• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Brint was wrong

Well hey now, haha. I don't really know if I saw enough from PSU or USD to show who really was the better team. Looking forward to seeing PSU finish 5-6 with a few odd upsets though, haha.

BWahlberg said:
Well hey now, haha. I don't really know if I saw enough from PSU or USD to show who really was the better team. Looking forward to seeing PSU finish 5-6 with a few odd upsets though, haha.

I watched about half of the USD/NDSU game today and in my biased and completely unprofessional opinion, USD is absolutely a better team than PSU. No way would PSU have hung with the Bison the way the Yotes did. But hey we're all entitled to our own opinions. :D

The Griz hung more points on PSU than the Hiskies did this season and there would have been another TD if Bobby wasn't a classy coach :thumb:

Da Boyz Mom said:
Portland State is NOT better than South Dakota.

That is all.

I said all week that Montana should, and would mop the floor with PSU. We won’t have a close game until Weber. That one will be a dog fight. There’s only two teams in this conference this year that should give us a real problem and that’s Weber and sac state. The rest we should probably win by double digits unless we don’t play well.

As I suggested early this week, there’s no way PSU was going to be as good as a Valley playoff team. And they weren’t.

That said, psu was good. They were very fast defensively, particularly side to side. The oline is solid, and can move people in the run game. Make no mistake, psu will beat teams this year.

I was fully on board with Brint's assessment, I thought for sure PSU was going to test us, they were coming off a bye, they have a great receiving core, some dudes on defense. I was wrong. ISU I highly doubt they will test us next week, Idaho the following game after a bye at home, they are better than the last couple years with Petrino but I expect we will smoke them. The following two weeks will be the test, Sac at Sac, followed by Weebs at Weebs. Both of whom have smoked FBS teams. By the time those games roll around we will know a lot about a lot. Exciting times!

grizfan406 said:
I was fully on board with Brint's assessment, I thought for sure PSU was going to test us, they were coming off a bye, they have a great receiving core, some dudes on defense. I was wrong. ISU I highly doubt they will test us next week, Idaho the following game after a bye at home, they are better than the last couple years with Petrino but I expect we will smoke them. The following two weeks will be the test, Sac at Sac, followed by Weebs at Weebs. Both of whom have smoked FBS teams. By the time those games roll around we will know a lot about a lot. Exciting times!

We’d best not be making the mental errors and leaving points on the field by the time we get to the Sac/Webs games.

AZGrizFan said:
grizfan406 said:

We’d best not be making the mental errors and leaving points on the field by the time we get to the Sac/Webs games.

Yes, like LJ keeping on a couple read options where he clearly should have handed it off.

grizfan406 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Yes, like LJ keeping on a couple read options where he clearly should have handed it off.

They played the entire 3rd quarter like they were sleepwalking….was very weird. Zero energy.

grizfan406 said:
AZGrizFan said:

I'm glad someone else noticed those two plays.

grizband said:
grizfan406 said:

On one of those Marty had a great analysis regarding the defender and whether he was “square” or had turned his hips inward….great insight…

AZGrizFan said:
grizband said:

On one of those Marty had a great analysis regarding the defender and whether he was “square” or had turned his hips inward….great insight…

I hope I'm wrong here... Remember how there is always that kid, usually point guard who was a ball hog, always took the shot, never passed, sometimes there is the QB who wants to be the hero, wants to do it all themselves. I certainly hope that for LJ this isn't the case. We will need him to play unselfish ball, make the right reads and calls if we are going to make a deep run.

I think Johnson is very unselfish. He’s also damn good. Probably going to be one of the best, although only one season.

Brint’s comment may have been right. The Griz are just improving at an incredible rate. Ha.

grizfan406 said:
AZGrizFan said:

I hope I'm wrong here... Remember how there is always that kid, usually point guard who was a ball hog, always took the shot, never passed, sometimes there is the QB who wants to be the hero, wants to do it all themselves. I certainly hope that for LJ this isn't the case. We will need him to play unselfish ball, make the right reads and calls if we are going to make a deep run.

I have watched LJ pass the ball after being flushed out the pocket with multiple yards of open space in front of him enough times to feel comfortable saying I don’t see him as a selfish player. In fact, perhaps a bit TOO unselfish at times….

Back