• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Colorado

Copper Griz

Colorado, Wisconsin, Colorado State, Arizona. Lots of coaching spots going to need filled in 2023. Will be interesting to watch.

AKGriz72 said:
Nebraska as well. Would be willing to bet NDSU’s coach is gone at the end of the season.

You might be correct. Worried a certain Big Sky conference coach may also explore options.

Copper Griz said:
Colorado, Wisconsin, Colorado State, Arizona. Lots of coaching spots going to need filled in 2023. Will be interesting to watch.
I believe the CSU and Arizona coaches are safe for the time being. Jay Norvell is only in his first season at the helm for the Rams after doing good things at Nevada, I'm sure they'll give him more time to turn the program around, while Jedd Fisch is quickly turning around the Wildcats and seems to have them on the right trajectory.

Copper Griz said:
AKGriz72 said:
Nebraska as well. Would be willing to bet NDSU’s coach is gone at the end of the season.

You might be correct. Worried a certain Big Sky conference coach may also explore options.

I don’t see Hauck in Boulder. Your guy seems too blue collared for a place like the People’s Republic of Boulder.

CSU will give Norvell three years at minimum to turn things around.

BigSkyBears said:
Copper Griz said:

I don’t see Hauck in Boulder. Your guy seems too blue collared for a place like the People’s Republic of Boulder.

CSU will give Norvell three years at minimum to turn things around.

Not sure, but he may have been an assistant coach there early in his career.

Bobby isn’t going anywhere. This is it. He retires here or he gets fired here, but he ain’t leaving, even after Robby graduates.

Griz90 said:
Bobby isn’t going anywhere. This is it. He retires here or he gets fired here, but he ain’t leaving, even after Robby graduates.

$7 to $8 million guaranteed on a five year contract versus the potential (note the operative word potential as in "...if all bonus criteria are met...) for ~$500k?

The UNLV position and how that played out would tend to motivate most competitive people for that chance at redemption. Going to the pac or MWC?

The NDSU coaches decision will be fascinating to watch where he decides to go. When Dennis turned down the Wisconsin offer early in his career and chose to remain in the west prior to Sam's call still amazes me how that ultimately played out for him.

Whatever he decides to do, one hopes he has better luck recruiting this time around. Vegas for whatever reason does not appeal to kids who don't want to party, stay out all damn night, and would rather hit the gym and go for a run than get wasted...

Copper Griz said:
AKGriz72 said:

I am on the Hauck train as much as anyone, but I'm not sure his resume rises to the interview pile. What would a decision to hire him be based on?

SoldierGriz said:
Copper Griz said:

Duplicate post.

Oh boy. Sure to tick off half the board with this response. I am hard pressed to argue against your position on this one. BH has a lot of cards stacked in his favor at U of M. If I were an AD at an FBS school, I would look at his overall record and the staff he has assembled. UNLV would hurt his chances. (Although nobody is going to turn that dumpster fire around with current conditions). The staff is great. Winning a natty might help him somewhat, but maybe not enough. Tradition and ties to the school may be a negative for him, as well as having to recruit a new area/nationally on a level playing field with everyone else. Although the same could probably be said for the NDSU coach. Hard call and I think people are naive to believe he won’t leave U of M. He is a very good coach and has done wonders to turn things back around. 5 or 6 million come calling and he would be a fool to pass it up.

Copper Griz said:
SoldierGriz said:
Duplicate post.

Oh boy. Sure to tick off half the board with this response. I am hard pressed to argue against your position on this one. BH has a lot of cards stacked in his favor at U of M. If I were an AD at an FBS school, I would look at his overall record and the staff he has assembled. UNLV would hurt his chances. (Although nobody is going to turn that dumpster fire around with current conditions). The staff is great. Winning a natty might help him somewhat, but maybe not enough. Tradition and ties to the school may be a negative for him, as well as having to recruit a new area/nationally on a level playing field with everyone else. Although the same could probably be said for the NDSU coach. Hard call and I think people are naive to believe he won’t leave U of M. He is a very good coach and has done wonders to turn things back around. 5 or 6 million come calling and he would be a fool to pass it up.

I agree. I only hope that if he left Haslam would do a better job hunting for a new head coach than the last go around, which was an unmitigated disaster of a hire. I would hope that Pease was in the mix. I think he might be a good hire if it ever came down to it.

Little known fact: Bobby already turned down a pile of cash when he was offered the head coach job at San Diego AFTER he was already back in Missoula, and he turned them down. I posted it here and tons of folks jumped my ass saying I was wrong. I wasn't. The mods even pulled the post after PR verified every word I stated. I got the info straight from the President of the GSA who got it straight from Haslam. This is Bobby's last head coaching gig. He told me face-to-face he ain't taking any other job and he'll leave when he retires or gets fired.

The coach at CU is going into a dumpster fire. I mean, ASU with at least 2 year ban on post season coming up, is a significantly better job. CU for all of its history and prowess, currently puts nothing into football. They care zero, which makes no sense. I know someone that works there, and she basically said it is why the Michigan State coach left after 1 season...without actually saying that. There is no buy in from admin, and now with conference limbo, they have no vision.

Short and interesting in that he states some schools have higher expectations.

https://www.deseret.com/2022/10/3/23380521/utah-utes-football-kyle-whittingham-on-karl-dorrell-paul-chryst-firings

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

https://www.deseret.com/2022/10/3/23380521/utah-utes-football-kyle-whittingham-on-karl-dorrell-paul-chryst-firings

First the nipple chicks and now this? You have your finger on the pulse of all things Ute.

CDAGRIZ said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

First the nipple chicks and now this? You have your finger on the pulse of all things Ute.

:lol: :lol: :clap:

Genuinely don’t think Bobby would even consider moving on again until he’s won a national championship here.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Whatever he decides to do, one hopes he has better luck recruiting this time around. Vegas for whatever reason does not appeal to kids who don't want to party, stay out all damn night, and would rather hit the gym and go for a run than get wasted...

Marcus Arroyo would disagree with you. He has done very well.

Back