• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU Players get a Sunday game.

And they’re just gonna be really pissed off, ‘cause they lost to Tennessee. They’re just gonna kick the ever-lasting shit out of them. They’ll be kicking ass and taking names. Probably a bigger loss than to Oregon. Other than that, it should be a pretty good game.

rocklobster said:
And they’re just gonna be really pissed off, ‘cause they lost to Tennessee. They’re just gonna kick the ever-lasting shit out of them. They’ll be kicking ass and taking names. Probably a bigger loss than to Oregon. Other than that, it should be a pretty good game.
Yep, big time!

That loss knocked Florida out of the top-25 (AP). With two losses, they have essentially zero chance of making the FBS playoff. But being ranked seems to make a big difference in the bowl game you go to. To get back into the top-25, they'll need some "style points" wins, so I'd say the Eags are in for a rough time.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if this game is cancelled! Things are not pretty down there at the moment. And yes, I am aware of what part of the state Gainesville is in.

Gaeilge1 said:
Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if this game is cancelled! Things are not pretty down there at the moment. And yes, I am aware of what part of the state Gainesville is in.
Would not surprise me either. But right now the models say that Ian will pass well east of them. Still, there could be a lot of rain. Since the payout will likely make a huge difference in the EWU budget, I doubt very much they want it canceled.

Gaeilge1 said:

It's gonna take a pretty big bake sale to make up the deficit if they don't get paid.

If the game against Florida is to be cancelled EW is probably SOL for a payment. If you remember the Griz BB team had a game cancelled a few years back against UCLA and they did not get any compensation. There’s a clause in the contract that states the contract is null and void in the event of a natural disaster. Not sure it’s in the contract EW signed but I think it’s pretty much a boiler plate clause in most contracts. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I wonder if a Monday night game would not be better? You only have to navigate one NFL game that day. The ‘pro’ is they probably get more eyeballs, the ‘con’ would be having a short week for next opponent.

Gaeilge1 said:

I'm currently sitting 25 miles from UF campus. Weather should be fine for the game storm kinda went around our area. If they cancel it will be because they don't want people clogging up i-75 going to the game but since it's against EWU I'm sure that wouldn't be an issue anyways cause no one would drive any distance to see that slaughter.

Eastern doesn't want this game cancelled for financial reasons...it would be the 2nd cancellation of this game as it was supposed to take place a couple years ago when Covid hit.

Eags are going to get run over if its played, hopefully come away with no injuries, but 1-3 to start the season is gonna suck. Still not thrilled about the call in the MSU game.

Conference will come down to Sac and UM, should be a helluva race...

marceagfan5 said:
Eastern doesn't want this game cancelled for financial reasons...it would be the 2nd cancellation of this game as it was supposed to take place a couple years ago when Covid hit.

Eags are going to get run over if its played, hopefully come away with no injuries, but 1-3 to start the season is gonna suck. Still not thrilled about the call in the MSU game.

Weber and MSU will have something to say about that (Fortunately MSU just passed their toughest road test, get Weber and UM at home, don't play SAC), but agree it will be a helluva race.

Regarding the call, what is your argument out of curiosity? I assume you've watched the replay a few times. When you watch it in real time, are you thinking that receiver maintained complete control over the football all the way through the tackle?

poorgriz said:
marceagfan5 said:

Weber and MSU will have something to say about that (Fortunately MSU just passed their toughest road test, get Weber and UM at home, don't play SAC), but agree it will be a helluva race.

scats won’t have anything to say about it. 3 conference losses this year. :lol:

UncleP said:
poorgriz said:

Wanna put a bet down on that? :cool:

UncleP said:
poorgriz said:

Another thing is the cats don't have to play Sac. St or Idaho this year and get the Griz and Weber at home. Pretty ideal for them.

Alaska Griz said:
UncleP said:

Another thing is the cats don't have to play Sac. St or Idaho this year and get the Griz and Weber at home. Pretty ideal for them.

For sure on Sac, but I'm not sold on ID yet. griz don't have to play at NAU, and UCD, but fortunately Cats get them at home.

poorgriz said:
Alaska Griz said:

For sure on Sac, but I'm not sold on ID yet. griz don't have to play at NAU, and UCD, but fortunately Cats get them at home.

NAU is 1-3 and just got thumped by three scores to, you guessed it, Idaho just last week. In Flagstaff! I won't be shocked if NAU loses to Portland State tomorrow. UCD has managed to keep games close while losing.

Back