.

In all seriousness, this was a pretty dominant win. I honestly didn’t think they would cover the spread. Instead they buried it. I’m pretty pleased.

Da Boyz Mom said:
AZGrizFan said:
yet with so much room to improve in a number of areas. :thumb:

There were definitely some bone-headed decisions today, big mistakes,, and lots to work on. And yet they gobsmacked PSU.

If and when they put it all together this team could be scary good.

mthoopsfan said:
PSU gained 36 in second half, I think.

Yep. Another team held to under 200 yards total offense. This D makes some of the best adjustments a Griz defense has ever made.

The best word we can come up with is "ramshackle". That's what #GrizFB did to Portland State.

Andrew Houghton puts it in perspective.

Griz use big plays to sink Vikings, run record to 4-0 with first Big Sky win
https://skylinesportsmt.com/griz-use-big-plays-to-sink-vikings/

#BigSkyFB Breakdown – Post-game Reaction with @Colter_Nuanez

Hear from Bobby Hauck, Robby Hauck, Junior Bergen & Bruce Barnum following #GrizFB 53-16 win.

Hear from Brent Vigen, Sean Chambers, Ty Okada & RJ Fitzgerald after Montana State's 38-35 win

https://skylinesportsmt.com/big-sky-breakdown-post-day-reaction-with-colter-nuanez/

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1574052088283557888

UnderratedWalrus said:
this team might be good

Sure, we're "good", but we haven't played anyone. PSU looked like crap. We'll find out if this team is legit when we play Sac,MSU and EWU.

Zirg said:
UnderratedWalrus said:
this team might be good

Sure, we're "good", but we haven't played anyone. PSU looked like crap. We'll find out if this team is legit when we play Sac,MSU and EWU.

You know, they can only play (and destroy) the teams that are on the schedule. Combined record of our opponents? 3-11. Combined record of NDSU’s opponents? 4-12.

AZGrizFan said:
Zirg said:

You know, they can only play (and destroy) the teams that are on the schedule. Combined record of our opponents? 3-11. Combined record of NDSU’s opponents? 4-12.

I agree. Just saying it's hard to make much just yet, and nothing in the next 2 weeks can change that. At Sac State, at Weber, @ Bozeman, and EWU will determine this season. We would be 4-0 with our second stringers right now.

Zirg said:
AZGrizFan said:

I agree. Just saying it's hard to make much just yet, and nothing in the next 2 weeks can change that. At Sac State, at Weber, @ Bozeman, and EWU will determine this season. We would be 4-0 with our second stringers right now.

Yes, but my heart probably couldnt’ take that. :lol: :lol:

Back