• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FBS Upset - Big Sky

IdaGriz01

Just so it doesn't get overlooked, note that Sacramento State went on the road and pounded Colorado State, 41-10. Admittedly, CSU is a sucky FBS team, but a 31-point blowout (on the road) is damned impressive. Does leave the question: Is CSU really that bad (probably), or is Sac-State that good (could be)?

FWIW: Fordham led Ohio late into their game before losing 59-52.

FWIW, Weber clobbered Utah State a few weeks ago, but struggled to put away Davis tonight. Great win for the Hornets. I think they are very good this year, but will be interesting to see how they do in conference.

I don’t think beating Utah State or Colorado State should be considered upsets. Those are two really bad FBS teams.

IdaGriz01 said:
Just so it doesn't get overlooked, note that Sacramento State went on the road and pounded Colorado State, 41-10. Admittedly, CSU is a sucky FBS team, but a 31-point blowout (on the road) is damned impressive. Does leave the question: Is CSU really that bad (probably), or is Sac-State that good (could be)?

Sac State was favored to win game, by 4.5

ordigger said:
IdaGriz01 said:

SacSt has lost but one conf game in the last two years and has won back-to-back BSC championships. They are that good, outstanding OL. I've said all year that our toughest test will be at Sac, where we have one win (in OT) since 2009.

kemajic said:
ordigger said:
SacSt has lost but one conf game in the last two years and has won back-to-back BSC championships. They are that good, outstanding OL. I've said all year that our toughest test will be at Sac, where we have one win (in OT) since 2009.

Wow. Well no worries there, this year the griz can't be stopped. You'll destroy Sac, Weber, UI, EWU, and the Cats. Then you'll roll through the semis unscathed... and depending on injuries, NDSU MIGHT put up a fight, but probably not... tight game in the first half but no way NDSU keeps it close in the second half. Bookmark this. :thumb:

poorgriz said:
kemajic said:

Wow. Well no worries there, this year the griz can't be stopped. You'll destroy Sac, Weber, UI, EWU, and the Cats. Then you'll roll through the semis unscathed... and depending on injuries, NDSU MIGHT put up a fight, but probably not... tight game in the first half but no way NDSU keeps it close in the second half. Bookmark this. :thumb:

You're finally seeing the light! :clap:

Jay Norvell managed to completely destroy two teams in one off season.
He left Nevada where he was not very good and took several players with him to CSU.
Both recruiting classes went to crap and both teams have been beat by FCS teams.

Back