• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Buschini gets caught in politics

CDAGRIZ said:
Speaking of politics, what are peoples’ top 5 BBQ places in the US? For me, it’s:

1. Lewis Barbecue: The owner trained Aaron Franklin in the game. This Charleston, SC spot has the real deal offset smokers and all the goods served the right way. I know it’s not in Texas, but it’s definitely Texas brisket. Ridiculously good.

2. Franklin Barbecue: This Austin, TX spot is trendy, and has great marketing, but the results speak for themselves. Fantastic everything, smoked on true post oak. Best brisket, but Lewis edges it out in the overall ranking.

3. Famous Dave’s: This multiple location spot has it all if you’re in the mood for great BBQ. From sweet ribs to savory brisket, this is the place. They smoke it low and slow in a 375 degree oven, so you know it’s good.

4. Jack’s BBQ: This Seattle spot is a must visit when you’re craving true Texas BBQ. Baked beans are impeccable, and the chicken is delectable. Give it a shot.

5. Gen: This multiple location place has the best ribs you’ll ever eat. You get to sear them yourself over high heat at the table and go to town chewing them up. Great BBQ ribs. Truly Seoul food.

What say you? Sound off in the comments.

Great list.

If you’re in Pocatello, be sure to check out Dickeys BBQ Pit.

CDAGRIZ said:
Speaking of politics, what are peoples’ top 5 BBQ places in the US? For me, it’s:

1. Lewis Barbecue: The owner trained Aaron Franklin in the game. This Charleston, SC spot has the real deal offset smokers and all the goods served the right way. I know it’s not in Texas, but it’s definitely Texas brisket. Ridiculously good.

2. Franklin Barbecue: This Austin, TX spot is trendy, and has great marketing, but the results speak for themselves. Fantastic everything, smoked on true post oak. Best brisket, but Lewis edges it out in the overall ranking.

3. Famous Dave’s: This multiple location spot has it all if you’re in the mood for great BBQ. From sweet ribs to savory brisket, this is the place. They smoke it low and slow in a 375 degree oven, so you know it’s good.

4. Jack’s BBQ: This Seattle spot is a must visit when you’re craving true Texas BBQ. Baked beans are impeccable, and the chicken is delectable. Give it a shot.

5. Gen: This multiple location place has the best ribs you’ll ever eat. You get to sear them yourself over high heat at the table and go to town chewing them up. Great BBQ ribs. Truly Seoul food.

I like Sticky Fingers in downtown Chattanooga. And Sugar's (Ribs) in Chattanooga.

Not BBQ, but great breakfast place, with huge local color. Atlanta Breakfast Club. https://discoveratlanta.com/partner/atlanta-breakfast-club/

CDAGRIZ said:

Franklins is good if you don’t mind standing in line for a couple hours, and then maybe not getting any if they run out.

There’s a little place in San Antonio called Two Brothers BBQ that’s just a hair lower than Franklins on the ratings but still very very good and you can actually GET some.

Blacks in New Braunfels is good too.

UncleP said:
Glad he is gone. Hope he’s enjoying his time at that powerhouse school. All those wins are sure gonna be fun.

How many times would he have punted here?

How many times has he punted in Nebraska?

AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Franklins is good if you don’t mind standing in line for a couple hours, and then maybe not getting any if they run out.

There’s a little place in San Antonio called Two Brothers BBQ that’s just a hair lower than Franklins on the ratings but still very very good and you can actually GET some.

Did you ever go to Lil’ Miss in Tempe? It’s unreal, but also an hour wait. Almost put them at #1 if not for Terry Black’s beef ribs

CDAGRIZ said:

Great change of subject. I’ve been to Jack’s in Seattle—excellent. I have one place to add:

The Rendezvous: Located in Memphis, TN. Ribs melt in your mouth. It was delicious. We had ribs and brisket. The dry rubbed ribs where nice and moist and the BBQ sauce addition was delicious. The Brisket sat on a half bum with made it perfect. Cooked to perfection. Great baked beans, as well.

rocklobster said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Great change of subject. I’ve been to Jack’s in Seattle—excellent. I have one place to add:

The Rendezvous: Located in Memphis, TN. Ribs melt in your mouth. It was delicious. We had ribs and brisket. The dry rubbed ribs where nice and moist and the BBQ sauce addition was delicious. The Brisket sat on a half bum with made it perfect. Cooked to perfection. Great baked beans, as well.

Took the [Rendezvous] words right out of my mouth. 😋

CDAGRIZ said:

Jack Stack in Kansas City is the King of BBQ. No place in the world comes close.

WaGriz4life said:
AZGrizFan said:

Did you ever go to Lil’ Miss in Tempe? It’s unreal, but also an hour wait. Almost put them at #1 if not for Terry Black’s beef ribs

I’m not a huge BBQ fan, so don’t go out of my way to get ANY of it. So no, never heard of Lil’ Miss….and living in Cave Creek, Tempe was like the ends of the earth drive…. :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
WaGriz4life said:

I’m not a huge BBQ fan, so don’t go out of my way to get ANY of it. So no, never heard of Lil’ Miss….and living in Cave Creek, Tempe was like the ends of the earth drive…. :lol:

No shit. Was just in Phoenix and forgot how much distance was between everything. Thank goodness it's pretty easy to get around.

PhxGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

No shit. Was just in Phoenix and forgot how much distance was between everything. Thank goodness it's pretty easy to get around.

When the 101, 202 and 303 didn’t exist and 51 didn’t go past Shea? Yeah, fuck THAT. It was impossible.

Hell, when I moved there there was still a stoplight on I-10 and the tunnel didn’t exist!

AZGrizFan said:
UncleP said:
Glad he is gone. Hope he’s enjoying his time at that powerhouse school. All those wins are sure gonna be fun.

How many times would he have punted here?

How many times has he punted in Nebraska?

Through four games Nebraska has punted 19 times and we have punted 18.

...28th amendment should read...
...seperation politics and football...
...of the people for the people...

... :protesst: ...

AZDoc said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I love me a good Brisket!
:thumb:

SoldierGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Jack Stack in Kansas City is the King of BBQ. No place in the world comes close.

Never heard of it. Can’t be elite.

EverettGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Great list.

If you’re in Pocatello, be sure to check out Dickeys BBQ Pit.

Thanks! I’d try Dickey’s in Pocatello, but the wife always wants to eat somewhere fancy like Jakers when we’re there.

AZGrizFan said:
PhxGriz said:

When the 101, 202 and 303 didn’t exist and 51 didn’t go past Shea? Yeah, [#]f### THAT. It was impossible.

Hell, when I moved there there was still a stoplight on I-10 and the tunnel didn’t exist!
When I moved there you had to go down Van Buran to the bridge to get to Tempe. I-10? Dream phase, two lane roads to LA. The southern boundry of Tempe was Broadway.

And the Sun Devils were actually good.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
When the 101, 202 and 303 didn’t exist and 51 didn’t go past Shea? Yeah, [#]f### THAT. It was impossible.

When I moved there you had to go down Van Buran to the bridge to get to Tempe. I-10? Dream phase, two lane roads to LA. The southern boundry of Tempe was Broadway.

And the Sun Devils were actually good.
:lol: :lol: ALL of that. It’s come a long way, baby. :D

CDAGRIZ said:
375° F is not low and slow

That said, I still like Famous Dave's sauce, I prefer my own BBQ though.

SoldierGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Jack Stack is definitely a good one. The best of the bigger brands!

I’d argue that in KC, the little hole in the wall dives that have been going for generations are the ticket. So good. I spent a summer in KC working and we hit a TON of the smaller BBQ places. So much variety, so many family recipes, you can tell some serious love went into what they served. It’s worth it to spend a few days/weeks/years touring all the little places. The best stuff is usually off the beaten path.

Back