• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Participation, Player of the Week, and the Depth Chart

SaskGriz

DONOR
Tougher week to spot players because the main game cameras were on the Griz side.

Braxton Hill and Adam Botkin were both on the sidelines in street clothes, interestingly so was RS TE Joe Weida.
Williams, Britt, Longin, Whitehead, B.Lang, Travillion, Rausch, Childs, C.Janacaro, Barnum, Good, McCabe, Rensvold, and Brammer were all there and dressed but didn't play.
Racanelli (I think one of you said he's out for the year with a knee) Bergen, and Walker were all absent, injured.
The RS's obviously don't travel. And Capser, Abbott, P.Lang, Ver Strate, Huff, Leonard, Croy, Wegener, Z. Evans, Hurlburt, Mann, Lincoln, Olson, McPherson, and Smith don't appear to have made the trip. Ver Strate, Lincoln, and Olson are a bit surprising because they all travelled to Indiana State, and both Lincoln and Olson play on the special teams but unless I missed them weren't in Pocatello.

Not taking anything away from Rohrbach's ST Player of the Week, but I thought Ian Hershey was very impressive as well.

Revisiting some early season discussion of Montana's use of the Depth Chart, for this one; Junior Bergen is listed as first up punt returner and backing up at F receiver and kick return. Xavier Harris is the starter at TB, Kukila Lincoln is the back up center. Braxton Hill is starting at LB, Ryan Tirrell is backing him up. Tyler Flink is not listed in the 2 deep at LB. Corbin Walker is starting at CB. Boktin is the back up punter and is handling kick off duties.

SaskGriz said:
Tougher week to spot players because the main game cameras were on the Griz side.

Braxton Hill and Adam Botkin were both on the sidelines in street clothes, interestingly so was RS TE Joe Weida.
Williams, Britt, Longin, Whitehead, B.Lang, Travillion, Rausch, Childs, C.Janacaro, Barnum, Good, McCabe, Rensvold, and Brammer were all there and dressed but didn't play.
Racanelli (I think one of you said he's out for the year with a knee) Bergen, and Walker were all absent, injured.
The RS's obviously don't travel. And Capser, Abbott, P.Lang, Ver Strate, Huff, Leonard, Croy, Wegener, Z. Evans, Hurlburt, Mann, Lincoln, Olson, McPherson, and Smith don't appear to have made the trip. Ver Strate, Lincoln, and Olson are a bit surprising because they all travelled to Indiana State, and both Lincoln and Olson play on the special teams but unless I missed them weren't in Pocatello.

Not taking anything away from Rohrbach's ST Player of the Week, but I thought Ian Hershey was very impressive as well.

Revisiting some early season discussion of Montana's use of the Depth Chart, for this one; Junior Bergen is listed as first up punt returner and backing up at F receiver and kick return. Xavier Harris is the starter at TB, Kukila Lincoln is the back up center. Braxton Hill is starting at LB, Ryan Tirrell is backing him up. Tyler Flink is not listed in the 2 deep at LB. Corbin Walker is starting at CB. Boktin is the back up punter and is handling kick off duties.
Coaches don’t disclose week to week injuries in the depth chart. The conversation was about the week 1 depth chart which was almost 100% accurate.

SaskGriz said:

You going through all of this is quite impressive.

Rensvold threw a great block on one of red zone TD’s the week prior. As much as they were emphasizing the run against UISU, it surprising he didn’t get a few reps.

Bok_Choi said:
Rensvold threw a great block on one of red zone TD’s the week prior. As much as they were emphasizing the run against UISU, it surprising he didn’t get a few reps.
He has really good hands too. I think his injury was a bad one and then a re-injury. Amazing that he's still working hard, hard not to cheer for a young man like that. Hopefully the opportunities come his way.

Talked to his dad. Matt realizes he has to play his way back in and is rareing to go. Spirits are high as well as his expectations. A true Griz

Side note on Rensvold. His sister, a terrific soccer player, is also the full time kicker for the Pirate football team.

THE BETCH said:
Side note on Rensvold. His sister, a terrific soccer player, is also the full time kicker for the Pirate football team.

She is also a fantastic softball pitcher.

THE BETCH said:
Talked to his dad. Matt realizes he has to play his way back in and is rareing to go. Spirits are high as well as his expectations. A true Griz
:thumb: Would have expected nothing less!

Oops, she is not the Pirate kicker. I had her mixed up with the true kicker, Tia Mercer. Sorry for the wrong info.

Back