• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Mornhinweg is terrific announcer

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
Bozeman's own Andrew Schmidt was a very good Griz RB that shared PT with Chase Reynolds. He ran the ball down the throat of a great CPSLO team in SLO to the tune of 145 yards on 26 carries and a TD for a key win on the way to the natty in 2008. Try to catch up.

And by “share” you mean he got 1 carry for every 3 of Chase’s. :lol:

Schmidt started and kicked ass at CP that year. I was there. Great game. Tru’s first game. Kicked some CP receiver’s butt, except one play.

At Bozeman high, Schmidt was the main back. Tanyon Bissell, who played receiver for Boise St, was the QB. John Manning, who played corner for Dartmouth, was the slot back. He led AA football in rushing average per carry, ahead of Schulte. A very nice Hawk backfield. Up there with a much earlier group. Steve Kerby, who started at corner for Wash St. Jim Sweeney, who got a scholarship to Alabama, as a LB. Another guy who started at corner at Dartmouth. Kerby, the other guy and Casey Reilly of Anaconda were the first team all-conference backs.

I like Marty. He has dedicated his whole life to football, and it shows when he excitedly talks about the game! Jay Kohn is more at home reading the boring nightly news. You can tell Marty wants to grab a helmet and get out there, heck, he makes me wanna run out there and get after it! Marty's knowledge is exceptional. He's interesting to listen to (entertaining and highly qualified). We are lucky to have him. I like listening to him on ESPN Missoula as well.

In all, Mornhinweg has coached a year of high school, ten years in the college ranks, and 20 years in the NFL. Throughout his coaching career, Mornhinweg has coached every position on the offensive side of the ball.

Mornhinweg has coached five different quarterbacks who earned Pro Bowl selections: Brett Favre, Steve Young, Jeff Garcia, Donovan McNabb, and Michael Vick.

IntuitiveGriz said:
In all, Mornhinweg has coached a year of high school, ten years in the college ranks, and 20 years in the NFL. Throughout his coaching career, Mornhinweg has coached every position on the offensive side of the ball.

Mornhinweg has coached five different quarterbacks who earned Pro Bowl selections: Brett Favre, Steve Young, Jeff Garcia, Donovan McNabb, and Michael Vick.

Can he coach O-line? :D

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Bill Walton was unbearable. That’s what who MM is.

Walton is by far one of the most knowledgeable and entertaining NBA announcers there is. Some posters in this thread would whine about Howard Cosell.

ordigger said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Bill Walton was unbearable. That’s what who MM is.

Walton is by far one of the most knowledgeable and entertaining NBA announcers there is. Some posters in this thread would whine about Howard Cosell.
Walton is good, I think Hubie Brown is better.

Latest posts

Back