Potential Big Injury

Get the low down on Griz/FCS Football
MTGRZ

Damn the new Nike cleats players like Harris and Bergen have been wearing. In the first game we saw multiple players including Harris slip a few times. I believe this was due to the cleats. In the game this past week against PSU we may have lost one of our biggest offensive weapons to an injury that I believe was due to his cleats.

With about 5:00 left in the 3rd quarter PSU punted the ball down the east side of the field. Bergen attempted to get the ball as it was heading out of bounds near the goal line. When he turned up field his left foot slipped, extending his leg out away from him further than he anticipated. The commentator even noticed that he was limping a bit as he trotted towards the sideline. I believe he slipped because of the new (not always better) cleats.

Bergen was in one more play that I could find after that slip, and he did not appear to be running hard. I could definitely be wrong, but I am afraid he will be lost for a few weeks. If I was the team I would hold him back for a minimum of four weeks. Hamstrings are notoriously difficult to return from-especially when you are a player like 5 and you rely on speed.

He seemed to be in good spirits during the post game presser, so hopefully it's nothing too big, but I am very afraid that we just lost one of our most important and versatile offensive weapons for a long time, and he may never be the same again this year. Heal up Bergen, we wish you the best.
HelenaHandBasket

I suggest you take a look at the prior punt return.
HookedonGriz
eGriz Club

Man there’s jumping to some conclusions and then there’s JUMPING to some conclusions. I saw him limping a bit too. Maybe they hold him out and then we have a bye week. I’m not sure I’d automatically assume he is pretty much done for the season. Let’s chill out a little and see how it plays out.
alabamagrizzly

HookedonGriz wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:44 pm Man there’s jumping to some conclusions and then there’s JUMPING to some conclusions. I saw him limping a bit too. Maybe they hold him out and then we have a bye week. I’m not sure I’d automatically assume he is pretty much done for the season. Let’s chill out a little and see how it plays out.
"In Bill's(Wild Bill Kelly) tragic death there might be some message for the college society that basks in the glory of the football team and the individual heroes, but overlooks the fact that they are like the rest of us with conflicts, fears, frustrations, and weakness."-Joseph Cochran, friend of Kelly's
first_down_MT

HookedonGriz wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:44 pm Man there’s jumping to some conclusions and then there’s JUMPING to some conclusions. I saw him limping a bit too. Maybe they hold him out and then we have a bye week. I’m not sure I’d automatically assume he is pretty much done for the season. Let’s chill out a little and see how it plays out.
Proud Griz Man
eGriz Club

This.
HookedonGriz wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:44 pm not sure I’d automatically assume he is pretty much done for the season. Let’s chill out a little and see how it plays out.
mthoopsfan

I saw some other guys limping too. We are in big trouble.
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

mthoopsfan wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:44 am I saw some other guys limping too. We are in big trouble.
I have a pronounced limp when I first stand up. Is that bad?
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.
retiredpopo

holy crap I think I saw someone blowing their nose pretty sure the whole team has covid and probably better cancel the season.....the post almost sounds too wacked not to be a joke so I will say good one.....
SoldierGriz
eGriz Club

Griz are screwed. Better call a press conference so Bobby can answer injury questions from the very, very competent and professional reporters...
FTc, FTv, FTmissoulian

PlayerRep aka mthoops aka?:
"As I've gotten older, I have my wife telling me to "stand up" for the national anthem."
reinell30
eGriz Club

I thought there was a potential for injury every time you got in the game? LOL...
SoldierGriz
eGriz Club

reinell30 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:56 pm I thought there was a potential for injury every time you got in the game? LOL...
Not if you have the right cleats on. Bad, new cleats are Griz Kryptonite. Lots of limping.
FTc, FTv, FTmissoulian

PlayerRep aka mthoops aka?:
"As I've gotten older, I have my wife telling me to "stand up" for the national anthem."
EverettGriz
eGriz Club

In MT's defense, I was a little concerned we didn't see Bergen again after that play also. I hope that was just precautionary.
Booze is the duct tape of life.
CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club

I read the first part of the post as saying the new cleats could cause a serious injury (that hasn't happened yet). It then took a turn.

Which reminds me: Hurricane Ian is pummeling the FL gulf coast. I saw a bit of maroon on the radar, so I'm worried that the storm might turn and come to Missoula next. WAGriz in shambles. When that happens, where do you guys think we'll play home games?
UncleP

CDAGRIZ wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:16 pm I read the first part of the post as saying the new cleats could cause a serious injury (that hasn't happened yet). It then took a turn.

Which reminds me: Hurricane Ian is pummeling the FL gulf coast. I saw a bit of maroon on the radar, so I'm worried that the storm might turn and come to Missoula next. WAGriz in shambles. When that happens, where do you guys think we'll play home games?
When the surge hits the field we’ll be moving to the INFERNO….obviously!
Grizzlies1982

CDAGRIZ wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:16 pm I read the first part of the post as saying the new cleats could cause a serious injury (that hasn't happened yet). It then took a turn.

Don’t be ridiculous CDA.
WaGriz stadium was built out of concrete and steel specifically to withstand Hurricanes.
Survey says: Playoffs are more fun when the Grizzlies are in them.
fanofzoo

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:59 am
mthoopsfan wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:44 am I saw some other guys limping too. We are in big trouble.
I have a pronounced limp when I first stand up. Is that bad?
Well it ain't ideal.
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

I was certain this “Potential Serious Injury” was going to be a reference to that shithole Holt Arena and the concrete pad they play on. That place is a f###[#] train wreck waiting to happen.
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.
kemajic
eGriz Club

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:27 am I was certain this “Potential Serious Injury” was going to be a reference to that shithole Holt Arena and the concrete pad they play on. That place is a f###[#] train wreck waiting to happen.
They replaced that several years ago. They have the same sprinturf used in Wash/Griz.
God knows when I'm good, I'm good and when I'm good, it's seldom - Aaron Watson
kemajic
eGriz Club

Grizzlies1982 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:36 pm

Don’t be ridiculous CDA.
WaGriz stadium was built out of concrete and steel specifically to withstand Hurricanes.
All this time I thought it was to amplify the sound.
God knows when I'm good, I'm good and when I'm good, it's seldom - Aaron Watson